Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends! 🇺🇸🌨☃🌨

🇺🇸Happy Veteran's Day🇺🇸 to all who served! Thank you, Tootie, for thinking of my DH.  We had planned to go out and enjoy some discounts today.  But, it is snowing and DH says forget it.  His favorite store, Home Depot (ha), gives a military discount everyday....hmmm...appliance discount maybe? ha

cookie, I laughed at the thought of SCC doing a kitchen re-do!  😂😂.... Enjoy the day with your DS....always nice to see him come....hate to see him go....that is how I feel when my DS comes up from FL.

By the way, kittyfan, your story about Cafe was very sweet.  So glad your friend got to enjoy that cake.  

Winter Wonderland here.....coming your way, Tootie.  It is pretty.....to look at.....could have waited for December to fall....only month I like it.

Happy Monday!?  ☃🌨☃

M ..... Mac & Cheese

NEXT ..... N 

Honored Contributor

Hi all......snow seems to have stopped....DH out to shovel. I found a new recipe online for a crock pot dinner....Lemony Garlic Butter Chicken.....will let you know how it is.  Day Two...Creative Cooking....haha.

I posted a message about Spices.....went through mine today...how long do you keep yours?

Time for UB...👋👋

N ..... Nachos

NEXT ..... O

Respected Contributor

Hello ... it has been snowing here all day ... it started out as that wet yucky stuff and was only sticking on the grass and roofs but now it is sticking on the sidewalks ... to top that the leaves are falling and blowing all over making a mess!! (complain, complain!) ... No shoveling yet here.

walker,  I keep my spices for as long as I think they smell ok ... (if that makes sense) not all of mine have expiration dates and even then I don't throw them away ... if they smell "old" then I will get rid of them ...I try to keep them as long as possible as the price for spices is outrageous!!

Rachael Ray says to rub the spice in the palm of your hand to bring it back to life ...

Your dinner sounds good!! ... keep that cooking up and you may end up not getting a new stove Woman Very Happy ...

See you later .... stay warm everyone!

O ~ Onions

P ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  Weird, weird weather here.  Windy all day and poured down windy rain yesterday evening - I know this because we went out for dinner and drove in it.  Today it is 24 this morning and more wind advisories.  Some areas are expected to get snow!???

I keep my spices as long as they have a smell and are not hard as a rock.  I agree Tootie, the cost of spices is ridiculous.  

During the five days DS was here, we ate out almost every meal and I will be glad to get back to home cooking.  It seems restaurants are not seasoning their food like they used to and I miss that.  Or, it could be another joy of old age.........

Not going to the gym today- feeling verry bloated (eating out?) and just plan blah and the weather is iffy.  So I will make good use of UB's.

Your dinner does sound great walker, let us know your thoughts - inquiring minds, etc..

Passing the coffee ~

P - Pesto

Q is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  ⛄️🦃

Frozen turkey today!!!!  Very cold here....suppose to go out for lunch with friends but would be happy to stay home....ugh....hibernation season beginning too early.

The chicken dinner was very good!!  Maybe I will post recipe later.  

I usually smell my spices too....yesterday I had a couple with no smell...out they went....hmmm...rub between fingers?  Someone posted they heard red spices should be stored in refrigerator??  That is a new one.

In a hurry so I don't bump into Tootie and lose my crown.  Up too early.....not much in paper to read either.

Happy Tuesday!  Stay warm!

Q ..... Queen's Quiche.....not on menu...

NEXT ..... R 

Respected Contributor

Good morning friends .... wow cookie, you are cold!! ... glad you had a good visit with DS ... and not cooking for 5 days can sometimes be a good thing (walker could benefit from that right now!) but I know what you mean about restaurant food, it's just not the same as homemade (or your SIL's grilling!) ... enjoy your UB's ...

We are at 23 now and have about 11 inches of snow on the ground ... ugh!! too early for this amount of snow ... at least the plows came around before DH went out to snowblow ... (usually they come down AFTER everyone has cleared out the driveways ...)

Not venturing out today ... Have a good day and stay warm!! ... pouring and passing.

Q ~ Quiche for our Queen ... (no baking required for you Woman Wink)

R ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

BUMP ... hi walker!! ... it took me longer this morning as I lost my whole post and had to re-do it ... ugh!!

Great Q ... Woman LOL

See you later ...

R ~ Ravioli

S ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Great minds think alike, Tootie!  Love your Q too....haha.

Wow....11 inches of snow??? Yikes!!!   It is verrrry cold here but sun is out which helps brighten our spirits anyway.  I had trouble posting here earlier too...frustrating!

See you all later.....stay in and warm!

S .... Spaghetti

NEXT ..... T 

Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Hello ... walker, did you venture out for lunch with your friends?? ... I went out earlier to shovel by the side door ... it has been lightly snowing here most of the day ...

I think with this snow so early in the season we are in for a wild winter ... we broke a record for the most snowfall in one day and tomorrow it is supposed to be in the low 20's ... another record they are looking at ... oh well, I guess I'll be like walker and just hibernate for the winter ...

Have a good afternoon ...

T ~ Turkey

U ~ NEXT ... hmm?

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the wake up Tootie!  I UB'd it most of the day.  The sun came out but it is still under40.  I may be hibernating with you soon,

DS left around 1pm and I alrready miss him.  Of course he had to make another stop at HEB (local huge market).  He loves that store - even more than his family hahaha. We sure enjoyed him.  Lots of laughs last night at the restaruant and pics to prove it! 😂😂😂

See you tomorrow ~

U - hummm, my brain is too numb from my long UB, oh yes, UB's

V is next    Tootie?

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.