Respected Contributor

Two recent additions to grocery shelf from Kraft Foods

[ Edited ]

If anyone has tried these new items--Mayochup and Slow Cooker One-Step Sauces for beef, pork, chicken--let us know what you think......

USA Today report asks whether  the Mayochup is a "disgusting new condiment or just what you've been waiting for."...... 

Image result for kraft slow cooker sauceImage result for kraft slow cooker sauceCondiment lovers vote for new sauce 'Mayochup'

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Two recent additions to grocery shelf from Kraft Foods

When I was a kid my mom used to make French salad dressing by mixing ketchup with mayonnaise.I’m surprised it took so long for someone to market it.

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ

I know what you mean.  As if we couldn't mix mayo and ketchup together ourselves...........IF we even wanted to.  

Good grief.......even the product name is unappetizing.

Honored Contributor

None of these would be something we use.  We make oil and vinegar dessings fresh for salads.  I wouldn't use the slow cooker sauces either. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like Mayo except for the few times I make tuna salad....and then it is Miracle Whip!  So the Maochup (or whatever it is called) does not appeal to me.  Same for the meat sauces as I make my own from scratch.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

I raved about a sauce served with a quesadilla in a restaurant.  The cook came by the table and whispered to me that she mixed barbeque sauce with ketchup for the delicious sauce.  We both laughed.  It was good though.  I should have asked which barbeque sauce she used!

Honored Contributor

I would not try either of these products

Honored Contributor

Ok, this would not be for me but for busy/smaller families I can see the appeal as it would be great on burgers and a dipping sauce for fries with no math involved . . . Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

When I was a kid my mom used to make French salad dressing by mixing ketchup with mayonnaise.I’m surprised it took so long for someone to market it.

-------------

So did my mom!!! I liked it then, not so much now! And sometimes she would add a bit of pickle and call it -Thousand Island dressing!

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@NicksmomESQVery interesting.  Both catsup and mayo with relish are thousand island.