Honored Contributor

I saw a presentation yesterday on three QVC tiny grills.  One has a flat griddle, one a waffle grill, and the third has a III grill.  5" in diameter.

They are cute and showed some examples but not a lot.

Does anyone have these?  I'm wondering what ideas others have come up with.

See the grills:

http://www.qvc.com/Yes-Chef%21-Set-of-3-Grill%2C-Griddle-%26-Waffle-Mini-Makers.product.K45659.html

Respected Contributor

Hi @Noel7! I love tiny things too...I didn't look at these. They sound like a great idea for a dorm, or if you live alone, but for versatility, I love my Cuisinart Griddler. It comes with a smooth surface griddle plate, waffle plates, and I guess you would call it a grill plate that you can cook burgers and steaks on. It's versatile in that you could make eggs or pancakes on one side while grilling a meat on the other.

Cleanup is a snap: the plates are dishwasher safe, but I usually clean mine by hand.

The men in my family are the pyrotechnics when it comes to the gas grill: I'm afraid of it-not to mention, when it's sweltering, do you really want to be out in the heat parked next to a hot grill? 

You and I seem to have the same taste: we love our salads, and I certainly enjoy my Griddler for making small amounts of grilled chicken or tofu-I love it for vegetables.

Maybe one of the George Foreman grills offers more, but I love my Griddler!

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Oh, if you love tiny miniature things, be sure to check out Bistro Miniature on YouTube: it's amazing! I don't think I have the fine motor dexterity that this enthusiast does, but can you imagine making a croissant that's 5mms?!!! 

Enjoy!

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

Oh goodness @Poodlepet2 what have you done to me? . . . I am mesmerized by that YouTube site, I LOVE it! . . . thanks for the heads up!

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe, I discovered that site a few months ago: she's amazing! Did you see her fry chicken?

Just imagine: we could have a couple of servings of fried chicken, pot roast-4 dozen croissants, a couple of carrot cakes all at one sitting!

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 I am going to go look for that one right now . . . the last one I watched was when they were frying up those tiny little donuts . . . LOVE!

Respected Contributor

@Mac, II could talk about this all day: I didn't see the doughnuts! I am intrigued by all of the tiny tools-especially the knives! Of course, it would be way larger than what she uses, but it makes me want to buy an Easy Bake Oven!

The tiny plates and cups are amazing too. When I was a child, I had a set of Flow-Blue tea cups, but they weren't that small!

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

Hi @Noel7! I love tiny things too...I didn't look at these. They sound like a great idea for a dorm, or if you live alone, but for versatility, I love my Cuisinart Griddler. It comes with a smooth surface griddle plate, waffle plates, and I guess you would call it a grill plate that you can cook burgers and steaks on. It's versatile in that you could make eggs or pancakes on one side while grilling a meat on the other.

Cleanup is a snap: the plates are dishwasher safe, but I usually clean mine by hand.

The men in my family are the pyrotechnics when it comes to the gas grill: I'm afraid of it-not to mention, when it's sweltering, do you really want to be out in the heat parked next to a hot grill? 

You and I seem to have the same taste: we love our salads, and I certainly enjoy my Griddler for making small amounts of grilled chicken or tofu-I love it for vegetables.

Maybe one of the George Foreman grills offers more, but I love my Griddler!

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Hi @Poodlepet2 !

We do love our salads!  I'm hoping to try a new one this weekend which is a quinoa base with added Mediterranean flavors.  I'll let you know how it comes out.

I did another Mediterranean one, a potato salad that was delicious, everyone wanted more.  I'll post the recipe when I can.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The three grills for $29 came yesterday and they are so cute!  An instruction/recipe booklet for each different one.

We just had a small brunch, sausages, my favorite Seattle Dark Roast coffee, and, FROM THE SMALL WAFFLE GRILL, a waffle of hash browns topped with grated cheddar.  Delicious!

Just used a little Pam on the waffle plates, topped with frozen hash browns, let cook and added grated cheddar at the last minute to cook for less than a minute.

Loved it!

Honored Contributor

My daughter came up with a recipe for her dad, which he loves!

Made on the fold-over griddle, she made stuffed pizza biscuits, Annies Organic.

She pulled them in half and stretched them out, topping with pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella and slices of pepperoni.  Formed the biscuit pocket top and bottom together, rolling the edges so nothing escaped, and put the mini pizza between the griddle plates.  DH loving it as I type.