Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  

Happy Monday!  Stay cool.....sounds like we are all warm....guess that is how it should be in June...ha!  Forecast says cooler tomorrow and rest of the week for us.

cookie, glad you enjoyed lunch out with SIL's family....and that you enjoy them so much.  Tootie, nice of you to make the cemetary visits and they are close.  My parents are buried in Michigan and DH are in Ohio.  Unfortunately, we don't get by much but nice when we do....then we say...wow, seems like yesterday that they passed....20+ years for my father and DH parents....QM 2 years and that has gone by fast!

Better get on with day....I have my "Wellness" check-up this afternoon....hope I get a passing grade....ha!!

See you later.....have a nice day.

W ... Water .... Drink plenty!

NEXT .... X or not

Respected Contributor

Hello .... it started raining about 3pm and right now it is a light rain ... the skies are very gray ... I'm just waiting for the heavens to open ...

walker, wow! QM has been gone 2 years already?? where does the time go? ... we are fortunate that we can visit the cemetary whenever we want to ... my DF and grandparents are in one that is about 20 minutes from my house and my in-laws are about 10 minutes away ... How did your doctor visit go?? did you pass with flying colors??

Hope everyone is having a good afternoon .... kittyan, hope all is well with you ..

X ~ Xtra hot and xtra heavy rain predicted ...

Y ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

TIme to dim our lights ....yet again....boy, how these days fly!  We have storms rolling through now.  Hot and humid day.  Hopefully, rain will cool us off.

My check-up went well....passed with a couple "needs to improve".....story of my life!!!  HA! Fortunately, I only take one medication for blood pressure....low dose and my BP is doing well.  But, I have taken vitamin supplements...one being calcium......anyone else take that?  My doctor took me off because....NOW...NEW FINDINGS say no-no to calcium.....may cause too many deposits in arteries...and more heart disease.  OK, just bought new supply of calcium....geez....what do we believe anymore?  I am beginning to think....hey, if I don't feel well, I will call the doc....otherwise....stick to my own routine.  🙄  Grandma's Meds are BEST!

Bye for now......keep laughing...good for health!

Y ... Yogurt 

NEXT .... Z 

Respected Contributor

Hello ... walker, glad to hear that "most" went well with your check-up ... I like your idea of just taking Grandma's Meds ... I do take calcium too and am going to ask my doctor about that when I go next week for my check-up ... tomorrow morning I have my mammo appointment ... ugh!! not a favorite ... and where I go, they (pretty much) make you wait for the results .. if you don't wait and they have to do another type of test they charge you a co-pay!! (depending on the test)  ..

Have a good night ...

Z ~ Zzzzz .. good night!!

A ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~ Good news on your check up walker!  It's always something.  G'ma's Meds Maintenance Plan is the answer.  Tootie, sounds like quite a cheeky way to make patients pay and pay and pay.  Never heard of this.  Take a book or something to do if you have to wait - it always seems they call you right away when you do and when you don't, you wait forever!

We will be 79 with rain and humidity today.  I have a PT coming this afternoon and hope he can show me some more ways to improve balance - can't do G'ma's Meds as that seems to  contribute to the problem.  Haha

How about we all create and make a pact to not get any older??? I'm in!  Thanks for the calcium info.  I take a multi vitamin but not straight calcium.  I wonder how much is too much?  Google is my friend.

Passing the coffee ~

A = Always something or Apple Fritters

B is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!

Up early today so jumping in ahead of Tootie...better hurry so the Bump Dance doesn't start!

Sign me up for the Anti-Aging Pact!!!  Time to just have fun ......not get older.....HA!  Age and problems we don't need. Oh well.....dream on and keep laughing!  cookie, hope PT goes well.....need to get you "well-balanced" again! 

Tootie, I will be interested in what your doctor says about calcium.  A friend of mine said yesterday that her doctor took her off it three years ago.  Interesting.  One of the reasons I quit taking a multi-vitamin and fish oil is because I "think" I eat pretty healthy foods.....most of the time.  Good diet is key.

Good luck with your mammogram appointment today, Tootie.  Hope you don't have to wait long. 

I better move on.....,pouring and passing coffee to Tootie.....and kittyfan??

Happy Tuesday!

B .... Breadsticks

NEXT .... C 

Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... I'm back and everything was good!! I only had to wait about 20 minutes for the results, but when waiting for those kind of results, it seemed like eternity!! ... I still take a multi and some others supplements ... at one point my cholesterol was "boderline" so the doctor told me to watch it ... I read labels like crazy and was very careful about it ... I ended up having tingling issues (hand and feet) which was caused by not getting enough B12 because I was watching the cholesterol ... ?? so you try to take care of one problem and cause another .... I give up too!! ... Grandma Meds please!! I try to eat healthy but it doesn't always work!! Woman Wink

cookie, good luck with your PT today .... pretty soon you'll be dancing circles around us ...

Hope everyone has a good day .... now, on to my chores!! .. pouring a cup of coffee and passing it on to kittyfan ...

See you later ...

C ~ Corn on the Cob

D ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Happy to hear your appointment went well today, Tootie, both on results and waiting time!  You are right though...20 minutes waiting on results may as well have been 2 hours!

cookie, how was your PT?  Good, I hope.  Was your Drill Sergeant around?  😂

Rainy morning here, then sun, now cloudy again....more rain to come.  At least it is cooler!

All for now........👋👋 .....

D .... Domino Sugar

NEXT .... E

Respected Contributor
Haven't been able to log on. Oh the good and then bad

I think I am on the crazy train. Was at thrift store. Another lady was there and a husband. He was telling us,about being held up T gunpoint. Well cleaning gal comes in. She has issue with mop which I knew I had washed the previous week. She does her thing. Bill and Jan come back. They stay a few minutes. Rebecca diminishes up. She leaves. I am waiting on washer. To finish. I go to ladies meeting. Crazy lady is there. She sharez,she is off her meds and has suicidal thoughts. I get home. Get a test did cleaning lady come. Apparently numerous people leave little traps. Another gal was there a nd taking pics. Hello. .if you ar3nt happy tell owner. My man no apt is Friday

E: egg salad

F: nexr
Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  I had a little trouble signing on this morning - frozen?  Nice to see you kittyfan.  You sure do have the crazies around the Thrift Store.  

Tootie, glad your appointment went well and the waiting time wasn't too bad.  What can you take that won't be bad - Every article you read is a little different from the last one.  I don't drink, but G'ma's Meds, her I come!

PT finally came - wow is he good looking!  Married and very nice.  He looks like a very dear friend (passed) and it was a little weird.  He gave me a sheet of excerises related to balance (my issues) and you do them at the kitchen sink 2 times a day.  I can do this!  Do I want to?  Not really, but will anyway for my health.  Nurse came earlier as a follow up and will be back as will the PT.  OT coming tomorrow.  Okay, I am ready to hide my introverted self...

Drill Sargeant was at work.  I am scheduling all visits around her work schedule.  She means well and I love her but I need to do this alone unless recommended by nurse/pt or ot.  She is becoming less of a DS when I just agree with her and go with the flow.  It does take two....

Another cooler -84 rainy day today.  Passing the coffee~

F - Frittatas

G is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.