Respected Contributor

Related imageCHEESE!!!!

Kittyfan, it sounds like you had a good luncheon with your friends.  How nice that you get to see them once a month and just catch up with life!!

Looks like I get the V ... hmmmm ...

V ~ VELVEETA ....

W ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~ Still chuckling at your pic Tootie!  I needed that.

Too much rain/water?  Our septic tank has no where to drain - it is full from all the rain - this presents an expensive problem.  I love the rain, but restricting the water use when there is an overload of it??????  Country living has it's perks, but this is not one of them!

Came cross a Dutch Butter Cake that sounds so good, so I thought I'd share ~

Dutch Butter Cake 
10-20-18

Ingredients:
2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
8 ounces (1 cup) unsalted butter
2/3 cup (150 grams) sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 baking dish with foil.
Melt the butter and mix it with the flour, sugar, and salt until just combined. Don’t overmix. Press into the bottom of prepared pan.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until the edges just start to turn golden. The middle will still VERY gooey, but the cake is definitely done at this point. Allow to cool completely before removing foil from pan and cutting into squares. Enjoy!
If using salted butter, just omit the salt from this recipe.

Of course, it is calorie, carb, and fat free - lol.  I have never heard of this before, but it sounds like some cookies I have made in the past.  

Passing the coffee ~

W - wasabi

X is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends .... cookie, that cake sounds good and easy to make ... thanks for posting it! .... ugh! the trouble with septic tanks (my grandparents had one at their summer home so I know what can happen  Woman Surprised ) ... hope you are able to get it taken care of ...

We, (and I mean DH) took our AC units out of the windows yesterday ... last year we took them out super early and it was really hot after that ... didn't want to make that same mistake this year ...

Today we will have a mild 54 degree day .... I sure hope it stops raining by cookie and kittyfan soon ...

Have a good Saturday ... see you later ... walker, hope you are having good weather and a good time ... pouring and passing!

X ~ Xxxxing out the rain and sending the sunshine ...

Y ~ Yellow Mustard

Z or back to A ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor
Lol. At my age I wouldn't won't go do the slumber party again. Worked fish fry at church. This morning Got up for thrift store. Ran into two ladies from church. Was moderately busy but yesterday was very busy. Buzzed to Cafe. Enjoying some lemon ricotta pancakes with blueberry compote. Then I will go by quilt room. We have coats in closet. If good enough I will brting here. If too worn I have a contact who will distribute them to the homeless.

V: vegetable

W: next
Respected Contributor

We had a rainy day here ...

kittyfan, I often wondered what happened to really worn out clothes when people donated them to Thrift stores and now I know ... (at least at your store) ... what a great idea to have someone be able to distribute them to the homeless!!

cookie, how is the septic issue??

walker, hope all is going well with you ..

Have a good night .... oh kittyfan, I think you forgot to "flip the page" ... no problem, I'll just pick it up where we left off ...

Z ~ Ziploc Bags

A ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  Just checking in - no changes.  Today will be 69 with evening rain which may or may not happen.  Still soggy with septic being full of water with no place to go.  

kittyfan, what a great idea to give the coats to the homeless.  There are so many who are cold.  

Enjoy your Sunday!

Passing the coffee ~

A = anise

B is next

Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... no news from me either cookie!! ... same ol' same ol' ...

We will have a cool day ... 36 now and our high will be 44!!

Off to church and then back home for paper and coffee ... celebrating DD's Birthday today ... going out for dinner and then to DS's for cake ...

Have a good day ... pouring and passing ...

B ~ Black Beans

C ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor
Flipping the page!!!

I loaded up the bags to take to recovery center. I said I had more and would be back in t3n minutes. By the time I get it ed they were just sorting, sizing and making lists. Not all my donations were from the store. Some bags came from my friend who was ddownsizxing after her DH passed. I had told her to leave anything in tgbee closet and I would take care of it. She never said anything but I am certain that was her work. They were delighted to receive the items.

Got home to f one my fence guy had been there. Two new gaping holes. He knows I have dogs. Today is sunny. Rain redicgsd to begin again.

Tomorrow,is,early voting. I an t o vote early.

C: Cheetos.

D: next

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone........back again....fun weekend but weather could have been better.  Visit to Apple Orchard was a cold one with wind!!  Hot apple cider helped!  Wagon ride for picking apples was really chilly.  We quickly picked a bushel of apples and got back on wagon to return.  Then home for awhile before we all went bowling which was fun (and warm). We were suppose to go on a Haunted Train ride but, due to weather, most of us passed.  DS and one GS braved it and went...ha!  In afternoon, DH flew kites with another GS and I played games with other.  DIL took nap because she had a cold.  Later, I did get my UB too!  Needed energy for bowling!

cookie, thanks for posting that recipe....sounds yummy.  Hope the rains stop and you get the septic system problem resolved.  Tootie, funny pic of the cheese.  Hope you have a nice time celebrating DD's birthday.  kittyfan, glad to hear you are done with slumber parties!  And, what a nice way to pass on warm coats, etc, to homeless....such a need there.

Guess I better get my thoughts in order for week ahead.

What day is it?  HA.....my days and weeks are moving too fast!  Oh yeah......

Happy Sunday!!!  

D ..... Donuts with Hot Apple Cider....YUM!

NEXT .... E

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~ Nice to have you back walker!  Sounds like apple picking was cold and a lot of fun.  The haunted train sounds like something fun too.  Now it's time for a very long UB.  Royally deserved.

We had a glorious sunny day yesterday!  Hope today will mimic it.  More rain in the forecatt, but not storms.  We need to dry out.  

Lots of catch up today - that's what I get for LL'ng around all weekend.  Time for another cup of coffee,,,,,,,

Pouring and passing ~

E - eggplant

F is next