Respected Contributor
Boy that is sticker shock for sure. Ouch. Feel for people who must commute or drive for work.

Yesterday when I left walked out to see large deet staring at me.

M: melons

N: next
Respected Contributor

Hello friends ... omg walker, premium or not, that gas price is absolutely ridiculous!! ... our regular is $4.67 (at least for today) ... that chicken and onion recipe sounds good ... I'm anxious to hear how it turns out.

kittyfan, lucky you! you get to reschedule your dentist appointment ... laughed at walkers suggestion to say you are busy!!

cookie, hope you didn't spill the coffee this morning ... $7.49 a gallon for gas??!! yikes!! how much worse can this get??

The rain has stopped for now and it is sunny and breezy ... See you later ...

N ~ Noodles

O ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Dinner update.....good but wish I had exact recipe....onions were deeeeeelish...could eat them all!

I cut 3 small/medium Vidalia onions in thick slices...about three per onion.  I laid those in baking dish....added a little salt and pepper.  Then I put the chicken breasts on top (2-4)....sprinkled with poultry seasoning.  Then I mixed a can of cream of chicken soup with 1/4 cup white wine.  (I don't think my mother did that....next time no wine...maybe just the soup.). Then I could not remember cover or uncover...so..I covered for 1/2 hour (350) and uncovered for second half hour...HA!  QM was probably saying...you should have saved the recipe!   But, it was good!  I'd say make it your own if you want to try it.  I know I had the sliced onions and chicken part right...ha!  DH thought it was good dinner.  (Saved extra onions and chicken...will be good reheated.)

Night all....see you in the morning. 

O ..... Oregano

NEXT......P 

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

Thanks walker for the instructions for QM's Vidalia chicken - sounds terrific!  Going to make it soon.  I will omit the wine - not a fan of wine.  Easy and delicious!  My kind of recipe.

I haven't been out since last Friday and don't know the current gas prices.  Kind of scary to find out.  Tootie, last I looked our gas was about the same.  Seems to rise daily😖  I did not spill the coffee reeling from DS's gas price.  I know he did!!!  He drives a lot.  

kittyfan, laughing at your dentist issues and walker's response to let them know you are busy😂 How lucky you were to see a deer up close.  I miss them but with the dogs and some construction going on I don't see many.

Passing the coffee ~ 

P - Pistachio nuts  

♛   next  

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... cookie, I like the way you bolded out our names in your post!!

walker, thanks for telling us about your Chicken and Onion dinner ... it sounds pretty easy and "make it your own" is even better ... you know, I never know whether or not to cover casseroles in the oven so I do what you did and cover for half the time too! ... glad it turned out! maybe not the same as QM's, but with practice you may eventually get it!! 😁

Hi kittyfan 👋

My niece is coming in from AZ on Saturday ... we haven't seen her since before Covid and she had her little girl right before Covid started so we finally get to meet her!! 😊 I can't wait to see them and to see her and LG/LS together!!

We'll have a sunny 71 degree day ... Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

Q ~ Quiche for our Queen ... and all!!

R ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸🙏

Happy Friday!  Sunny day here....👍.  Nothing special happening.  Going to my meat/seafood store today to see how much prices have jumped there.   Planning to grill hamburgers tonight.  I'm already thinking of my Vidalia onions on top...ha!

Tootie, what a fun weekend you will have seeing your niece again and meeting her little girl.  It will be cute seeing kids together.   Enjoy the special family time!  

👋👋 to our "Hot" 😉😅 Ladies in TX!  

See you all later.

R .... Raisin Bread (toasted) with Quiche! 😋

NEXT .... S 

Valued Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

What time is dinner walker?  😋😊😊🍔🍔  Try grilling thick slices of the Vidalias - YUMMMMM!  I prefer raw onions and grilling doesn't take away the crunch and are so delicious.  Enjoy your time out.  Be safe and hope for low/normal pricing.

Tootie🌻, how fun to see your niece and especially meeting her little girl.🎀 Enjoy their visit.  We are creeping up here - 102 predicted but as we all know that is just a guess - probably will be higher.  

Stay cool kittyfan!!!🥵

Pouring more coffee ~

S - Spaghetti with meat sauce nd garlic bread  😋

T next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor
Good morning. Yesterday afternoon walked put to see a deer watching me. Holly barked and lunged but the deer says that little dog is no match!

The onion dinner sounds wonderful. I love onions so I enjoy tbrm..

Yes Cookie and I will be in hibernation mode record temps for us.

I know CA gas prices are always high but ouch!

Tootie: how sweet you get to see the littlest together. What fun.

T: tomatoes

U: next
Honored Contributor

cookie, I can send QA down to get you and kittyfan out of heat.....burgers...ONIONS...."spirits".....COOL AIR ....and back home.  No one will know you were gone...😂.  We can grab Tootie too and have her back before niece's arrival with "great-niece"...😁.

OK....heading out soon and looking at recipes to make meal plans.  Found another recipe for Vidalia onions (or any onions).....really good with mashed potatoes ...sauce makes gravy.  Easy too!

2-4 pork chops....salt and pepper...put in a baking dish with sliced sweet onion on top...then put one can of Golden Mushroom soup over all.  Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Adios for now....

U ..... UBs everyday!!  

NEXT .... V 

Respected Contributor
Oh yes bring QA to take us away.

Dinner sounds good. Yum

V: Vidalia onions

W: next