1/4 tsp pepper

5 tbsp butter

1/2 cup flour

3 cups chicken broth

2 cups milk

3 cups diced cooked turkey

3/4 cup frozen peas

9" pie crust

Cook olive oil, onions, celery, carrots, potatoes, salt, and pepper in big pot for 2 minutes.  Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until mostly tender, 5-7 minutes.  Place in bowl for later.

Melt butter in pot from above step.  Whisk in flour for 2 minutes.  Slowly whisk in broth and milk a little at a time.  Simmer and stir until thickened, 5-7 minutes.  Stir in turkey, peas. and reserved vegetables.  Take off heat.

Pour filling into greased 9x13" baking dish.   Let cool for 5 minutes, then top with pie crust.  I tuck the extra crust into the sides of the dish.  Bake at 400 degrees until golden, 30-35 minutes.  Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.     

Respected Contributor

I baked a turkey breast for Thanksgiving and plan to make a pot pie and a pot of soup with the leftovers. Thanks for posting the recipe!

Valued Contributor

Thank you for sharing, it sounds like the perfect recipie for tomorrow!

Esteemed Contributor

They sounds great. Now anyone have a Turkey soup recipe? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Turkey Pot Pie

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure where this turkey soup recipe came from, but I've been making it the past few years:

1 tbsp butter

1 tbsp olive oil

1/2 cup chopped carrots

1/2 cup chopped celery

1/2 cup chopped onion

1/4 tsp dried thyme

1/4 tsp dried rosemary

6 cups chicken broth

1/2 cup brown rice

2 tsp kosher salt

1 cup milk (half-and-half makes it richer if you have it)

1/3 cup flour

3 cups chopped, cooked turkey

Heat butter and oil in big pot.  Stir in carrots, celery, onions, thyme, amd rosemary until a little tender, 3-4 minutes.

Stir in broth, rice, salt, and a pinch of pepper.  Simmer until rice is tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.

Whisk flour and milk in dish until smooth.  Quickly whisk into soup and simmer until slightly thickened, 5-6 minutes.  Stir in turkey until heated through.     

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter 

Thank you so much for posting this pot pie recipe!  I made it tonight and we loved it.  I printed it off to put in my recipe notebook!  It is a keeper for sure!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

@deepwaterdotter 

Thank you so much for posting this pot pie recipe!  I made it tonight and we loved it.  I printed it off to put in my recipe notebook!  It is a keeper for sure!

So glad you like it.

Super Contributor

My husband and I also thank you for this recipe.  I think we enjoyed it more than the original turkey dinner on Thursday.   :

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I just made a turkey pot pie and turkey orzo soup.   And we still have turkey left over.   Looks like a turkey sandwich for lunch.