Ties that Bind Banana bread

[ Edited ]

I’ve gotten some great recipes here

eta I’m making it today

Honored Contributor

Re: Ties that Bind Banana bread

[ Edited ]

Here's the recipe.  

This is a recipe that some of the longtime posters will recognize. And here are 6 ripe bananas! It was one developed by a beloved poster, "Ties" for a contest, and she won! I swear by its 'deliciousness'.

Ties’ Sour Cream Banana Bread

1/4 c white sugar
1 t ground cinnamon
3/4 c butter
3 c white sugar
3 eggs
6 very ripe bananas, mashed
16 oz container sour cream
2 t vanilla extract
2 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t salt
3 t baking soda
4 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 c chopped walnuts, opt

Preheat oven to 300 deg F.

Grease four 7 x 3 inch loaf pans.

In a small bowl, stir together white sugar and cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.

In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in nuts. Divide into prepared pans.

Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz 

I remember Ties that Bind!  LOL! she went thru so many loaves of banana bread to perfect her recipe.   I thought I had saved her winning recipe but can't seem to find it; thank you for reposting as I never did get to make it.  Wish she still posted as I do many others who no longer post now.  

Trusted Contributor

Thanks nightowl

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@Nightowlz 

I remember Ties that Bind!  LOL! she went thru so many loaves of banana bread to perfect her recipe.   I thought I had saved her winning recipe but can't seem to find it; thank you for reposting as I never did get to make it.  Wish she still posted as I do many others who no longer post now.  

@mustang66lady 

I have never tried it either. I have been making a recipe I found online that you can make bread or muffins with it. It only makes 1 loaf. It's really good. I like to sprinkle turbinado sugar on top to give it some crunch.

I know there a lot of people no longer posting. I would like Carol 1229 or Hyeit54 to come back with their recipes. Yum!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz 

I sadly do not remember Hyeit54 but very well remember Carol 1229-I have seen her pop in quietly once in a very great while but not like she used to.  Her Christmas cookie trays were unbeliveably beautiful.  How fortunate you must be to receive one of those from her during the holidays!   I bake her Italian cookie recipe often- well at least when I have a need to bake cookies!  Just DH and I now and can't have that much temptation lying around!     

Respected Contributor

Sounds delish.  As soon as I can get to the grocery store to get bananas,I'm going to make.

Contributor

@Nightowlz 

I wish they'd come back, too.  Ties' Banana Bread is great, but I rarely have bananas anymore.  I really miss Carol1229 and her recipes.  For some reason, I thought Hyeit54 had to change her name during one of the infamous updates by QVC.  I have so many of the old recipes, but have problems with my computer when I access them. It breaks my heart to be so close, yet so far.  I usually have to get our computer checked out once a year in the Fall, and I'm going to make it a priority to have all those recipes put on a memory stick so they're not lost forever.

Even though many people have gone, I really appreciate the people who take the time now to share recipes.  I am a lurker who enjoys being in the background.  I love all the recipes, tips, and tricks that I have learned from all of you.  Thank you for all the great information and the entertainment.  

Take care and stay safe and healthy!  

Gr8Auntie

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Susie A is another poster that used to post excellent recipes.  Her recipes rank right up there with the ones from Ties that Bind and Carol1229 in my opinion.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz 

This recipe is so good that you struggle to share it! I remember when she posted it and we went back and forth. She had a lot of great recipes. I even added some semi sweet chocolate mini chips to it before. 

This is a fond memory.

doxie