Honored Contributor

Re: Upside Down Baked Potatoes

@chicagoan wrote:

A friend sent me this awesome simple recipe from Happy Living on FB... courtesy of Food.com.  I made these last night and they were delicious.  I bumped them up with garlic butter and caramelized onion and sour cream.  I love that the cooking time is cut in half, 30 minutes and my large baked potato was perfectly cooked.

Upside Down Baked Potatoes

3 tablespoons melted butter
 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
 2 medium potatoes

POTATOES  UPSIDE DOWN BAKED POTATOES PHOTO BY... HAPPY LIVING.jpg
 Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Pour melted margarine in 8x11 baking dish.

Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over melted butter.

Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and place cut side down over butter/cheese mixture.

Bake for 30-35 mins or till tender.

Robin's note... I bumped them up with garlic butter and I added caramelized onions and sour cream when serving. 

@Chicagoan  I made these last night, and they were great.  I added a little olive oil to the butter because I thought the butter would burn.  I think this recipe is good for dieters in that the butter and parm give the potato some flavor without having to add anything else.  Most of the butter stays in the pan. Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I was bad and poured the butter from the bottom of my pan onto my cut open potatoes....lol

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

@chicagoan wrote:

I was bad and poured the butter from the bottom of my pan onto my cut open potatoes....lol

@Chicagoan

Me too hehehehehehe..............

I have cut out, cut back, substituted, eliminated - whatever - many, many things to be healthier.

But, I just gotta have a little salt & butter with my taters LOL!!!