Honored Contributor

Traeger Grill Recipe - SALT CRUSTED BAKED POTATOES

Salty and crisp on the outside, warm and creamy on the inside. Finish these potatoes with a dollop of butter and your toppings of choice

Screenshot_2021-04-18-13-19-20.png

• 3 russet potatoes, scrubbed and dried

• 1 1/2 Tablespoon canola oil

• 1/2 Tablespoon kosher salt

• butter

• sour cream

• Chives, fresh

• Bacon Bits

• cheddar cheese

In a large bowl, coat the potatoes in canola oil and sprinkle heavily with salt.

When ready to cook, set Traeger temperature to 450℉ and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
    Grill: 450 ˚F

Place the potatoes directly on the grill grate and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until soft in the middle when pricked with a fork. Serve loaded with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Traeger Grill Recipe - SALT CRUSTED BAKED POTATOES

I already made those and they are delicious.

The best potato recipe is also on Traeger, cut the potatoes in slices but not through so you still have the potato intact, use a wooden spoon along side the potato to achieve this while cutting.

Uses cream, cheese, garlic and not sure what else but the recipe is there.

Oh my, those are truly the best potatoes you can make on a grill.

Maybe somebody can look it up and post.

I love this grill and somebody else must love it too, it was almost stolen right on the patio but foruntely it's chained and the ring is cemented in.  Couldn't go too far and yes, they were on RING but forgot to smile for the camera.

Respected Contributor

We have done those on a Rec Tec  and yep they are fabulous...yumo.  But I go overboard on the butter. More like half a stick on mine...

Honored Contributor

My brother has a Traeger grill--he loves it and uses it all the time---I do the same thing with spuds only in my airfryer---truly the best baked spuds ever--I LOVE the crispy skin---now never had them from the traeger but know they would be fantastic.

Honored Contributor

That's how I always make my baked potatoes, but in my oven.  They are delicious.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's how I do all oven-baked potatoes, too.

Wash and let them dry, rub  with a little oil, coat with coarse salt and let them sit for a long time, even before putting in oven.  Same with baked sweet potatoes.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I already made those and they are delicious.

The best potato recipe is also on Traeger, cut the potatoes in slices but not through so you still have the potato intact, use a wooden spoon along side the potato to achieve this while cutting.

Uses cream, cheese, garlic and not sure what else but the recipe is there.

Oh my, those are truly the best potatoes you can make on a grill.

Maybe somebody can look it up and post.

I love this grill and somebody else must love it too, it was almost stolen right on the patio but foruntely it's chained and the ring is cemented in.  Couldn't go too far and yes, they were on RING but forgot to smile for the camera.

@Just Bling  - I tried to find your recipe on the Traeger website, but didn't find it. There are alot of recipes posted on that site , so I've bookmarked it to go back and pull more recipes to post when I have more time. 

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and feedback - much appreciated! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl these are usually called hasselback potatoes. Maybe they're called that on that site?

Honored Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:

@Chi-town girl these are usually called hasselback potatoes. Maybe they're called that on that site?

Thank you @Renata22- I found a couple of recipes but they don't have cream cheese. I will post my finds

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Renata22 wrote:

Thank you @Renata22- I found a couple of recipes but they don't have cream cheese. I will post my finds

We'll find it for you but I wrote cream (comma) cheese (comma) there isn't any cream cheese.