Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

We got our power back!!!  At 1:45am this morning.  Lost it yesterday morning and, as power company said, should be back by 2:30 - they were so overworked - too many folks out of power and so cold outside.  

kittyfan, I heard pops too.  I didn't realize it was the trees dropping branches.  We lost branches heavy with freezing rain.  What a day!!!  We did have lightning and thunder in the early morning 2am Thursday.  I am through with this storm too!!!  Good news is we will be 49 today - yay!!!.

walker, hope you were able to stay warm and got a good read with the paper.  Freezing all over the place.  get back in your Lazy Girl chair and get some Uberrnation!

You went all out with that great "V" Tootie.  Hope you're staying warm and safe.  I will not go outside to get in the car and drive anywhere yet.  Crazy storms - DONE DONE and DONE with them!

Passing the coffee ~

Y - Yogurt

Z next

PS:  loved your X kittyfan💓🌺

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Valued Contributor

Had to copy this from Kachina in Community Chat ~

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣  Screenshot_20230202-133803_kindlephoto-216407124.png

Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... ugh, cookie and kittyfan, sorry you're having issues from the storm ... but glad you're both ok ... those ice storms can be dangerous!! ... kittyfan, thank goodness your tree didn't fall onto your house and thanks for the X wishes! .. and cookie, glad you're power came back on ... did you UB all day??

walker, I did notice the days getting longer 🙂 ... we're getting closer to Spring 🤞🌼🌷 ... we're cold today too ... our high for today is 8 ... with snow! ... another inside day.

Have a good day ... pouring and passing ... stay warm and safe my friends ...

Z ~ Zucchini

A ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends❣️  ☕️🥶

YES to the X, kittyfan!  So sorry about the storm there for you and cookie....tree down for you and power outage for cookie...scary...thankful the tree missed your house.  Also, nice you got someone out right away.

cookie, thanks for showing us the post about Phil's Ex.....Phyllis....so funny!  😂  Love it.  Glad you got the power back there....not funny losing power.

Not funny here today either..,think we are at -1 🥶 going to a high of 10!  Worse for Tootie...high of 8!  We are in the deep freeze zone.  Tomorrow we warm up to 30's and then...drum roll....40's early next week....Desi, check the air-conditioner! 🤣  

Happy Friday!  Definitely an Ubernation-Hibernation-WhateverNation...DAY here!  Oh, LaundryNation it will be!

Enjoy your day....watch out for the Chinese Spy Balloon....😳😠....must be looking for the SCC!!!  😉

Bye for now.....

A ..... Applesauce

NEXT .... B 

Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Hello friends ... I hope everyone was able to stay warm today ... we hovered at 8 degrees all day.

I was able to get through 2 bags of papers from the kids early years of "art" and schoolwork ... not sure why I saved what seems like every paper/test they ever got back ... by the time I was into the second bag it was a little easier to recycle ... I took pictures of more "artsy" things on my tablet ... I'll probably never go back and look at them but at least I know I have them ... now I can sleep easier ... 😏😂😂

I wish someone would do something about that Chinese balloon ... 😬

Hope everyone has a good night ...

B ~ Banana Bread

C ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Hi there.....just lost part of my message...😖..so maybe I need to be brief! 😅 No news...very cold...did not venture out.  

Tootie, I sure understand how hard it is to let go of special things.  Good that you took pictures.  Let it go...let it go...

Next...the grandkids will bring you artwork...ha!  

Sleep well everyone...see you in the morning.

C ..... Coffee!  ☕️

NEXT .... D 

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

Uh oh walker, losing parts of your message - not a good thing.  Isn't that the problem that messes with our kittyfan?😃  Hope it's not catching.  Maybe the message froze in space since it is so cold in your part of the world?  

Tootie, glad that you were able to take pictures of the "artwork" on your tablet.  My GS offered to do that for me including old pictures by laying them out on the bed and taking a picture of many at a time.  I don't think he knew what he was volunteering for since we haven't discussed this for a couple of years😃  I also have several very large bins full of family pictures in frames that no one wants to keep/store.  Kids don't want that kind of memories I guess.  Hard to let go of those sweet memories😥💖💖

kittyfan, hope you are well and okay.  DId you have any damages from the storm?  Lots of tree damages and so very cold.  I watched the branches fall off the tree in front of my window - huge icicles!  Glad it's over.  Stay warm and safe.

Passing the coffee ~

D - Dijon Mustard

E next

Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... oh no walker, the gremlins got your post ... they're probably saving all of our "lost" posts and making a book about SCC ... they're going to be rich!! 😂 it's going to be a best seller!!

cookie, it's a tough job getting rid of things, especially pictures ... maybe someday you'll get them out and have your GS take pictures of them (that's even a hard job to get them out and do that ... why do things have to be so difficult?) where is WandaWand?? ... I hope your ice storm is over and done with ... those are really no fun at all!! and am glad that you had no damage to the house ...

kittyfan, hope you are doing ok too and that you didn't have any more trees come down.

We are at 1 degree right now ... but, we'll have a heat wave today ... high of 30!! wooo whooo!! and hopefully we'll have some sun ... 😎

Have a good day ... no big plans for me ... pouring and passing ... stay warm!!

E ~ Eclair

F ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good Morning Friends!  ☕️☀️☀️☀️☀️

Happy Saturday!  Putting sun above for all....hope you have sunny day!  We are at 16 going to 38.  The next week looks to be very mild.  I'll take it!  I need to be out walking again! 

Tootie, I laughed at book about SCC!  When we do our "book signing"we can offer mimosas!  😂

cookie, funny you should mention pictures in frames.  I tackled that job this week.  I had way too many.  I took many apart...saved pictures but put them into albums which I had made years ago. (Kids can decide who keeps albums someday.).  I kept about six special ones out....wow, looks much better instead of cluttered!  There are some positives about things going digital today. 

One of the best gifts kids gave me is a Skylight picture frame. (Maybe I mentioned this before.)  I have an email address attached to it.  Family can send me photos any time.  I set the frame to come on at certain time and go off at certain time.  It tells when I have new pictures but just keeps scrolling all pictures on it.  I can delete from it too.  I just LOVE it!!  Very cool gift especially for grandparents.

Well.....babbling away here....so better wrap it up.  👋👋 to kittyfan.  Glad the TX ice storm has passed.  Did you get the fallen tree cleaned up?

See you later.

F .... Frosted Flakes...🐅..they are GRRRREAT!! 😁

NEXT ..... G 

Respected Contributor
Good morning. Sun is out. Good to see it. Called my tree guys. Argh. I know they are very busy. Yes I did sign a contract. Hopefully coming tomorrow morning. I think there is more that needs to be done but will deal with that another day.

I know family pictures are no longer precious memories. I have pictures also that fall into that category.

G: grapefruit from Texas

H: next