Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Hello ... walker, how is the winter-purge going?? I actually just brought 4 boxes of items to the Goodwill this weekend ... most were knick knacks from around the house ...  I'm the one that has trouble letting go ... when we were dropping them off I started going through the boxes and said to DH "are you sure "we" want to get of this?" haha! ... his reponse was "yes, you have to let it go." ... it's hard!! but now I have empty spots that I can fill in again ... Woman LOL

You may still be able to see the moon tonight if it is not too cloudy ...

See you later ...

J ~ Jello

K ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Hi there .... cute story about going to Goodwill, Tootie, not sure if you want to let go!  It seems there is always one in a relationship that holds on and other easily lets go.  Guess that is a good thing.

I did not get my purge-project started today.  We are suppose to have bad weather tomorrow so I decided I better get out today.  I ran to store, then baked banana bread, did laundry and took a walk.  It really was a nice bright day!  But...purging will start soon.  Today I was feeling guilty because I have so many coats.  Some people can't afford one and I have several coats and jackets.  I even have two of QM's that I thought I might wear....or sentimentally could not get rid of.....but, after three years they haven't been worn.....time to let go.

I will look for that moon tonight!

See you later.  Hope everyone has a "bright" evening! 😀

K .... Kraft Cheese

NEXT ..... L

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~ How brave you are Tootie!  It is so hard to get rid of emotional cement and I have several boxes in $torage to prove it!  One day........  

Laughing at too many coats walker.  The only coat I ever had/needed was a beautiful reversible rain coat when I was in HS.  I kept that coat for years and hardly wore it - not much rain in So. CA.  I haven't been cold enough to wear my Michelin Man jacket either!  I am puffy enough 😏.

No rain today!!!!! Yay!  We will be 63 later.  Time to get off the roller coaster.  Catching up with the mud today - oh joy.  Dogs and mud. 

I will try to remember to look at the moon -maybe in the very early am hours when I'm up.

Passing the coffee ~  laced with ipecac for FG!

L - Lace cookies

M is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... yes, letting go is very hard ... in my recent case DH was able to give me a push to let things go (still tough to do) ... walker, good luck with letting go of the coats from QM ... I have a sweater that was my DF's rolled up in the bottom drawer of an extra dresser ... why?? just because it was his ... but I can't get rid of it ...

walker, I guess we are going to get the same weather today ... snow, sleet and rain ... another stay inside day ... 17 now and our high will be 35!!

cookie, those lace cookies sound interesting (I googled them) ... have you ever made them??

Have a good day ... pouring and passing ... cookie, laughing at your ipecac comment for FG ...

M ~ Mini Wheats

N ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends! 👋👋☃

Misery loves company and we are living it, Tootie!  Same day here....mixed bag ....snow, freezing rain, etc.  Sure hope it isn't too bad this afternoon as I have to meet my 3Amigos after school!  This has been a tough winter especially since Jan.....maybe harder because we have so many friends walking the beaches in FL.  Why are we staying up here? Crazy!  Maybe next year, I can get DH out of here for awhile. He worries about leaving the house for a long time. Another reason to sell!!!  WAH..😢..WAH..😥.. ..put your big girl panties on and deal with it!!!  😂

Tootie, believe it or not, I also saved a sweater of my father's!  I kept it for same reason.  He has been gone for 23 years and I finally donated it a few years ago.  It was hard to do.....guess I am feeling same now with QM's things.  

OH .... did not see moon...darn....cloud cover last night.

cookie, glad rain stopped (for now) but I remember the muddy paw problems.....ugh....used to keep an old towel by door.  

kittyfan, hope Boodles is improving.

Bye for now......Happy Wednesday!  Don't worry....be happy (remember that song?)....👑 Stop 😭!

N ... Nachos

NEXT ..... O

Honored Contributor

Hi there .... Miserable outside with freezing rain this morning.   But, I think temperatures are better so should be able to head out in a little while.  Forgot to add earlier....

🌷🌷SPRING IS ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!!! 🌷🌷

I have started ....very slowly....my purge-project...realizing I did pretty good last year with our church rummage sale.  

I like reading cookbooks and trying different recipes but....I have more cookbooks than I need.  I will start going through them again to see what to keep and what to donate.

Adios for now.......see you later......

O .... Oatmeal Cookies

NEXT ..... P

Respected Contributor

Hello ... we ended up with a 5 minute snow storm and then it turned to rain ... so far the ice has missed us but "might" find its way to us overnight ...

walker, that's kind of cool that you saved a sweater from your dad too ... and cookbooks??  last year I got rid of a lot of the ones I just didn't use ... I did save ones that I got from schools or churches and ones that have been passed down to me ... a lot of times I just go online for a recipe ... or even on here!! .. How are the Amigos doing??

cookie, hope your 63 degree weather is helping to dry up around your septic ...

kittyfan, hope Mr. Boodles is improving and how is Bella adjusting??

Have a good night ... Yay for Spring coming!!

P ~ Popcorn

Q ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My letter is up...I better check in!  Grandma is having her medicine....needed after this ugly weather day....and afternoon with my "usually" dear 3Amigos....today not so! They were uncooperative..all 3...didn't listen to me....after talking to them about doing homework three times.... I decided....not my problem!!  One did apologize for not listening.  This has to be the first time I have ever had such a problem with them.  Mom came home and I said.....BYE!  I think winter is getting to EVERYONE!  UGH!!  

I am with you, Tootie, on cookbooks....best ones are schools, churches, etc....home recipes or family books handed down.  I go online too if I have seen something on Food Network or I go to Pinterest..or HERE....right!  Why do I buy cookbooks?  HA!  Not so much anymore.

Isn't it sweet we both thought so much of our dads that we saved a sweater?  How special!  I just knew I needed to "let it go" as someday that is what my kids would do.  My brother still has, and sometimes wears, a robe that belonged to my father.

Better go......dinner time....or is it more WINE TIME?...HA! 

Q .... Quesadillas for Queen!

NEXT ....R

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  Up way too early this morning - 2:30!  big UB today will be necessary.  Another dreary day - 55 and overcast.

I am surprised to hear about the 3 Amigos being uncooperative!  I think you're right, the weather has gotten to everyone.  The only cookbooks I kept are the church ones and old family ones.  I save most of what I read on line and have so many recipes, I need the Dewey Decimal System or something similar for my computer recipe files. Implementation would be horrendous!

kittyfan, how is Mr. Boodles?  And Bella?  Dare I ask about FG?  Time for more coffee.  

Passing the coffee ~

R - Red apples

S is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... cookie, you were up early!! you will certainly need one big continuous UB today ...

walker ... uh oh, trouble times 3?? ... I guess that can happen  (but usually not on Grandmas watch ...) I'm sure next time they will be back to their own sweet ways ... Woman Happy ..

We will have a windy 35 degree day ... very windy weather brewing for Sunday ... (ugh, we've had a very windy winter!!)

Have a good day ... see you later ... pouring and passing ..

S ~ Spinach

T ~ NEXT