Honored Contributor

Hello everyone, this is my first post on the recipe forum.  I just made Trisha Yearwood's easy peach cobbler recipe for the first time.  It is so easy that you will not believe how good it is.  You can google it.  It is amazing.  I love watching her videos especially if her sister is with her.  I am a new fan.

Honored Contributor

Welcome to Recipe Swap yellow919!  We exchange a lot of good information here so join in when you can.  Occasionally, I see Trisha Yearwood's show and enjoy watching it. I think I saw the program when she fixed the peach cobbler...looked good so glad you mentioned it.  I may have copied the recipe to fix when those summer peaches arrive....better look for it and fix!

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine 919

Welcome to the Recipe forum!   Glad to hear you enjoyed Trisha's recipe.  She prepares meals much like my Mother did while growing up.  Thank you for the review of her peach cobbler especially now that peaches are ripe in our area!   Hope to see you contribute some of your recipes here as well!

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@sunshine 919

Welcome to the Recipe forum!   Glad to hear you enjoyed Trisha's recipe.  She prepares meals much like my Mother did while growing up.  Thank you for the review of her peach cobbler especially now that peaches are ripe in our area!   Hope to see you contribute some of your recipes here as well!

Thank you ladies, I appreciate your kind words.  This is a nice forum.  Have a nice evening everyone.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I made her crock pot mac and cheese a few years ago.  My husband says it was the best he's ever had.  I stopped watching her show because it seemed she often had someone alongside her who didn't know how to cook.  That format bores me, but I did like when she cooked with her sister. They are two very lovely ladies.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I enjoy watching Trisha cook, and have made many of her recipes.   I prefer the episodes where she cooks alone, or with Beth, as their humor and laughter keeps me interested in watching, since they slice, chop and stir so slowly it gets on my nerves.   

Respected Contributor

Re: Trisha Yearwood

[ Edited ]

I have seen several of Trisha Yearwood's  "traditional Southern" recipes in magazines and perhaps elsewhere.  She makes basic  summertime foods the same way I do, my mother did, and probably her mother did.......very simply. 

Her recipes for deviled eggs, potato salad and cole slaw are "perfect" in my eyes.  LOL!!  

She doesn't veer off toward fancy or currently fashionable flavorings and ingredients.

Honored Contributor

I love her show, gentle and easy on the ears and eyes and terrific recipes.  One of my all time favorites was a rice casserole that had pork chops and onions baked on top that I was so very nervous about making as I am not the best cook but it came out perfectly!  I love watching her and Garth, long may they love . . . Heart

Trusted Contributor

I know this has nothing to do with recipes, but the last poster made a comment on Trisha and Garth. We just went to see them in concert. We have not been to a concert in forever. This one was so worth it. They seem like very nice and decent people. He is always going out in the crowd and doing special things and giving away his guitars. I know he can afford it, but I still think it's sweet.

That concert was just amazing.

Trusted Contributor

I just saw it reported on the news (this weekend???) that Garth gave a trip to Hawaii to a couple in the audience whom he saw had just become engaged. That was awfully kind and giving of him.