Respected Contributor

Good morning!! It is a ""warm"" 33 right now ... waiting for the rain.

C ~ Coffee ... while I read the morning paper

D ~ NEXT

Have a good day .... will check in later.

Honored Contributor
Good Morning Tootie and all friends .......waking up to 18 here and more snow.....then the cold ....this is a winter for our record books.....people are being warned to stay in. ...I get two newspapers in the morning and neither are here yet.....or covered in snow and I can't find them.......grin and bear it is right! Hope you all have a cozy Sunday!.........D......doughnuts to go with my coffee since I don't have a paper....ha.......NEXT......E
Valued Contributor

Good morning frozen friends ~ We are at 33 now with a high of 45 today. Tonight is supposed to be 19!!! I know where I will be. I miss my morning paper - LA Times for 48 years. I now subscribe to it on line, but it is not the same. I am tired of this cold weather already. Next FF will be to someplace warm and balmy won't it? Kathy the baked apples sound so good. If it weren't for the awful weather, I would be on your front porch begging! Stay warm today ~

E = eggs over medium to go with the donuts and coffee

F is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Super Contributor

Hi! Good morning. We are at 7 degrees right now. Our high is to be 24 with -2 tonight. But, the sun is out. cookie5, you are always welcome at my house!! walker, did you get your newspaper yet? I agree with you cookie5, I enjoy reading my paper with while I'm drinking a cup of hot/cold chai. Hope everyone stays safe and warm. Kathy

F = France's Hearty Vegetable Soup

G is next

France's Hearty Vegetable Soup Fix It and Forget It Pink Cookbook page, 93.

1 lb. round steak, cut into 1/2 inch pieces

14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes

3 cups water

2 potatoes, peeled and cubed

2 onions, sliced

3 celery ribs, sliced

2 carrots, sliced

3 beef bouillon cubes

1/2 tsp. dried basil

1/2 tsp. dired oregano

1 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, or your choice of frozen vegetables

Combine first 3 ingredients in slow cooker. Cover Cook on High 6 hours. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on High 2 hours more, or until meat and vegetables are tender. Variation: Cut salt back to 1/2 tsp. Increase dried basil to 1 tsp. and dried oregano to 1 tsp.

Honored Contributor
Good soup recipe, Kathy, I need more of those to get me through winter....you are very cold there too! I have White Chicken Chili in my crock pot for tonight. Papers finally came....one was tossed onto driveway late and DH found other buried in snow at the end of our driveway. I am such a creature of habit....coffee and paper to start the day! And, I agree with Cookie....online just isn't the same. Anyone under a blanket with a book? I started Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker so need to get back to it......day of rest you know.....:+).......G.....Great Northern Beans........NEXT..........H
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone! It's 40+ degrees out, but snow is forecast for tonight, with temps going down to 3° - my heart goes out to the poor animals, and all the homeless. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Hey walker, I started reading that book as well, but I couldn't renew it as someone else had reserved it so I'll have to get it back again. I got some books by my favorite author - Bodie Thoene - for Christmas, so I think I'll start on them today; they're a series I haven't read it.

I'm having a lazy day - I don't need anything, and wouldn't want to have to go out in the cold anyway. I finally got the kitties new cat tree put together. They were so excited, and decided to "help" - they were climbing in and out of the box, batting the skroos around, playing with the plastic wrap... I finally finished and told them to have at it...and they all walked away, bored. Not a single one has even given it a second look. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Rotten little ingrates... {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

H = ham sandwich

Drop the ham sammich or Mr Bunbun getz it

I =

Super Contributor

Hi! Good evening. walker, dinner was wonderful. Looking forward to the leftovers!!! FHG, we are trying to find a toy for Barney that he won't rip to shreds. So, right now we are at 6 degrees with a windchill of -12. However, walker, I think you will be colder than all of us. Have a good night. Kathy

I = Italian Style Pork Chops

J is next

Italian Style Pork Chops page 23 from a cookbook called The Deen Bros. Take it Easy.

1 TBS olive oil

Four 8-ounce center-cut, bone-less pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper

2 cups prepared marinara sauce

2 cups shredded mozzarella (8 ounces) 1/4 tsp dried oregano

Heat the olive oil in a large skillet with a lid over medium high heat. Season the pork with the salt and pepper. Cook, turning once, until brown on both sides, 6 to 8 minutes total.

Pour the marinara sauce into the skillet and bring to a boil, turning the chops a few times. Reduce the heat to medium, cover the pan, and cook for 5 minutes. Turn the chops over and scatter the mozzarella and oregano on top. Cover again and cook until the cheese is melted and the pork is just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes more.

Tip from the Deen Bros., We like to serve the chops with a bowl of eggs noodles tossed with butter and chopped fresh parsley or with Garlic Mashed Potatoes to soak up some of the delicious sauce. Serves 4.

Honored Contributor
Hi friends....Kathy...glad dinner was good....it is cold here...to be worse by tomorrow....schools are closed..this to shall pass,eh? Do you ever follow other threads here? I do, and have a hard time dealing with stupid negative comments. I just want to tell all of you here I am thankful for our fun exchange. I should stick with friends here...we have fun and that is what it is all about. I am thankful for our fun group! Looking forward to our next FF....WARM! J.......Jelly........NEXT.......K
Valued Contributor

Good morning - Kathy dinner sounded so good! walker - yes I follow some and tend to agree with you. I don't post often but read a lot. Some of the negativity is beyond comprehension! RS is a great place! So....where is warm???? We will be 38/19 today. Warm for some of you, I know.... I also feel for the homeless and all the little furry creatures who are outside in the weather. My good friend and neighbor leaves her garage door open just a bit and provides beds and food for the local stray cats. She must have about 12 or so. Have a good day all ~

K = knockwurst

L is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning cookie and all .... I do go to other threads, but like cookie, usually just read them. Depending on the topic, I will comment ... but if there is negativity or nastiness ... I won't. I don't want to get in the middle of anything!! I keep saying this, but I love coming here .... I love being able to share with my friends. I felt welcome and "at home" from the very beginning .....{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}.

It is now 28 degrees ... and going down to 12 with a forecast of snow. Since it has been raining, and it is getting colder, now we are in for ice covered walkways, parking lots and roads .... ugh!! We are in a storm/cold warning for the next couple days!! Windchill tomorrow is supposed to go down to between -30 to -40 degrees .... WHAT??!!

L ~ Leftovers

M ~ NEXT

Stay warm everyone ... and have a good day!