Honored Contributor

There's just two of us who will be eating this.  I want to be able to make a pizza for just us two.  Usually we've had to get something at the grocery store or order-in fast food.  We love almost all they put on them.  No anchovies of course, for us.  

I want to be able to do it ourselves with what we like to eat.  Now, the crust, that to me is a concern.  Not too thin, not too thick.  

If you make your own pizza, what can you share on how to do it?  Do you have a recipe you love to do this.  Or do you do individual size ones?  Is there an online source you use for this type of thing?

If you can share, I'd appreciate it.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Two in one Pizza question

To me, the toppings are more important than the crust so I buy pizza crusts in those tubes (like crescent roll come in). You may not need to use all the dough for small pizzas.
Honored Contributor

We like a thin crust, not too much sauce, fresh spinach, pepperoni, crumbled sausage, green peppers, some red onion, cheese. Got this idea after trying Papa Murphys. Their thin crust is awesome. Use pizza stone.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess mentioned something I forgot. Pizza stones are fantastic!

Honored Contributor

I use a Pizza Pizzazz.    ®google it.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Our local grocery store (Wegmans) has a pre-made crust that is nice.  I've used Boboli on the past and enjoyed them.  I may get into making my own crust but these work well for us.  Easy meal!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

We buy the ball of dough from the local pizza shop and depending on which pan I use, can make it a thin crust or a thicker crust.

Respected Contributor

For a very quick/lazy pizza I use pita bread or flatbread for the crust.  Spread on a little bottled spaghetti sauce and top with cheese and whatever else you want. Seasonings are a must--oregano, garlic, hot pepper flakes, etc.  Bake it in the oven till cheese bubbles. 

This is very basic but satisfies the pizza urge.  

Respected Contributor

For a very quick pizza dough with something, you might have in the fridge, use canned biscuits.  It makes little personal pan size pizzas and you can try various toppings easily on the different pizzas.  I flatten it out by hand, the put it between two layers of plastic wrap and roll thing with a rolling pin.  I also like the refrigerated pizza dough too!  My roommate at one time got on the pizza kick and was making dough from scratch.  She tried different recipes, but the refrigerated dough is really the same thing these days.

Honored Contributor

We prefer homemade pizza loaded with pepperoni, sausage, onions, green and banana peppers, with mozzarella.   I always have the individual packs of pizza crust that just need water, and jars of pizza sauce in the pantry.