Honored Contributor

@Catty2 ...I have read that here before.  Although tilapia is not my #1 fish to fix, I do like it occasionally.  I buy my fish from a good fish store.  I think it is farm-raised but not from Asia.  Something to be aware of though when buying. 

Regular Contributor

Kroger in the Mexican food area which is a small area. Kroger has a Organic Fajita dry seasoning $1 . I added onions , bell peppers and some wine and baked my Talapia , chicken or carne asada  . I enjoyed the results . 

Respected Contributor

I love to use Tajin seasoning,  butter and fresh lemon or lime on fish. Mmmm 

Honored Contributor

Re: Tried baked fish

[ Edited ]

I do a lot of baked fish, and my go to is lemon pepper along with salt.  Some lemon pepper seasoning has salt and some doesn't.

I just checked Amazon and they have a couple hundred choices for Paul Prudhomme.  If you have Prime you can go crazy trying new stuff.  

Respected Contributor

Marshall's and TJ Maxx have a gourmet section with lots of interesting items, spices, food items, oils, and other stuff.  Not expensive in case you don't care for the item you bought.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

We love any spice from this company.  Go to your spice area and look for fish spices.

I would also call the restaurant and ask to speak to the chef unless you spoke to your waiter which I would have done.

Chef Paul Prudhomme's Magic Salt Free Seasoning All Purpose Blend 5 Oz

Ask the Chef for sure. I have a wonderful salad dressing recipe frpm the Outer Banks, NC, I ask the waitress to ask the chef, he was putting out a cookbook in 2 weeks, so got the phone number, called back and bought the book, that was years ago, and I'm still useing it today. I always ask, and have never been turned down, they are usually happy to tell you.

Trusted Contributor

I love fish but will not eat any farm raised fish! There is a reason that talipa is so inexpensive. Yuck! Give me some wild caught salmon any day!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@arrabella wrote:

I love fish but will not eat any farm raised fish! There is a reason that talipa is so inexpensive. Yuck! Give me some wild caught salmon any day!

I don't eat tilapia anymore because of the blood line in it but would eat that over salmon, any kind of salmon, any day.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Couldn't find Old Bay seafood seasoning on any grocery store shelf for a while, so I reverted to an old favorite and now like it more than ever for any mild fish that needs some kick......Paul Prudhomme Seafood Magic.  Also put a little butter on the fish.Chef Paul Seafood Magic 2.0 OZ (Pack of 2)

Trusted Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@arrabella wrote:

I don't eat tilapia anymore because of the blood line in it but would eat that over salmon, any kind of salmon, any day.

Isn't it great that we all have a choice in what we eat!