Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... cookie, believe me, I was ready to go home after the 2nd store didn't have the potatoes ... I was in such a bad mood (hate the fact that I forget them to begin with and then going on a wild goose chase is not my cup of tea) and then, it hit me when I got home that I could have just used regular potatoes and made it with those ... ugh!! oh well, I got them!!

Glad to hear that your G'son cleared out your unit ... now you don't have to worry about that payment each month ...

walker, did you get to watch Lucy?? ... I'm not sure when I'll get to watch it but it is saved until I do ...

Have a good Saturday ... ours will be a rainy 56 degree day ...

pouring and passing ..

I ~ Ice

J ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends! 😎

Beautiful morning here and should be a good Easter Day as well.  Tomorrow I may end up on mid-day as we will go to church early and out to breakfast after....ahhhh....my Easter Mimosa Breakfast!!!  Almost like BAT...ha!

Tootie, I have had that happen too with those potatoes.  Cheesy potatoes is a popular dish I make often as well.  Every holiday those potatoes seem to fly out of the store.  I try to remind myself to buy them ahead!!!  Your DH probably has a good idea.

I did watch the Lucy Show but switched back and forth to another program.  Honestly, I was a bit disappointed....maybe that is why I was switching channel.  It was different seeing it in color like cookie said.  I don't remember seeing the two skits they showed.....funny but not as funny as other programs.  Still....I will always love Lucy, Desi, Ethel and Fred.  At least you can fast forward through it, Tootie.

cookie, your grandson is a great guy and must love his grandma a lot too!  Doing things like that is a gift .....better than anything store bought!  

Happy Saturday!  

J ...Jelly Beans! Jelly Beans! I love Jelly Beans!

NEXT ..... K 

Respected Contributor

Image result for happy easter image

I'm hoping to get on in the morning, but just in case I don't, I hope everyone has a good Easter ... however and with whoever you may celebrate.

I got my potatoes done ... they are in the fridge waiting to be heated tomorrow.

walker, enjoy your breakfast and your Easter Mimosa ...

Have a good afternoon ...

K ~ Kellogg's Corn Flakes

L ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Tootie, what a pretty Easter greeting....thank you!  I join you in an early greeting to all....Happy Easter .....enjoy a beautiful day.....whatever you do! ☀️🌷🐰. Extra UBs on a holiday!  

Glad you have those potatoes done.  If the recipe  is similar to mine, it is a good one that everyone likes.  In fact, while sitting next to SIL's mother at GD's soccer game today, my SIL asked his mother what was on the Easter dinner menu...for starters...Ham and "Cheesy Potatoes!"  Ha!  

We will have dinner tomorrow at DIL's parents' home.  So, we will be eating good tomorrow and no cooking day for me!!!   Hooray!!!

See you tomorrow.......I will HOP in!  (sorry....haha)

L .... Lemon Meringue Pie

NEXT ..... M

Valued Contributor

happy-easter-bunny.jpg

Wishing my SCC ladies a very Happy and Blessed Easter~

Love your picture as well, Tootie!  What's with these potatoes - I think we all make the same ones with some variations.  We call ours Heart Attack Potatoes as everything is pure full fat with NO exceptions!

Passing the coffee if anyone is around ~

M - Many, many Mandarin Mimosas 

N is next 

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... Thank you both for the Easter wishes ... we went to Church and then came home and had breakfast ... I'm taking a quick UB before I start getting things organized for the day ...

Have a good day everyone ... I'll grab another quick cup of coffee and passing it ...

N ~ Noodles

O ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning.....OOPS....Afternoon Friends!! 🐰🌷☀️

HAPPPPPPPY EASTER DAY!!!!!  Loved your greeting, cookie.  You and Tootie find the best greetings!  Thinking of everyone and wishing you a relaxing, happy Easter day!  Blessings of love with family and friends...and good food!  (Funny about potatoes, cookie.)

We did get to early Mass.....it was filled!!!  Even went into an overflow area.  Amazing!  So glad we went early. Then it was out to breakfast meeting DD, SIL, GD and GS.  We enjoyed a delicious breakfast.....with mimosas!!!!  Well, DD and I enjoyed those!

Home to read the papers and now......can't miss it....UB time!  Have to recharge for next gathering.

It is a BEAUTIFUL Easter Day here!!!!  I think we will be in the mid-70's.....great for all the egg hunts and outside fun!

Enjoy this day!!!  

O ..... Olives

NEXT ..... P

Respected Contributor
Happy Easter

Have been busy the past few days!!

On Thursday was getting ready to pickup my ordered pie and head into town for train with friends. Got a phone call. My friend/host was sick. Heading to ER. Change in plans. Headed in after getting pie. Picked up gal headed to next stop. Load everything in her car off to pick up next person. Off to meet for train. Hadza fabulous time. Friend needed her CPAP as she was staying in hospital so we finished up headed to pick up device and headed to hospital. Didnt have room number so had to track her down. Asked me DOB which I happened to know as we have been friends forever. Finally found her. Thought about leaving while still light another friend comes. So it was dark when I left hate driving after dark and especially in unfamiliar territory. Had planned to meet other friends for lunch Friday. Of course it was a journey getting there. Had a great visit but traffic was horrible two hours almost three to get home.

Saturday was book club number three. Lady didnt like venue, time, day etc. Other lady finally told her if she wanted to find another group to doso!!! Didnt like anything. No books mentioned she liked.

Today we had early service. Then kids hunted eggs and breakfast. Home for a nap. Have to be up early tomorrow. Predicting more weather on Wednesday.

P: potato pancakes

Q. Next
Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  Nice to see our Buzzzie Bee - you have been busy!  Sorry to hear about your friend in the ER.  Hope she recovers soon.  Traffic is horrible all over lately!  The book club lady should find another club that meets her requirements - Good Luck.

We had an impromtu Easter dinner with friends and 2 of their 5 boys.  Very nice, fun family.  It was sort of a potluck and enjoyed by all.  The weather was beauttiful, sunny,warm and breezy.  I hope everyone had a nice Easter as well.

Another warm one - 83 today and as kittyfan said, weather/rain Wednesday.  I will be playing Catch Up Monday today - any others want have to play?

Pasing the coffee ~

Q - this one is unfamiliar to me 🙄 so I will save it for someone else???

R - Ricotta cheese

S is next unless you are "someone else"

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Q ~ NEXT ... saving for someone

Good morning friends ... hi kittyfan! good to see you ... I, too, hope your friend gets better soon ... and ugh! the woman in the book club who just doesn't seem to be satisfied with anything!! sometimes (even though we don't agree with something) we have to go with the flow ... or like cookie says move on!!

cookie, glad you were able to enjoy a nice impromtu Easter dinner ... those are the best kind!!

walker, it sounds like you had a good day too ... starting with Mimosas at breakfast, getting your UB in while waiting for the next round ...

We did have a good dinner too ... usually at Easter we have a much smaller menu (which I like because the prep work isn't as bad as Thanksgiving) ... we had ham, cheesy potatoes and a cabbage/pineapple salad along with an olive tray ... simple!! yet good ... (we only had to chase DM out of our way of couple of times Woman Very Happy)

I have my "check-up" dentist appointment this morning .. ugh!! and then home to join cookie in playing catch up ... Have a good Monday ... sunny and 62 today ... pouring and passing.

S ~ Salad

T ~ NEXT