Trusted Contributor

I would be grateful for recipes for over 7,500 feet.

I really appreciate all high altitude recipes.

Thanks Folks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Very High Altitude Recipes

There are basic alterations which you can find online to adapt any recipe for high altitude.  You don't need special recipes.  Usually baked goods like cakes are most affected.  Cake mixes have high altitude directions on the box.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I lived and grew up at 7500 feet elevation. Some basic changes are: add 25° to the oven temperature, usually for cakes and such add 5 min cooking time, use less levening (bread recipes usually want two cakes/pkgs of yeast so use just one; reduce soda and or baking powder by at least 1/3).

I am sure there are high elevation recipes online. I have a cookbook that was published 60 years ago specifically for over 5000 feet so even those recipes need a wee tweak or two.

I am having a similar problem because I am now at a lower elevation so I am having to learn to cook again.

Trusted Contributor

you can che ck with your local univ extention service.  they may have a bookonthe subject.  io have a very old from the utah exten service and the recipes work very well.  we are at 4700 ft abaove sealevel