Respected Contributor

Just when I think I've seen it all; bought these at Trader Joe's!  I have never seen these however I have discovered TJ is becoming my favorite place to shop.  Any suggestions on how these could be implemented into recipes?  

C992B730-969C-46F3-8C5F-F21AACFB2A6E.jpeg

AF557E53-EA40-4626-A655-C80EB18BE9C8.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop  These suggestions are from an email that I received about the Mutti canned cherry tomatoes, but should work for you:

Empty a can into a baking pan and add a few smashed and peeled garlic cloves, a few herb sprigs, and finish with some roast chicken or fish on top for an easy, satisfying dinner! For a vegetarian version, stir in a can or two of drained and rinsed chickpeas or white beans instead.
Use a can in place of crushed tomatoes in your favorite pantry pasta to lend texture and sweetness.
Drain the tomatoes and stir them into a creamy risotto or bake them inside a savory galette.
You can even enjoy them straight from the can! Drain and lightly rinse the tomatoes, then pile them on thick toast with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar for a winter bruschetta. You can also pair them with fresh mozzarella and herbs for a winter take on Caprese salad.
The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@BornToShop   I cut them in half and sautee them in olive oil and Italian  seasoning then mix in cooked angel hair pasta.  Sprinkle with fresh grated parmesean.  I have also added cooked shrimp, mushrooms, asparagus or cut up cooked chicken.

Honored Contributor

They call them "grape" tomatoes around here.....been buying them for years........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

They make wonderful take along snacks too.  

Respected Contributor

Use them to make a nice variation on capprezzi salad: 

Put the grape tomatoes in a bowl with drained "grape" mozzarella balls (available at most supermarkets).

Add chopped fresh basil leaves.

Drizzle with good EVOO and balsamic vinegar.

Toss lightly to combine and serve as a salad.

You can also seve them as mini kabobs on a buffet. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Tiny Tomatoes!

[ Edited ]

I use these little tomatoes in a recipe I made up with brussels sprouts (so if you're not a fan pass). Wash sprouts and cut inhalf. Steam around 10-15 minutes then add the little tomatoes for the last 5 minutes. Put in a big bowl with butter and Kikkoman  Chili Ponzu sauce (hard to find but Amazon has it). Toss gently then add a sprinkle of Trader Joe's "everything but the bagel" on top and yum! I could eat this every day.The little tomatoes just explode with flavor. Looks real pretty too. People who don't usually like brussels sprouts like this.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

They call them "grape" tomatoes around here.....been buying them for years........

@Desertdi at first I thought that's what they were but they look a lot smaller than the grape tomatoes we can buy.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi at first I thought that's what they were but they look a lot smaller than the grape tomatoes we can buy.

@CelticCrafter    Ummmm.....dunno.    Just came back from Target, and they had them......about the size of a thumbnail.   They WERE listed as grape tomatoes....$2.99 a basket.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

These are always on my grocery list for teacher daughters "classroom pets", the 3 guinea pigs that have been here in my house for the last 18 months.