Regular Contributor

@Chopsmom  Kirkland from Costco canned tuna (also canned chicken) is good. 

Respected Contributor

I like albacore tuna, but I find for tuna salad light tuna gives more flavor.  Instead of mayo I use Miracle Whip (more zip than mayo)  If you are going to use mayo I would add a little mustard to zip it up a little.  Miracle whip has mustard in it. I add just a little sugar to the Miracle Whip.   Add chopped boiled egg, chopped green olives and onion to the tuna and stir in the sugared Miracle Whipand there you go.

Respected Contributor

I add quite a bit of dry yellow mustard,relish to the mixture of tuna, celery, mayo, and onion. The dry mustard gives it a bit of a kick and enhances the tuna taste.

Valued Contributor

Thank you all for the wonderful and delicious recipes.  Will be doing a lot of experimenting!

Valued Contributor

@Chopsmom add Old Bay.  i find that tuna salad taste better the following day so maybe that's the difference you experience.  I use chunk light tuna.  it is supposed to have lower levels of mercury.

Esteemed Contributor

The key is using tuna from italy packed in oil.  So flavorful!

Trusted Contributor

Chunk light tuna, mayo, mustard with horseradish, onion, celery, green pepper, sweet pickle relish, a splash of pickle juice, hard boiled egg, salt, pepper, and a dash of paprika.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

Tuna sald without diced sweet pickle reish (or dill pickle relish if you prefer), is not good for anything but growing boys.  Pickle relish and chopped boiled eggs, horseradish, mayo, cayenne pepper,  shot of of lemon juice, and some green onions chopped fine.  Otherwise, don't give it to me....

@Nonametoday 

I made mine exactly like yours except for the cayenne.  Our boys loved it.

@ECBG 

I don't put a lot of cayenne, otherwise, it would change the taste.  I put just enough to give it that peppery taste because I don't use black pepper and with use of the cayenne, I use less and it is not really even visible.

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

The key is using tuna from italy packed in oil.  So flavorful!

@Citrine1 Yes!

Honored Contributor

@mizree wrote:

@Chopsmom add Old Bay.  i find that tuna salad taste better the following day so maybe that's the difference you experience.  I use chunk light tuna.  it is supposed to have lower levels of mercury.

@mizree 

Never heard of this spice .... what else do you use it for?