Honored Contributor

2 t vanilla extract
2 T instant espresso powder
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 T molasses
1-1/2 ounce bittersweet or dark chocolate, hand chop into very small bits

Combine vanilla, espresso powder and 2 pinches of salt in bowl.  Stir to mix well.  Add the cream, condensed milk and molasses.   Beat at high speed for 3 minutes until you get a whipped cream appearance.  Use a spatula to gently fold in the chocolate. Transfer to a 3 to 4 cup storage container, cover and freeze until firm.

This has a very strong coffee taste.  I served with short bread cookies.  I used Lindt 70% cocoa dark chocolate.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: VIETNAMESE COFFEE ICE CREAM

Really sounds so good...will try!!  Coffee is my favorite flavor.....

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne   Thank you.  I'm saving this one in my file for future use.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

@DiAnne   The pronounced coffee taste appeals to me because coffee is my favorite ice-cream.  Love Trader Joe's coffee ice cream! I am not,  however, a fan of molasses. Is the taste very detectable in this dessert and do you think it's essential to include it?  Is there a substitute that you could suggest?  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vabreeze 

I think the molasses adds to the taste but you can barely taste it.  You could add less or leave it out completely.  Hope you enjoy it.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your reply.  It's only a tablespoon so I will include it.  It's not like molasses is so repulsive that I want to gag. LOL

Trusted Contributor

My favorite flavor of ice cream, hands down. Thanks for the recipe. Sounds delicious!