Valued Contributor

Tomato Basil & Feta Green Beans

This Roasted Garlic Green Bean Salad is filled with fresh beans, ripe tomatoes and feta cheese, combined with a light garlic and lemon dressing!

Tomato, Basil & Feta Green Beans

This delicious recipe utilizes all the goodies in my garden. It's quick and easy and goes wonderfully with grilled meats.

1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
Dash of salt
Dash of pepper

Dressing:
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Dash of pepper

Topping:
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
3 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
2-3 leaves of basil chopped

Preheat oven to 400F.

Spread green beans on a large baking tray in an even layer. Drizzle olive oil over top and sprinkle with minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Lightly toss to coat. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until tender, but still slightly crisp.

As green beans are roasting, prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, zest, minced garlic and black pepper. Pour over green beans and top with cherry tomatoes, basil and feta. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Respected Contributor

Re: Tomato Basil & Feta Green Beans

[ Edited ]

Thanks for posting this recipe to inform others because it is really tasty.

Everyone loves delicious recipes, and this one is one of our favorites, but being Greek American I also always add fresh green beans which I have growing along a high fence.

I also grow my own herbs and to this recipe I always add fresh mint, basil, garlic, and onions, since fresh from the garden tastes the best.

As for the Feta, I only use Greek Feta imported from Greece. 

This type of dish is served in Greece as well, along with plenty fresh seafood and lamb.

Valued Contributor

Hi Adore! Yes, everything from the garden always tastes better. I'm actually making these again tonight to go along with some grilled chicken. Please know that I'm a big fan of Greek food and I always enjoy your recipes/stories.

LoLa
Respected Contributor

Thank you for your kind reply Lola, and I also enjoy your recipes tooSmiley Happy.

Enjoy your dinner tonight......Grilled chicken with the Tomato Basil & Feta Green Beans is delicious!

Honored Contributor

Thank you, LoLa! This sounds very good. I have copied it and look forward to trying it.
Honored Contributor

This looks so fresh & delicious. The bunnies ate most of my bean plants but hopefully there will be beans at the Farmers Market.

Perfect meal in this hot, humid weather.

Thanks LoLa!!!

BTW: the bunnies are so cute I can't stay mad at them!