Valued Contributor

@Citrine1 That sounds wonderful.   Part of what I'm getting in my tuna is what I'll call blandness.  Sometimes it tastes like I made chicken salad.  I want to taste tuna!

Thanks again for everyone who has replied.  I really appreciate it and got some fantastic ideas!

Super Contributor

i don't make tuna salad, but buy at the deli instead.  I do know that one of the "secret" ingrediants for many restaurants is of all things bread crumbs!

Respected Contributor

@MyShadowLove   At Whole Foods, and I believe it is TonNino :

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner @Citrine1 @alliswell ...Thank you so much!...I will check the brands out that you recommended...There are some interesting recipes shared on this thread for Tuna Salad...It brings back memories as a little girl when, every Friday night, my Mom would fix Toasted Tuna Fish Sandwiches & Tomato Soup...It was more of a relaxing night after a busy week.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove I will add that Santo sardines and Matiz are very good too. You might like them--they aren't like the cheap ones.

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@MyShadowLove   I buy Italy Brand American Yellowfin tuna in olive oil.  I get it in a little Italian specialty shop/deli and haven't found it in my supermarket.  

I also buy Cento, thinking it was Italian tuna and guess what?  I just looked on line and found out that it comes from Asia!  My fault for making assumptions.  In that brand I buy the chunk light in olive oil.  You can find this brand in any supermarket.

I have to warn you, though.  I like a fishy, oily tuna.  Most people don't, so this product may not be for you if you prefer a mild white albacore.  Out of the two I mentioned, Cento is my favorite.  

@Citrine1 Do you like Sardines?  I love them!  My favorites are Matiz and Santo Amaro and some of the King Oscar in mustard.  You can get them with lots of different flavorings from spicy to lemon and such.

Honored Contributor

@Chopsmom - I make mine an easy way, but my family has always loved it! White Albacore tuna, Kraft mayonnaise, chopped green olives, a sprinkle of dry minced onion, and a sprinkle of lemon and pepper seasoning.   Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Sooner @Citrine1 @alliswell ...Thank you so much!...I will check the brands out that you recommended...There are some interesting recipes shared on this thread for Tuna Salad...It brings back memories as a little girl when, every Friday night, my Mom would fix Toasted Tuna Fish Sandwiches & Tomato Soup...It was more of a relaxing night after a busy week.

@MyShadowLove   Yes, tuna fish on toast, with steaming hot bowls of tomato soup or grilled cheese and tomato soup on Friday nights - at my house too - good memories. Heart

Contributor

Good lord that sounds good!