Honored Contributor

Re: TikTok-Inspired Baked Feta Pasta

I would like to try this recipe BUT my son will not touch/eat tomatoes. He will eat a bit of tomato sauce. Do you think this recipe would work with tomato sauce? 

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Bridgegal ..............What do you think made it gritty?  I would like to try it but I dont want gritty.

I really don't know.  It was like all of the feta just turned into tiny tiny pieces of grit, instead of melting into a smooth creamy consistency.   That might not happen making the pasta version.  Maybe the chicken did something??

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Bridgegal ..............What do you think made it gritty?  I would like to try it but I dont want gritty.

I really don't know.  It was like all of the feta just turned into tiny tiny pieces of grit, instead of melting into a smooth creamy consistency.   That might not happen making the pasta version.  Maybe the chicken did something??

Per the Tips I posted, there is a difference using cow vs sheep feta that will result in a differemt texture for this recipe

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Regular Contributor

@Chi-town girl - Thank you SO MUCH for posting this recipe!  It was absolutely to die for and I found myself literally licking the pot when I went to wash it after dinner!  I threw in some fresh spinach, which made the dish even more delicious.  Your tip for using sheep's milk feta was spot on.  It melted beautifully and made the dish so creamy and velvety.  

Cannot wait to make again!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

My neighbor made this the other day and shared it with us, it was delicious. 

Honored Contributor

@joviolin wrote:

@Chi-town girl - Thank you SO MUCH for posting this recipe!  It was absolutely to die for and I found myself literally licking the pot when I went to wash it after dinner!  I threw in some fresh spinach, which made the dish even more delicious.  Your tip for using sheep's milk feta was spot on.  It melted beautifully and made the dish so creamy and velvety.  

Cannot wait to make again!!!!

@joviolin - you're welcome. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for your tips!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri