Valued Contributor

Tried a new potato recipe last nigh and it was YUMMMMY!

I printed off a recipe a few weeks ago and not sure if it was from here or another board.

It called for 6 T melted butter and 3 T shredded parmesan. Then 8 halved red potaoes placed cut side down in 9 x 13 pan and baked in 400 degree oven for 40-45 min, I will be making those again. Lots of flavor!!

cookin

I did 4 T butter and 2 T parmesan and 5 potatoes in 8 x 8 pan since it is only me. So glad I have leftovers!

Super Contributor

Re: Tried a new potato recipe last nigh and it was YUMMMMY!

Yum !  I love potatoes......did you ever try cubed red potatoes tossed with a little olive oil and onion soup mix ?  Really good.

Valued Contributor

@withaK

I have tried those. They are so good. Sometimes I put in diced bacon also when I do those. I don't think I have ever had a potato I didn't like

cookin

Valued Contributor

Did you use fresh shredded in round plastic container or Kraft shredded in oblong container?

Valued Contributor

@coconut1818If you mean what kind of parm did I use, it was just the grated stuff in the green container

cookin

Esteemed Contributor

Another good potato recipe

10 MINUTE PAN ROASTED LEMON POTATOES

Ingredients

• 1 lb. baby red or yellow potatoes
  • 3 to 4 tbsp. butter
  • 1 lemon, juice of
  • 2 tsp fresh snipped dill (optional)
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions

1. Place the whole potatoes in a shallow, microwave safe glass bowl in a single layer (you may need to do two batches if they don't all fit). Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, making sure to the potatoes are not touching the plastic wrap.
  2. Microwave on high for 4 minutes and 30 seconds. Be careful when removing from microwave, as the dish will be very hot. Uncover and slice each potato in half.
  3. Meanwhile heat a large skillet over medium heat. When the skillet is hot toss in the potatoes, 3 tbsp of butter and 1/2 of the lemon juice, stir to coat the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Let the potatoes caramelize in the pan, by stirring just twice per minute, until they are golden brown on all sides. Add more butter and more lemon juice if desired. Enjoy!

I cut the potatoes in half and caramelize the cut side first.

Valued Contributor

@cookinfreakThank you!  Will have to try them soon.

Valued Contributor

i will make themfor supper sounds so good   thanks