Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... we will have a cloudy and cold day ... 27 now with a high of 33. No major snow for a couple of days .. thinking of those in the South trying to deal with the snow ...

kittyfan, I agree with cookie ... you always seem to have a little bit of history and camaraderie associated with the interesting places you visit ... how fun!! ... and I hope the owner realizes they left their money in something and claims it too ... (that's one reason I go through the things I'm getting ready to donate again and again ... )

walker, glad you had a good weekend ... oh my gosh, cosmic bowling?? ... haven't done that in years ... I would have loved to see your crown jewels reflecting the lights from the disco ball ... haha!!

A weekend of UB's means a Catch Up Monday ... Have a good day ... pouring and passing ..

M ~ Make Mine (ours) a Mimosa ... Woman LOL

N ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!

More laughs to start my day .... my crown "glowing" at Cosmic bowling! 👑😂  Can't lose the Queen in the dark that way .......HA!   Thought it was cool that the bowling balls glowed!

Crazy weather patterns, eh?  Snow, ice, etc, in south...so unusual in that area.  I do remember living in NC and having a winter storm.  You just don't go out!!!  Too dangerous.....they are not as prepared to clear and treat roads.   Wait one day .... it will melt.

kittyfan, we should all meet at the Cafe....a special place!  Your experiences, and those you meet,  are always interesting.   And, I think you must be on everyone's speed dial" when they need something done!  

Catch up Monday here too!    See you later.

N ... Nabisco "Nilla" Wafers

NEXT ..... O

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  We are 32 right now, going up to 60 later.  Crazy, crazy weather.  I saw a very funny post in the Community Chat from Spurt -

47681705_1286731684801169_7860374722498789376_n.jpg

I am still laughing!!!!  

We are on Septic watch again - thank you heavy rains.  DD took a huge amount of laundry to the laundrymat - it's not $.25 a load anymore!!!!  They charge for water temp, amount of soil, etc.  -$450 per load.  Can't wait for some dry weather to have the pump guys out!

walker, your Cosmic bowling reminded me of how my G'daugher met her husband- 12 years ago!  She knew instantly she would marry him.  

Passing the coffee ~  (love Nilla wafers dunked in it)

O = Oatmeal with cranberries and pecans

P is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... hahaha cookie!! that article is so funny ... thanks for the laugh!! ... sorry to hear you're having issues with the tank again ... I haven't been to the laundromat in years ... can you imagine if that was someones only mode of washing/drying?? ... $$

Well ladies, today is the day ... we are officially done with my in-laws house ... the closing is this afternoon and it will no longer be ours ... bittersweet for all of us!! ... what will I do with all of my free time now?? haha!

How is everyone doing with the Christmas shopping?? I have two more gifts to go and then try to find where I hid the gifts Woman Surprised and start wrapping ...

Have a good day ... pouring and passing ... yum!! to the "O"

P ~ Paprika

Q ~ NEXT ... hmmm???

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!

Oh my gosh, is that funny, cookie!!!!  I am not part of Facebook so it really made laugh.  And, good luck getting through the septic issues again.  Tough doing without the laundry machines for long.  Thankfully, I have not had to use a laundromat in a long time.  But, when we take long trips I do use hotel machines.....not cheap!  

Tootie, definitely a bittersweet day for the family.  When I pass neighborhoods that have been around awhile, I often think "if that house could talk what stories/history would be told?" ......enjoy your memories.   Funny, I thought about my childhood home last night.

I think my Christmas shopping is done.  I need to take inventory and be sure.  I have everything in one bedroom.

Clock is ticking ....

Time for breakfast ...... nothing I "have to" do today ....maybe wrapping??   Happy Tuesday!

Q ..... Queen's Quiche  (I need to create a recipe.)

NEXT ...... R 

Valued Contributor

Hello again ~  I do have FB, but don't use it much at all.  I'm not into having 5 gazillion followers, etc.  but the article was funny!

Tootie, I hope you find the rest of your gifts.  Yesterday, I got already to finish wrapping and couldn't find my G'son and G'daugher's gift.  Every year I renew their AAA membership and this year it went into the trash!!!! I called the AAA and they will issue replacements after laughing at this old lady!

walker, I know the feeling - I used to drive by my old homes and get nostalgic.  Thankful for pictures and memories...

Great Q!!!!

R= Ribeye Steak

S is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

You're not kidding walker! The countdown til Christmas is really on ... two more weeks!! ... I found all my gifts and started wrapping ...

cookie, glad that you were able to get replacements for your AAA ... good thing you figured out you must have thrown them out or you'd still be looking for them!! haha!!

I'm waiting for the buzz of the dryer ... It is so cold and damp here ... it chills you to the bones!! and now is it raining ice crystals ...

Have a good afternoon ...

S ~ Sea Salt

T ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor
Good afternoon. Had a lovely day. The book club ladies had a Christmas gathering. Hostess lost her home in fires. Rebuilt on same spot. Was absolutely beautiful. Lovely gathering. They are all friends but welcomed me into their group. One lady is with Friends of Library and chose a book for each to fit our personalities. Mine was historical about texas. I joined friends but have been so busy with thrift store I haven't been able to participate as I hoped. We had a lovely lunch with a glass of wine and wonderful cake for dessert. Her dog "Holly" had a Cone as she had ear surgery. Sweet dog. She just laid close yo her mistress. They had yard art which was two digs--loved it. One was a poodle the other a smaller dog. Both white.

AAA membership is a super gift.

Well I thought I would never say this but the fence is almost complete. Yesterday got home after dark. So j really didn't look. This morning dashed out in my pjs to get something. Happy they weren't here! Came home to finding them working. I did smell and see smoke. They burned the old pockets in stages.

T: tiramisu

U: next
Honored Contributor

Time to check in-check out and dim the lights.....once again, time flies and day is done!

cookie, great gift....AAA membership ....glad they were able to help you "recover gift"!  

Tootie, wondering if you are celebrating tonight.  Bittersweet but, at least, you do not have to worry about house in winter.  

kittyfan, wow, might be getting closer to celebrating there with fence almost done!  Book Club sounds like a nice group.

Had good day .....weather great ....bright and sunny...ran to store, home and took walk....had lunch and then UB!  Then I went for a mani/pedi since I could put on sandals to go out.  Never entered bedroom with the gifts ....mañana! HA! 

cookie and Tootie are ahead of me!

Night all .... dimming lights ...rest well ....see you in the morning.

U ..... Unbleached Flour .....or UB!!!  😂  Take it or leave it!

NEXT ......V 

Respected Contributor

Right behind you walker!! ... We went out tonight so I could get my last two gifts .. and I did!! ... So shopping is done and wrapping is started ... I'll do some more tomorrow ...

kittyfan ... glad you had a good time at your Book Club Gathering ... and did I hear right??!! so happy that your fence is almost done ... we need to have a celebration when it is complete ...

While we were out curiosity got the better of us and we went past the house ... every single light (inside and out) was on!! when we were there we conserved the energy big time ... but it's not our house anymore!! what a weird feeling to think that someone else was in there ...

See everyone in the morning .... good night!!

Oh look!! I got the ....

V ~ hmm .. VELVEETA!! Mini Blocks

W ~ NEXT