Honored Contributor

Vine Ripe Garden Tomatoes ♡Greek Salad♡

[ Edited ]

Nothing like summer vine ripe tomatoes Heart

Enjoying Greek Salad! Thanks to Penzeys for giving us a sample of the Greek Seasoning in one of our recent orders. Delicious Heart will be ordering this seasoning with our next Penzeys order

greekseas_pot.jpg

827520.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

Re: Vine Ripe Garden Tomatoes ♡Greek Salad♡

Thanks for the recommendation. I just placed an order w/them for the air dried shallots and roasted minced onions. Ended up adding another product just to get the shipping free........but I don't remember what it is now. LOL

Honored Contributor

@CinNC wrote:

Thanks for the recommendation. I just placed an order w/them for the air dried shallots and roasted minced onions. Ended up adding another product just to get the shipping free........but I don't remember what it is now. LOL

@CinNC - the shallots are highly rated, so I'm adding it to our list.

For a Greek dressing, the Penzeys recipe recommends a mix of olive oil and salad oil plus red wine vinegar.  We didn't have the red wine vinegar so I substituted with balsamic vinegar.  It's excellent! I think it would also make a good marinade for chicken.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Your salad looks wonderful.

We have a Penzey's store locally and I love it.

And i always get the free item when i shop.

Honored Contributor

I went to order but didn’t get past reading all of their political agenda...wow.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I went to order but didn’t get past reading all of their political agenda...wow.

They do have 1 family member who is a little out there but otherwise they seem to be a wonderful family selling high quality products.

Respected Contributor

@dex

That is why I stopped doing business with them.
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

WOW is right!  It is Bill Penzey himself who is totally 'out there'.  I stopped ordering from Penzey's when it got so extreme over 1-2 years ago.  The magazine is just as bad.  How do you spell 'unsubscribe'?

I order from the sister's company...The Spice House.  Just as good without the hype. 

Great recipes on the website also.