Honored Contributor

Hi there, kittyfan....had to chuckle at your comment about workers at the Thrift Store.....that "type" is everywhere!  It never ceases to amaze me either.....kind of "check the box...I was there" type individuals.  Makes me wonder why people show up....ha.  Keep up the good work!

B .... Bacon

NEXT ... C

Respected Contributor

Hello .... funeral turned out nice (as much as it could!) and we had sunshine and dry weather ... he is being buried in a military cemetary on Monday, about 3 hours away ... the half way mark between family (they had his/hers/our kids)

kittyfan, it seems that some people do not want to go above and beyond what is required of them ... it is all about them .... thank goodness you are there to pick up their slack ... (even though you shouldn't have to ...)

Hope everyone is having a good afternoon ...

C ~ Chili

D ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor
Darn boards. Another day down. Shaking my head over some volunteers. Worked really hard today

My late DH was retired military I buried him in a military Cemetary. Something serene about visiting there. Sadly a young man buried was from current conflict I saw his family gathered one Memorial Day. I can hardly look At the pictures of the fallen on the memorials

D: dates

E: nrxt
Honored Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone....

Tootie, nice to hear that things went well today.  So glad the sun was shining.....that sure helps a day of sadness!  Nice that he can be buried in a Military cemetery.  Kittyfan is right...something so serene about those cemeteries.  Rest in Peace to our Veterans!

Hang in there, kittyfan, with the do-nothings!  Many people benefit from your hard work.

Went to dentist.....as my luck would have it....hygienist  found a filling that looks like it needs replacing.  Dentist was not in so will have to review X-ray tomorrow.  Then I will get the call to come back.....joy, joy!  

All for today.......getting late so I will turn out lights.  Coffee pot is clean and ready for tomorrow!  See you then.

E ..... Egg Carton

NEXT .... F

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning ~  Nice that everything worked out well Tootie.  Family sounds like they cared a lot to agree on the location.  I agree with kittyfan and walker, very serene at the military cemeteries.  I too give many thanks for their service

kittyfan, you are a saint.  Those ladies want the gold star, but not the work to get one!  

walker, I certainly hope this dentist thing isn't contagious or you are in for some big thrills.  Not. 

Dragged my sorry self into the kitchen, worked my fingers to the bone and made dinner, when SIL told me he was meeting DD for dinner. Bombs off. They will eat it warmed up tonight - maybe. DD has a painting class at one of the local restaurants tonight where they all get together for drinks, food and painting.  Can't wait to see the results!!!!

Another warm pretty day here.  It is already 68

Passing the coffee ~

F =  Funnel cakes

G is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends .... sunny skies but cold today ... 21 now and only going up to 28!!

ugh walker, the dreaded "that old filling has to be replaced" ... shouldn't they put permanent filling in?? Woman LOL

cookie, so that's the loud sounds and noises I heard yesterday .... looks like maybe when it's your turn to cook next, you're off the hook ... the meal is already fixed!! LOL

Have a good day .... pouring and passing ...

G ~ Grapefruit Juice

H ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!

Chilly day here today too....30's.  Rain moving in later in week and for weekend.....great, just when we have to dog-sit...wet dog...ugh.

Cookie, I would have blown a fuse too if I fixed dinner and then found out no one would be there to eat it....grrrr.  I have heard of those painting parties.....sounds like fun!  

Time for breakfast.....few errands and then meet my Three Amigos after school.

H .... Happy Wednesday!  or Hefty Garbage Bags

NEXT .... I 

Respected Contributor
Good morning. No to dentist!!

I went to a painting party but this was at a church. It was fun but I got frustrated. Everyone else produced such lovely pieces. Mine NOT!!!

Off to duties. One lady scheduled today will spend hours walking around looking for the perfect spot to place something. Just put it down already. There are some mannequins to dress so she will do that today. I don't look for any help. She also has a very high pitched voice--chalk board screech!

Yesterday we made three trips to alternate sorting house. I will be so happy when we are under one roof. The partner group does nothing to help with this duty---they pick and choose. Sigh!!

I: ice cream sundae

J: next
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon .... lol kittyfan about the chalk board screech ... and how difficult can it be to place things .... you must be a lady with great patience .... keep on keeping on ....

walker, hope you had a good day with the Three Amigos ... it sounds like you will be drying off puppy fur and paws ....

I took DM to the cemetary today (DF has been gone 6 years today) ... it was bitter, bitter cold and windy ... we paid our visit and then headed home ...

See you later ... Hi to bigkat!

J ~ Juicer

K ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone.....

Kittyfan.....I can just visualize you and the workers....one wandering not knowing where to put something down...I would be doing some serious eye-rolling!  Did the mannequin get dressed? 

Tootie is right....you must have a lot of patience!!!  Hang in there!

Tootie, so nice you can take your DM out to cemetery.  Six years has probably gone fast for both you and your mom....or maybe not?  Has your DM done ok? My dad has been gone 18 years and I can't believe that.  

It is always fun to see my Three Amigos but fun to see mom or dad get home too.....ha!  They are all excited to leave soon for Spring break in FL.  

Better get dinner started.  And, time for Grandma's Medicine...ha!

K .... Kitchen-Aid Hand Mixer

NEXT .... L