Respected Contributor

I am not fully comfortable re-posting recipes; however, it's been 4 or 5 years since I passed along this one, and Carol1229 originated it back in 2013.  

I just thoroughly enjoyed this for dinner tonight.  The only change I made was to have a slice of garlic bread instead of the croutons. 

In spite of the wine varietals I recommend at the bottom of the page, at this typing, I'm savoring the end of a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon.  It paired well, IMHO.  (But, then, I generally favor red over white.)

Tortellini Caesar Salad
(Source: slightly adapted from Quick Cooking)
Recipe Swap | Carol1229 on June 4, 2013

Comments and Note are Carol’s.

1 (9-14 oz.) pkg. frozen cheese tortellini 
½ cup mayonnaise (I use low fat mayonnaise)
1/4 cup milk (I use low fat milk)
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (or you can use the shredded Parmesan in the bag found in the dairy case-don't use the one in the can though-it's way too dry and salty)
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
8 cups torn Romaine lettuce*
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese**
1 cup seasoned croutons

Halved grape or cherry tomatoes (optional-I use regular cut-up tomatoes when I don't have grape or cherry tomatoes-like in the salad in the picture)

Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water.

For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, 1/4 cup Parmesan, lemon juice, garlic and pepper.

Place tortellini in a large salad bowl. Add Romaine lettuce and 1/3 cups Parmesan cheese.

Just before serving, drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Top with croutons and tomatoes, if desired. 10 servings.

*You can mix different kinds of lettuce if you choose. I usually serve the dressing on the side when we have it here at home so that we can enjoy the salad for a few days without it getting soggy.

**I sprinkle on the cheese as I serve it....I find it easier to control that way.

NOTE: Add some cooked sliced or cubed chicken to this and you've got yourself a main dish salad...great during the summer on those I don't want to heat up the kitchen nights.

Mrs. G’s Note :  Wine: Sauvignon Blanc; non-oaky Chardonnay or a Pinot Grigio
Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

wThanks for sharing. It looks delicious. Will try it soon.

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG    I sent this to my sister and we're both going to make it.  We're always looking for good salad recipes that aren't a lot of work.  Thanks! 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor
Sounds like a keeper
I also enjoy your wine pairing suggestions
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   Another recipe from the past is BLT Salad with Basil Mayo Dressing.  I'll repost it if you think you'd be interested.  (I'd share the link, but it's my understanding old posts shouldn't be revived.)

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG   BLT sounds yummy, please post. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment