Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... wow! cookie, your temps are hot!! you definetly are going to need to ride the MGR ... not only for the fun but for the breeze ... glad your telemed appointment went so well ... I think we're going to see a lot more of those ... my kind of appointment as well!

kittyfan, I hope things continue to work out at the TS as it did yesterday ... and I hope you are able to visit your favorite Cafe for a meal ...

walker, hope you had a good night ...

Now that they have arrested all 4 policemen I'm hoping that these riots will go away ... but as I saw on the news this morning, now we have to worry about this virus picking up again ...

We'll have a sunny 76 degree day ... Have a good day ... hopping on the MGR ... I think I'll ride a pink horse today ... pouring and passing ... round and round and round we go!

BE SAFE ... BE WELL!!

K ~ Kiwi

L ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🙏🇺🇸

Another day waking up to bad news!  I don't think it is going to change for a long time. Peaceful protests are one thing....what we are seeing is not at all peaceful!  This is very well organized and fed with internet.  Awful....setting up places with bricks to use.  I look at these crowds of animals going wild and think....we have that many mean-spirited, dishonest, disrespectful people in our cities??? Sad!  Wonder how many collected stimulus money?  Then steal and loot...arson...OMG!  WHOA!  Queen roaring today...haha!

Boy is it HOT in TX, cookie and kittyfan!  You have gone right into August....(maybe that is good...get this year over with).  Glad your appointment went well yesterday, cookie. Do you do that through Zoom or Skype...other?

kittyfan, I am assuming you wear your mask at TS.  How is that going for several hours...I don't like wearing it for one hour.

Well, looks like we need more mimosas today, Tootie!  Load up the bar bench .... see you on MGR ...I'll be on lion today.....😂🦁 ROAR!!!  

Peaceful Thursday to all ..... and stay well....interesting...no talk on coronavirus lately....kind of back page news now.

👋👋

L .... Lemonade 

NEXT .... M 

Respected Contributor
Good morning. Round we go today will be the lion

Yes masks required. Actually I didn't mind it. I put it on as I rounded the corner and took it off when I left the building. Masks required. I knew it was required. And a safety precaution

Yes we are inundated with the social unrest. The virus is an afterthought it seems. Although I did hear mention of the numbers. There continue to be cases in my area. I am still cautious about my movements. tS is no exception. SD is important. I must admit that I didn't recognize some masks folks. And these are people I know. Although three months plus since we last crossed paths.

M:. Meatloaf sandwich chased by a mimosa!

N:. Next
Honored Contributor

Hi there ..... well, I have decided to start thinking about positive things....good outweighs bad!  There are so many good people in this country, all races, that we can't let this bad faction drag us down!  It is a shame but we will get through this too!  

Just received a notice from our church.  It will open for Mass on Sunday....two Masses...8AM and 11AM....make a reservation...wear mask...only 80 people allowed...follow greeters..,sanitize hands, etc, etc.  DH and I will give up our seats for awhile.

Think I might call my nail gal and get a pedicure.  See you later!

N .... Nutmeg

NEXT ... O 

Respected Contributor

Hi walker ... I like your idea about positive thinking ... and you're right, we will get through this!!

I don't know what my church is doing ... I'll have to see if they have anything posted on their website ... but, I'm with you, we'll give our seats up for a while too!!

We're having a nice sunny, breezy day ... Hope everyone is having a good day ...

O ~ Oreos

P ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  I also like your POSITIVE THINKING idea walker!!  We will muster on!  MRG this morning is sanitized and rev'ed up ready to spin.  I think I will ride one of Tootie's pink horses.  Positive Pink Prancer!  

kittyfan, I hope your relationship with the MIA Sandman has improved.  Lack of sleep is not fun.  Positive thoughts for the TS and the Cafe.

I saw part of George Floyd's memorial funeral yesterday.  Very nice.  I just couldn't watch it all - 2 hours I think. People showed dignity and respect. All in all a nice loving tribute.  I hope justice is served!  

