Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

🎇 🌠 HAPPY 4th OFJULY!  🌠 🎇

How nice you were able to take a bike ride Tootie - epecially with a cool breeze. 

Good luck with the run this morning and don't forget to wear your crown😄  and wear comfortable shoes to run from place to place.  

I decided to go with DD and SIL to his folks and glad I did.  I miss seeing them and their home is absoslutely gorgeous!  Two story ceilings all through it and a great layout.  They have a patio off the dining area that is perfect for the male species - a huge TV with a fireplace, comfy chairs and a nice view (it is built on a slight hill)  Her kitchen is what I call a 10 butt kitchen.  She used to have a tiny one butt and is so happy.  She did a great job of decorating the whole house and it still smells new!  The area is so nice with lots of trees and away from noise. 

kittyfan,  I thought of you when we were driving down - they live in Bastrop about 30 minute from the airport off of 71. 

Enjoy your day and be safe!

Passing the coffee ~

L - Lasagna

M next 

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Honored Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Hello again......and guess I can say...Good Afternoon Friends!  🇺🇸

Back from run event....fun....am tired....more in minute...but...thanks for good wishes.......Tootie, bike ride with breeze sounds deeeeelightful....cookie, happy to hear you did go with DD and SIL after all.....sounds like good people to visit and beautiful home!!

OK...community event was very nice..as always ...a good family fun time.  I needed the running shoes today....did not like new course for a spectator....had to start at one location....down hill...then back up hill and down block to meet friends and watch runners go down main road...then back again.  My DD's in-laws went with me.  Almost lost my crown..ha!  May as well run!  Fortunately, friends had chair for me.  I had DH's bag with me that had his extra stuff in it.  I hung it on chair.  Ok, all family went running by....YEA, GO, GO!  So, then we all turned and walked back.  I was almost back when I realized I forgot the DARN BAG!!    Our friends had moved to another spot but left chairs to pick up later...whew!  GRABBED DARN BAG and hustled back....MISSED FINISH!  😡. Oh well, DD's MIL took video so I could see it.  DH came in first for his age group....only three guys...ha.  GS beat all in family.  GD beat her mom, dad and grandpa.  Lots of fun.  That's all for another year. 🇺🇸

UB afternoon!  ENJOY YOUR 4TH.🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸..quiet, loud and/or delicious.  See you all later. Alphabet Police 🚨see another miss here but it is a holiday..free pass...  I could go for lemonade, lasagna ....AND...

M ... MIMOSAS....one jug, please

NEXT .... N 

Honored Contributor

OH MY GOSH....just saw a notice posted here about Tragedy in Highland Park, IL....shooting at parade...honestly, this is awful!!!!  That community is south of us....not far....good grief!!!  

N .... NUTS!

NEXT .... O 

Respected Contributor

Hello friends ... walker, what a "run" you had 😂 ... congratulations to your DH for coming in first 🏆 ... and to your GS and GD for doing well too!! ... I thought of you when I heard about the shooting at the parade ... what in the heck is wrong with people? it is only getting worse ... pretty soon we won't feel safe going out anywhere (I'm almost there and that is pretty sad to live like that)

We're having a sweltering day here ... A/C on for sure!!

Hope everyone is having a good afternoon ... see you later!

O ~ Onions

P ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor
Good afternoon. I also saw reports on parade tragedy. Apparently fired from roof top and they haven't located people

Walker: what a great family event. I am with you on sidelines

Tootie: agree with you about getting out and about. Doesn't seem possible LS is almost a year!!! Oh bike ride. How nice

Cookie: oh how nice you decided to go to visit. Sounds lovely. Great area but growing too fast.

Yesterday went to TS as I had planned. Drove up no one there. As I was getting out of vehicle Jan comes flying up. We went in. She got a phone call from her sister. Her niece trsted positive. Her BIL spent months in hospital early with covid. Probably not the best situation. Working my area and Susan arrives. We allwere in different areas. One of the ladies left her glasses so she came to pick them up. She made a comment to Jan about working weekends. She has no idea. I usually will go in on Sunday once s month. I was working baby clothes yesterday. Did two bins. Many more to go. I was last to leave. Looked at temps. Triple digits. Looked at the when I got home 5:30. Later than I thought. Went in and sat down and I was out. I hadn't slept the night before so I was really tired.

Tommorrow is our rotation

P: peaches

Q: next

Honored Contributor

Thank you, God!!  The shooter has been arrested!  Holy Cow...he was getting close to my area too.  This is so unnerving but glad he was caught!  Huge applause to smart law enforcement!!!  

What a day....highs and lows...whew....ended well!

Peace!  Rest Well everyone!  See you tomorrow.

Q ... Quick capture!  👍 Queen and all can rest!  or Go

Make a Quiche for breakfast! Ha!  

NEXT ... R 

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

HERE'S TO A SAFE AND COOLER DAY!

So sad about the Chicago Parade shootings and so glad they caught the idiot who did it. I thought of you walker when I heard this horrible news. Cheers and applause for the terrific Law Enforcement there!💥💥✨ 👍👍👍 

Cheers to your DH,GS and GD for their wins walker!  Must have been fun too!  Glad your DD's MIL took video and you were able to see the finish!  Good thing you didn't lose your  🤣!

Tootie, I also agree with you - getting out is becoming more scary and not safe anymore.😩😢😬

kittyfan,I hear you on the triple digits! 🥵😓😴 the heat has drained any energy I had completely out of me and I am tired as well.  Hope you got some restful sleep.  

Passing the coffee ~

R - Rootbeer Floats 

S next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... kittyfan, it sounds like the TS is swamped with baby clothes (but that's a good thing for the TS) ... glad you were able to get some shut eye when you got home and hope that you were able to sleep through the night as well ...

walker, good news about them catching the shooter!! I keep saying this, but I really don't understand people!!

cookie, it sounds like you have no choice but to enjoy some UB's inside ... I'll send some of our 80 degree weather plus rain, maybe that will help cool it down ...

Have a good day ... pouring and passing ... yum! a root beer float!!

S ~ Sausage .. on the grill!

T ~ NEXT

STAY COOL ....

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸🙏

Let There Be Peace on Earth!  New day...on we go..do our best.  The unfortunate incident here yesterday (and others across America) was caused by a mentally ill person...on internet sites too much...gun in hand...and we know the rest.  🙏  I just shake my head...yes...what is wrong with people and how did this get so bad!!?

I understand your feelings Tootie about getting to the point where you don't feel safe going anywhere.  So true.  Not a way to live...in fear.  Guess we remain vigilant and cautious....and, again...🙏.

Well....onward here my friends where we are peaceful, happy people....SCC Strong!  Happy TUESDAY...we will be confused all week now.  Glad today is not the run day.  It is soupy humid outside right now..🥵.   Guess this is a TX type day!  Pass the Root Beer Floats! 😋

All for now......see you later.  

T ..... Tomatoes

NEXT .... U 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi there.....another day winding down.  We were planning to attend GS baseball game tonight.  But, DD has told me it has been cancelled.  Opposing team.....from Highland Park!  😳😟  Certainly understandable!  To be rescheduled....maybe.  

Not much other news....pretty warm so a little relieved the game was cancelled.  Did putzy stuff inside.  Trying to finish book The Personal Librarian too...good book.

All from me......

U ..... Unbleached Flour 😉 (stuck on U...hard one...😆)

NEXT ..... V   (good luck....hard one too...😅)