Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... walker, glad you had a good dinner ... ahh, gluten-free? that's really hard ... my twin niece/nephew have that but it wasn't discovered until they were in their late teens ... any parties or gatherings, we had to make sure we had something they could eat ... but like kittyfan said, they've come a long way with gluten-free ... hope he is doing ok.

cookie, good news on your foot ... laughing at you being back to normal??!! 😂 ...

kittyfan, hope you got a good sleep in ...

We're in for a humid 88 degree day! yuck! A/C and indoors today ... I think I can finally say that my head is starting to clear up ... I'm sick of being sick.

Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

T ~ Tea

U ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸🙏....☀️

Happy Thursday, June 30th!  Onto July tomorrow....

Ahhhh, sleep...like how you said, kittyfan, you want to enjoy it...sleeping in...after having trouble falling asleep.  Staying asleep is my problem.  I feel like some nights I have a timer in my head that goes off every two hours..ha!  Last night I was awake and thought of you, cookie, saying alphabet backwards....tried that...not as hard as I thought....I'll try anything to get back to sleep.  

We went to GS's baseball game last night.  His team did great....so good they had to call the Mercy Rule and end it early....25-7!  

Bye for now....breakfast and head to my meat/fish store before it gets too warm...into 90's today.  A/C day here too, Tootie, just like our TX friends...we are all staying "COOL"....😆! 

U .... UBs help COOL people! 😉 or Unbleached Flour

NEXT ..... V 

Respected Contributor
Oh I so understand the two hour cycle. I fall into that category.

No news from my world. Did see a deer but no Littles.

Still hot here heat index is still high.

Tommorrow have eye appointment. Saturday my plan is to go to ts. Hope to grab a key so I can do my tasks. I don't know where this month went. For me too many medical appointments.

Coffee pot ready

V: vinegar and oil

W: next
Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

✨✨  HAPPY JULY! ✨✨

kittyfan, it seems there are three of us who fall into the two hour sleep cycle.  Ok Tootie, your turn???  Sometimes it takes longer than 2 hours to fall back asleep only to sleep for another one 🥱😫 

Tootie, glad to hear you are feeling a lot better!  Continue to do so and let's all shout out:  BE GONE!!!!

Oh this triple digit weather 🧨🥵  Very thankful I do not have to be outside working!  I feel for all the roofers!  Manicure this morning.  Love the manicurist and the beautiful results, but am really not loving the drive down. I will survive and get over it - just needed to vent/complain😕

Shout out to walker our illustrious   

Passing the coffee ~

W - Wheat thins

X next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... yes, can you believe it is July already?

walker, I have never heard of the Mercy Rule, but good for you GS and his team ... it sounds like it was a good game!

cookie, I hope you have a traffic free ride down to get your manicure ... I occasionally will have a night when I can't sleep ... I usually go downstairs to read for a couple hours.

kittyfan, good luck at your appointment today ... and I hope all goes well at the TS for you ...

We'll have an 85 degree day with rain moving in around dinnertime ... (great, just when you want to grill) but the rest of the weekend is supposed to be nice and sunny 😎

Have a good day ... pouring and passing ... stay cool my friends!!

X ~ Xtra cup of coffee

Y ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸🙏....☔️

Happy Friday!  Happy July!  Happy 4th of July Weekend!

Weather might be 50-50 here.....sun with some showers too.  Let's hope we get our  grill-time in, Tootie!

Oh...the Mercy Rule....don't know exact definition but basically it is when one team is WAY AHEAD of another ....no chance to catch up....they call the Mercy Rule after so many innings have been played to give the losing team a break and not be further frustrated and embarrassed.  That's grandma's definition..haha.  

Speaking of baseball, GS had another game last night but it was away so we did not go.  Darn!  GS hit his first home run!!!  Very exciting for him!  He will just have to do it again for the grandparents!  🤞

cookie, off for your manicure..hope you have good drive there.  I will be off for my pedicure this morning.  My hands seem to be in water so much I just don't bother with manicures anymore.  Might get one in a couple of weeks before we go out of town though.

Hope you have a good 👀 check-up, kittyfan.  I think I am going back with my new glasses.  I don't like the nose pieces/tabs...not as comfortable as my older pair...🥴...I'm probably stuck with them but maybe they can adjust.  I never thought about the nose piece when I got them.  My other ones were all one piece with glasses.  Not a good description but maybe you understand what I'm trying to describe.

Better move on.....little more coffee to get my engine going.....☕️....🚗......zooooom.....see you later....enjoy your day.

Y ..... Yellow Pepper

NEXT ..... Z 

Respected Contributor
July is here!!

Yes the mercy rule is used in baseball. Even in college. I think it I more than 8 runs ahead bit I am nit certain.

My eye Dr apt was good. Results were erygood. I was home when drs office xalled. Radiogy showed severe arthritis. O was aware of this. She had given me names of two Ortos. One hand doc. One lower extremity doc. Need to schedule apt. I had seen an ortho previously I did not click with!

Joys of aging.

Cookie: what cor did you choose?

Tootie and Walker. Grilling sounds yummy.

Coffee pot ready

Z: zucchini a

Respected Contributor
Z: zucchini

A: next
Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

kittyfan, Glad you eye doc appointment went well and hope you find an Ortho doc that you feel comfortble with. Old age isn't easy.  The Golden Years they are not!  More like The Rusty Years! 😂

walker, I remember the mercy rule when my kids and G'kids played Baseball and Soccer.  I miss attending their games - much more enjoyable than adults!  Hope you can get your glasses adjusted.  I am not a fan of the nose tabs either.

Tootie, hope the rain didn't spoil your grilling plans.  At least you are getting rain!  We sure do need it but haven't seen much, if any.  Hope you are feeling better. How are the littles doing?  Growing fast I'll bet😊

Drive down to manicure was good - no traffic but not much great scenery anymore.  That's what I miss.  The rolling hills and pretty wild flowers are now replaced with cookie cutter houses with 5 feet between them😣, car washes and small shopping plaza's!  Construction all over. Enjoyed my time at the salon and then home for lunch - Indian food - YUM!

Passing the coffee ~

A - Apple fritterss

B next 

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... walker, I must be out of the loop as I never heard of the Mercy Rule, but thanks for the explanation and kudos to your GS and his team ... and another kudos to him for home run!! I'm sure he told grandma/grandpa all about it and you'll be there to see him do it again!! ... I hope you were able to get your glasses returned/fixed ... I have had glasses with and without the "feet" (that's what I call them) and prefer the "feet" ... different strokes ...

cookie, I know what you mean about all the construction going on ... but I would hate to live in the country and see them taking down "nature" ... the rain came yesterday afternoon and lasted throughout the night, so no grilling 🙁 but we'll make up for it the rest of the weekend ... it's supposed to be sunny and clear ... LG/LS are doing well ... LS will be 1 next month!! she walks along furniture and will be ready to take off on her own soon ... time is flying by ... LG goes to daycare 3 days a week and is doing good ... (although lately he gets himself in trouble for hitting other kids ... DS/DIL are working on that)

kittyfan, glad your eye appointment went well but sorry to hear about the arthritis ... hopefully you can find a good doc to help you with your pain ...

Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

B ~ Butter

C ~ NEXT