Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

i'm always afraid to try jarred alfredo.  i mean isn't it basically cream, butter, garlic, and some herbs?  

why would i need to buy a jar of something?  pretty simple to make.  i always remember many, many years ago, alfredo was always described as a heart attack on a plate.

@kittyloo There are lots of reasons to buy jarred sauce.  We do it a lot because we might be tired, simply don't want to cook, and it is an easy meal that isn't as bad for you as a lot of other things.  

We don't make or buy Alfredo sauce, but we buy or make red sauces a lot.  NOTHING at all wrong with buying a sauce.  You can't cook 3 x a day 365.  And even if you just don't want to, it's ok.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

DH brought nhome some Bertolli's Alfredo, and it was pretty good.  Nice to keep on hand if you don't keep high calorie ingredients like cream on hand.

@ECBG  We used to use Bertolli's Alfredo sauce until I bought a container by Buottoni - it's great! I will never make my own again, or use another brand. Give it a try, and you will see a huge difference between the two. Bertolli's is very bland while Buottoni's actually tastes like the real deal. 

@Mimi 1883 Is it this?  Amazon has it.  I've only seen mine.

Botticelli Premium Alfredo Sauce (Packs of 2) - Roman-Style White Alfredo Pasta Sauce with Cheese for Fettuccine, Chicken,...

@ECBG  No, it's in a plastic tub made by Buottoni. It's delicious. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883 

Thank you.  It's on the other side of town!  Walmart is out of stock and one never knows if a specialty item will be reordered.

I'll see if I can get over there.  It's a 4 lane where the city built too many businesses which make it congested and difficult to drive, especially when people pull out in front of you and are too inconvenienced to use their turn signals!

Respected Contributor

Re: Unusual but tasty dish

[ Edited ]

@ECBG

Both the Buitoni and the RANA refrigerated alfredo sauces are pictured below.  They're usually sold in the cheese aisle of grocery stores, near the refrigerated fresh tortellini and other fresh pastas.

buitoni.jpg

rana alfredo.jpg

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@ECBG

Both the Buitoni and the RANA refrigerated alfredo sauces are pictured below.  They're usually sold in the cheese aisle of grocery stores, near the refrigerated fresh tortellini and other fresh pastas.

buitoni.jpg

rana alfredo.jpg

@novamc1 Thank you, sincerely, my Dear!  It seems I'm a "dingbat" today!  I Woman Tonguewasn't thinking refrigerated in the very least!Woman Embarassed

Esteemed Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

i'm always afraid to try jarred alfredo.  i mean isn't it basically cream, butter, garlic, and some herbs?  

why would i need to buy a jar of something?  pretty simple to make.  i always remember many, many years ago, alfredo was always described as a heart attack on a plate.

What a way to go......Woman Wink!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Contributor

Just want to let you know that I fixed this for dinner tonight

and OMG was it good.

How can something taste so good and be so easy to make.

I will make this again for sure.

It's a keeper for sure.