New Contributor

Tina Verrelli Yeast Biscuits

I'm not on Facebook and that seems to be the only place Tina posts her yeast buscuit recipe; if anyone has it, do you mind posting it.  I don't know why QVC doesn't put her recipes on their site for those of us who don't use Facebook.  Thanks everyone!

Honored Contributor

Re: Tina Verrelli Yeast Biscuits

@Teddies Mom,

All you have to do is do a Google search on Tina Verrelli, click on her public FB page, and you have full access to what recipes she has posted there.    

Honored Contributor

Years ago there was a popular recipe that circulated for a yeast biscuit called the "Angel Biscuit".  As I recall, the dough could be kept in the refrigerator for an extended period.  You might check that out.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Are you talking about her yeast rolls? She has her recipes posted at https://www.epicuricloud.com/

or https://www.epicuricloud.com/qvc-recipe-index/qvc-demo-recipes-breads-rolls-biscuits/

I don't see a yeast biscuit recipe but she has a yeast roll recipe.

Fluffy Yeast Dinner Rolls
These fluffy, light yeast rolls that come together quickly! You can mix these by hand, with a hand or stand mixer, or you can knead in a food processor with a dough blade. Make sure you have plenty of butter on hand to slather them with!

Prep Time10 minutes
 Cook Time20 minutes to bake
 Passive Time2 hours rising time
 Servings
12 rolls

• 2 cups flour all-purpose
  • 1 envelope instant/rapid rise yeast 1/4 oz. or 2 1/4 teaspoons
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt I use coarse kosher
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons butter I used salted
  • 2 tablespoons oil for greasing bowl & pan
  • 1 large egg for egg wash - optional
  • 2 teaspoons water for egg wash - optional
To Mix & Knead by Hand, Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer Fitted with Dough Hook(s)
  1. Combine the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in bowl, stir to mix.
  2. In microwave-safe measuring cup or in saucepan warm milk, water and butter to 110 degrees F.
  3. Add warmed milk mixture to flour mixture in bowl and mix on low speed (2 on stand mixer.) Knead until smooth and elastic (2-5 minutes). If mixture is very wet and sticky, add another tablespoon or 2 of flour - use as little as possible.
To Mix & Knead in Food Processor
  1. Fit dough blade into the bowl of food processor. Combine the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in bowl, pulse to mix.
  2. In microwave-safe measuring cup or in saucepan warm milk, water and butter to 110 degrees F.
  3. With food processor running on high, pour warmed milk mixture in through the feed tube of food processor. (Pour in a steady stream, should take less than 10 seconds to pour in.) You may need to stop and scrape the mixture down from the sides of the bowl. Pulsing sometimes is helpful to pull the mixture together. Once it forms a ball, allow it to roll around in the food processor a few times to knead the dough. If the dough seems way too wet or way too dry, you can add a tablespoon or two of flour or a teaspoon or two of water during the process.
First Rise of Dough:
  1. Use some of the oil to grease the inside of a bowl. Place your ball of dough into the oil, then turn it so the oiled side is upwards (this helps the dough from drying out.) Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, waxed paper or a clean kitchen towel and place in a warm spot (80 degrees or so) to rise. (Sometimes at this point I'll snap a quick picture of the dough on my phone to help determine later when it has risen and doubled in size)
  2. Once it's doubled in size (check your photo if you took one) and you can push a finger into the dough, pull out the finger and if the indentation remains, it's risen enough. Can take 20 minutes to an hour depending upon how warm your room is.
  3. Use some of the oil to lightly grease an 8-inch round or square pan.
  4. Gently press down the dough to release the air that made it rise. Divide the dough into 12 portions. I usually take a knife and gently cut the dough right in the bowl into 4 wedges, then I cut those wedges into 3 smaller wedges to get 12 portions. If easier, you can do this on a cutting board. Form each piece into a rounded ball and arrange in the prepared pan. Leave a little space between them.
Second Rise of Dough:
  1. Make Ahead? At this point, if you want to bake them off later, you can cover them in the pan and place in the refrigerator for a few hours. They will take a little longer to rise when taking out of the refrigerator as they will be much colder.) I usually account for an extra 30 minutes or rise time.
  2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Oven rack should be in lower-middle position.
  3. (Take a photo if you want a reference for when they've doubled in size.) Cover with plastic wrap, waxed paper or a clean kitchen towel and place in a warm spot until doubled in size, warm and puffy.
Bake:
  1. When ready to bake, remove any coverings from pan. If brushing with egg wash, whisk together the egg and 2 teaspoons water and lightly brush over the risen rolls. (You won't use all the egg wash.)
  2. Place in oven and bake for about 20 minutes (rotate pan half-way through) or until golden brown. You can check for doneness by taking the temperature of a roll toward the center of the pan, insert an instant read thermometer from the edge of a roll into the center. It should read at least 190 degrees F.

Honored Contributor

@Teddies Mom.  @RedTop  Is correct. They all, hosts and vendors have public pages. I don’t know why QVC doesn’t put up a notice or banner stating this.