Trusted Contributor

Ummmmmm, our home smells so good!!!

I just got done making pumpkin bread and our home smells just wonderful. I love the smell of pumpkin and spices----one of my favorite things about fall. I know that many of you have your favorite recipe for pumpkin bread, but for those who don't have a recipe, I would like to share mine that I got from a friend years ago and that I always use.

Pumpkin Bread

4 eggs, beaten

3 c. sugar

1 c. corn oil

1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin

1 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. ground cloves

1 tsp. (heaping) cinnamon

1 tsp. (heaping) ground nutmeg

1 tsp. (heaping) ground allspice

31/2 c. flour

2/3 c.water

Preheat oven to 350° (325° for dark pans).

In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices. Set aside. Beat the room temperature eggs in a mixing bowl. Add sugar and corn oil and beat until thoroughly incorporated. Add pumpkin and mix well. Add the dry ingredients slowly and mix thoroughly. Slowly add the water and mix until all ingredients are blended.

Pour into two or three greased loaf pans, depending upon the size of loaf you desire. (You can also bake batter in several tin cans, filling them half full and removing from cans after baked and cooled.)

Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

NOTE: 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice can be substituted for the cloves and allspicce.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta