Respected Contributor

besides the usual norm for tuna casserole,can anyone tell me what other ingredients  and seasonings what I could use?thank you

Honored Contributor

I love chopped green olives with pimento and canned fried onion rings on top. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

besides the usual norm for tuna casserole,can anyone tell me what other ingredients  and seasonings what I could use?thank you

i made one recently that called for sour cream mixed with the mushroom soup, gave it a nice flavor

Trusted Contributor

@Luvsmyfam @willomenia @Kachina624   This is a great question!!!!  I've always used the soup, but the green olives, fried onions and sour cream sound like awesome, tasty additions!

Thank you Heart

Honored Contributor

I prefer cream of celery soup instead of C of M.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Esteemed Contributor

Haven't made it in years, but when I did...I always put crushed potato chips on top for a crust!  Don't know if that is widely done, but my mom used to do it!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I prefer cream of celery soup instead of C of M.

@Group 5 minus 1  Me too.  I have an aversion to anything mushroom. I always add a can of peas and carrots just for the nutritional value, especially if feeding kids. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

thank-you all for suggestions!

Honored Contributor

Absolutely not a fan of tuna casserole; haven't eaten it since high school, and can proudly say it has never been made, or served, in this house.  

Esteemed Contributor

I like to add curry.  (And yes, sour cream adds a nice creaminess.)  Frozen spinach, too, is a nice way to get in more greens and add a little moisture to the mix.

Cogito ergo sum