Another hot day - 94 but better than rain!!  Manicure and Pedicure this morning and I can't wait.  Long over due!  Now to pick a color and not change my mind half way through - haha

Be safe and well 

Passing the coffee ~

P - Peach pie  -  from kf's Cafe?  

Q is next  

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... we'll have another sunny but warmer day ... high of 78.

I saw George Floyd's Memorial as well ... they  had a moment of silence for 8 min. 46 sec. ... it was a very sad but moving service ...

No news on our church opening .. apparently, churches here can only have 10 people in gatherings ... how can everyone who wants to get back to Mass possibly have a chance when only 10 are permitted?? ... and walker, like your church you have to make reservations ... how will they be able to make sure that everyone has a chance to go (if they want) without the same people having a "standing reservation"?? this is going to be very interesting ...

kittyfan, hope you were able to get some sleep and good luck at the TS today ...

cookie, enjoy getting out for your mani/pedi ...

walker, did you get your pedicure??

Have a good day ... pouring and passing ... hopping on the whale today ... it's going to be hot so we can cool off from his waterspout ... round and round and round we go!!

BE SAFE ... BE WELL!!

Q ~ Quiche for our Queen ... and everyone else ... let's enjoy breakfast on the MGR ... and please bring that peach pie!!

R ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🙏🇺🇸

A Peaceful Friday to all!  Bring the quiche and peach pie...I'll bring the mimosas today....fun on the MGR...laughing about whale and Positive Pink Prancer!

I think I will ride the beautiful swan and try to be graceful....😂😂.

I did get my pedicure yesterday.  As soon as I called they said, if you can come right in, we can do it.  Seems they are running a pretty tight schedule of appointment-only customers....get in and out!  They had the proper plastic shields in place at each station and between each pedicure chair.  When I walked in I had my temperature checked and put disposable gloves on...not sure why...touching things, I guess.  Of course, masks were on as well.  It is a new way of life, eh?  Let us know how it is for you today, cookie.  I am so happy to have pretty toes again!!  I was also happy to get in and out....the less time with a mask on the better.

I agree with your thoughts on opening churches, Tootie.  It should be interesting.  I won't be going back if I have to wear a mask for an hour so it may be awhile....feel sad about that....we'll see.  Never say never....

I did not see any of the memorial service on TV...rest in peace and let's move on treating others with understanding, kindness and respect.  We need to start teaching children this so maybe there will be less racism in future.  This never should have happened and I am glad officers involved were arrested.  George Floyd had personal problems, drugs, etc, but no reason for what happened to him.  I listened to a very interesting clip online by Candace Owen ...whoa....very good...can google...look for comment on George Floyd.    

Let there be peace on earth ..... keep smiling...😀👋👋..

R .... Refrigerator

NEXT .... S 

Respected Contributor
Hipping on merry go round. Got to thrift store. Was trying to make meeting for assignments. Didn't know they had already been scheduled. Actually not a bad idea. Line was SD snaking the parking lot I had to find a spot. Finally settled on a spot by the road.

Yesterday was up and down. On Wednesday night took some OTC sleep aid. Well probably wont do that again. I felt really lousy BP was Low. Took it again a little better. Didn't take my meds. Lousy sleep. This morning borderline high. Aging is no fun.

Am at Cafe. Will finish. Food here

S:. Salsa

T:. Next
Valued Contributor

Hello ~  It is hot and muggy!  kittyfan, whoever invented getting older/old age should be prosecuted!!!!  I had a bout of low BP Tuesday and Wednesday as well.  Back to normal now.  What the heck is going on????? Oh the wonders of being old.

walker, sorry  forgot to answer your question about the telemed.  I believe we used Google Duo.  

I got to the nail salon only to find out that my long time favorite lady moved.  She moved about 25 miles from our house which is too far.  She is helping her friend (and my former pedicurist) at her shop. 

The salon had mandatory masks and appointments come first.  They had plexiglass shields and SD was in effect.  I had a lady who I am familiar with and she is just fine.  Not Hannah, but very good.  And....we have the same name!  I will go back in 2 weeks.  So different all over.  A new world.  

Positively speaking, I will move on and be happy and kind.

T - Tacos

U is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.