Honored Contributor

Traeger Grill Recipe - GRILLED HALIBUT FILLETS WITH LEMON AND BUTTER SAUCE

LOVE Halibut Heart  I will make the sauce on stovetop and will directly grill the halibut + asparagus - the sauce will aldo  be good for grilled veggies!!!

Screenshot_2021-04-18-13-24-16.png

• 1 Cup white wine

• 1/2 Cup water

• 1/4 Cup finely chopped shallots

• 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar

• 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground white pepper

• 1/2 Teaspoon salt

• 2 Tablespoon heavy cream

• 2 Stick unsalted sweet cream butter

• 1/2 lemon, juiced

• salt and pepper

• 1/4 Cup olive oil

To make the sauce, place wine, water, shallots, vinegar, salt and pepper in a sauce pan over medium to high heat. Bring to a boil to reduce it by about 1/3 cup.

Once reduced, transfer to a food processor bowl to purée, then transfer back to the sauce pan and add the cream.

When ready to cook, set Traeger temperature to 375°F and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
Grill: 375 ˚

Turn the heat to low, and add butter little by little, slowly whisking with a wire whisk after each addition (this should take about 3 to 4 minutes to add all the butter). Beat steadily, the sauce should never boil.

Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm until ready to serve.

Add olive oil to Dutch oven and place directly on the grill grate to pre-heat.

Season halibut with salt and pepper and place inside the hot Dutch oven.

Cook approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side, until internal temperature reaches 130°F and fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
Grill: 375 ˚F

Probe: 130 ˚F

Serve halibut with butter sauce over. Enjoy!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Re: Traeger Grill Recipe - GRILLED HALIBUT FILLETS WITH LEMON AND BUTTER SAUCE

@Chi-town girl wrote:

LOVE Halibut Heart  I will make the sauce on stovetop and will directly grill the halibut + asparagus - the sauce will aldo  be good for grilled veggies!!!

Screenshot_2021-04-18-13-24-16.png

• 1 Cup white wine

• 1/2 Cup water

• 1/4 Cup finely chopped shallots

• 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar

• 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground white pepper

• 1/2 Teaspoon salt

• 2 Tablespoon heavy cream

• 2 Stick unsalted sweet cream butter

• 1/2 lemon, juiced

• salt and pepper

• 1/4 Cup olive oil

To make the sauce, place wine, water, shallots, vinegar, salt and pepper in a sauce pan over medium to high heat. Bring to a boil to reduce it by about 1/3 cup.

Once reduced, transfer to a food processor bowl to purée, then transfer back to the sauce pan and add the cream.

When ready to cook, set Traeger temperature to 375°F and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
Grill: 375 ˚

Turn the heat to low, and add butter little by little, slowly whisking with a wire whisk after each addition (this should take about 3 to 4 minutes to add all the butter). Beat steadily, the sauce should never boil.

Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm until ready to serve.

Add olive oil to Dutch oven and place directly on the grill grate to pre-heat.

Season halibut with salt and pepper and place inside the hot Dutch oven.

Cook approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side, until internal temperature reaches 130°F and fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
Grill: 375 ˚F

Probe: 130 ˚F

Serve halibut with butter sauce over. Enjoy!

@Chi-town girl 

Looks great but .....  and maybe I need more coffee but ..... this recipe calls for two sticks of butter?    

Respected Contributor

I wonder if the 2 stick reference is  a typo and it really should say  1/2 stick of butter. (??)

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 @Tinkrbl44  - I copied the recipe from the Traeger website.  I will make the sauce with 1/2 or 1 stick of butter based on how it tastes while I'm making it. That's why I like cooking vs baking - more accommodation for tweaks

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri