Respected Contributor

Hello friends ... as more details come out about the Texas shooting I just can't understand it ... so, so sad, but like you say walker, we pray that this sick, sick act comes to an end! I'm glad that your grandkids are/or are just about done with school for the year ... I really don't know what I would do if I had kids in school ... what a worry and we shouldn't have to live like this ...

kittyfan, good luck at the TS tomorrow ... I bet you can get a lot more done when you work alone ...

I hope you had a good day cookie ...

We had a warm but cloudy day ... it looks like the skies could open up any minute, but rain is not expected until tomorrow night ... it's all up to Mother Nature ...

Have a good night ... see you tomorrow.

B ~ Bread Knife

C ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor
Dimming the lights

Deer in yard again.

Coffee pot ready.

C: coffee

D: next

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

kittyfan, sorry to hear about one of the TS volunteers BIL.  This is a horrendous thing to happen to anyone!  So sad for all those that lost their loved ones.  Love the Goldens and how sweet that he remembered you.  Their own business cards made me smile.  

walker, I also wonder how parents could send off their kids to school without being scared. I read an article that it is not the mental illness, no morals, anger or hatred - it is the guns!  What to do????  This is crazy and terrifying!!  Prayers for victims and their families 🙏🙏

Tootie, good luck getting used to the Kindle transfer!!!  I am still working on finding what I had listed the old way - which was very simple (simple things for simple minds😏)  I'll bet transferring is even more complicated!  I have over 1k books in my Kindle and this change is annoying to say the least.  

We will be warmer today at 94 so if you need any sunshine give a shout.  It was beautiful yesterday with comfortable temps and a breeze.  Now for the heat.  I will be inside trying to "fix" the Kindle list😒

Passing the coffee ~

D - Dill Pickles

E next 

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... cookie, I explored my Kindle books yesterday on my iPad ... I actually like the new format on mine  ... there's a section for "next in series" ... if I read a book that happens to be in a series it shows the next ones in it ... of course, they charge for those (I usually "buy" the free ones but if I really enjoy the story I will buy the next one) ... good luck exploring on yours!! you learn something new everyday 😉 ... by the way, I don't have half as many books as you do!!

kittyfan, I forgot to mention yesterday ... after our grocery store shooting they brought in service dogs ... I didn't hear where this group was from but the woman they interviewed said they go all over the country ... such cute and helpful dogs!!

Hi walker!! 👋

We're at a pleasant 63 breezy morning ... we "may" see some rain later this afternoon but will go up to 80!!

Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

E ~ Electric Frying Pan

F ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸🙏

It is really humid here!  Along with your TX sun sent up, cookie, I think we got the humidity!  I guess we may have more rain this afternoon.  Weather report next week says we will have 90's...🥵. 

I think the therapy dogs would be wonderful comfort...but, I love dogs....maybe some more than others.  I am partial to Labrador Retrievers and the Goldens.  They are so loving....just look at them and smile.

No news from me .... hope you have a good day.  

F ..... French Roast Coffee

NEXT .... G 

Respected Contributor
Good afternoon.

Spent today UBing. Tomorrow and Saturday is TS. We will be short on volunteers but we make do. It is graduation so we will be empty or really busy. Hard to predict.
We just roll with the flow.

Our growing season is so much different from yours. But it is fun to get flowers

Deer strolling by my window!! Dogs are in with me.

I don't do change well. I don't have a kindle. But would be moaning about changes!

G: green grapes

H: next

Honored Contributor

Hi all.....oh, kittyfan, deer roaming close sounds so nice but I know they can present problems too!  We had two ducks come into backyard tonight.  A few years ago they (or relatives) came by regularly.  Have not seen them in a long time but so cute.  While we were having dinner...they moved on...🥴.

Hope TS goes well, kittyfan.  You know we enjoy your reports and new characters...haha.

Kind of quiet day....tomorrow I have haircut and will be breaking up with my hair gal....not paying $80!  I better tell her at end so I don't get scalped...😂.

TX stories still so sad...now husband of killed teacher died from heart attack.  OMG!  Unbelievable!  😢

H .... Hefty Garbage Bags

NEXT .... I 

Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... no cookie yet? I'll try to type fast.

walker, I almost lost my coffee this morning when I read your comment about telling your hair girl that you were leaving but waiting until she was all done!! too funny!! 😂😂 ... I really don't blame you ... $80 is a lot for a cut/style ... when my guy left, the new girl was going to charge $50 and I think that's ridiculous as well ... do you have someone in mind or are you going on a hunt for a new one?? ... oh the ducks?! ... my FIL (rip) used to feed the ducks in his backyard ... the neighbors reported him because (and I kid you not) it was duck to duck in the yard and down their driveway ... when we would go to visit them we would literally have to chase them first so we could get to the door 😲 I did read about the husband that died ... he literally died of a broken heart! 💔 so sad!!

kittyfan, good luck at the TS ... I'm sure things will go well ... you always seem to make it work!!

cookie, hope all is well.

We'll have a rainy 74 degree day ... the weekend and the holiday is supposed to be really nice though ... anyone have any plans?? ... we're going to do a cookout on Sunday with the kids ... DS always goes to his inlaws ... our town has a parade and it ends up right on the inlaws street ... so fun, they can sit on the porch and watch it ... LG/LS will love it!!

Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

I ~ Ice Cream

J ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

Good Morning ~

It's getting harder and harder to have a good morning with all the horrible news - and it's getting worse by the day/minute😢  I havn't heard of the Texas teacher's husband died of a heart attack.  How do we stop this massacre???  🙏🙏

kittyfan, how lucky you still get to see deer - we see a couple now and then.  They are so beautiful.  I guess with 6 dogs baking they don't come as often.  Good luck with the TS.   We sure do love hearing your stories and escapades with new book characters. 

Love the breaking up with your hair lady 😄 That is waaaay too much $$$.  I have no idea what it is around here, but I'm pretty sure it's not cheap either as prices have gone up all over.  Might ask DD about it..  Good luck - I cannot picure you bald😂😂😂

Shout out to Tootie our own best Mimosa maker 🥂🥂🎈

Passing the coffee ~

I - Iced Tea

J next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸🙏

Hard to say it but....Happy Friday....so much sadness in news but we have to move on each day....praying for an end to this insanity!  QM....YES, it is a different world! 😢

No plans yet for the weekend.  Weather is going to be really nice so GRILL TIME for sure!  

That is quite a duck story, Tootie!  I wouldn't want that many around.  Cute is just a few...ha!

cookie, I lost count...6 dogs at your house? They have their own family!  I am curious about prices for hair cuts in your area and DD....what does she think of $80?

This salon I have been going to has a "name" that says...$$$$..."Salon and Spa" ...I knew it in beginning but prices are getting ridiculous.  Time for change.  I don't really know where I will go next.  I do have a smaller salon in mind that gives "senior discount"...👍 I'll let you know how today goes....💇‍♀️🤞.

kittyfan, good luck at TS this weekend...treat yourself to Cafe after!

See you later....

J ..... Jelly or Jam...both good! 😋

NEXT ....K