Respected Contributor
Good afternoon. Oh Tootie love the monikers for the kids rooms. Very creative!!!

Walker: boy you have a bunch of events. UnfortubatelybFL is in tge mix. I know you love going but it is a trip!

Called my insurance Co. Not a problem on my end. Issue on their end. She put me on hold to call but they were closed fir lunch. That has become a common pharmacy practice around here. I still need tetanus and flu. Thinking no.to more boosters. I had tge flu years ago and it was no fun. May try different pharmacy.

September already. We don't start to notice change until October.

I had a miserable sleepless night last night. Insomnia is no fun.

I did look to see when time changes. November. I would prefer no change. Just leave it alone.

Yesterday when I went by noticed my gas station had a new sign today saw on next door store was locked and pumps not on. I have a gas card I use there. On my way. I refuse to use credit card other than gas st pump. Hate extra steps of going inside. Will see. Too many horror stories. I do carry cash but prefer to just pay at end of month.

Tried to read my book club selection but couldn't get into it. I think I was since tired.

No news from my corner.

J: jimica

K: next

Honored Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone......turned out to be a warm day so I  did not walk after running errands this morning.  I will have to get out earlier tomorrow.  

kittyfan, our pharmacy closes for lunch too.  New here as well.  There seems to be shortages of help everywhere.  I thought pharmacy would be a good job but they seem to be short-staffed lately.  

Sure hope you sleep better tonight.  Sleepless nights are LONG!  

I am confused on Daylight Savings Time....thought we were done with it.  They did pass a bill to end it in the Senate but it won't be in effect until next year...Nov.  So, get ready to change clocks again in early November.  🙁

Night all!

K ..... Keurig Coffee Machine

NEXT ...L 

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

kittyfan, what a mess you had to deal with at your pharmacy!  Nothing seems to work properly anymore.  I've never heard of a pharmacy closing for lunch!??  The one I use (HEB close to me and Sun CIty) has never closed for lunch that I know of.  Strange things.  Sorry you had a miserable sleepless night.  Sure makes a difference in your day.🥱  I also do not like DST.  Leave it alone!  Enough confusing things going on😕

walker, do you think I should threaten the DST people with a DST crown?  Might get rid of DST in a hurry.🤣🤣 I like getting up when it's dark, but don't like going to bed when the sun is still out.  Loved DST as a kid.  I guess we will have to wait until next year to see if the Senate bill actually goes into effect. 

We will be 91 today.  Lab early this morning - 7am - then home to random chores and some paperwork.  Good to be inside.

Tootie, still laughing at Toddler and Waddler😂😂 New nicknames for LG and LS? 😄  Enjoy your nice weather while you can. 

Passing the coffee ~  or  breakfast Mimosas???  Tootie -  a new                                  invention?

L - Lima Beans

M - next 

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... kittyfan, I hope you can get into a routine of getting a good nights sleep everynight ... our pharmacy closes for lunch and my doctors office as well!! (12-1)

walker, this DST is driving me crazy ... if it's going to be stopped then let's just do it now ... I really don't like that it gets dark so early ...

cookie, good luck with your labs ... in and out, maybe?? ...

We had a beautiful "Fall" day yesterday ... our high was 70! today we'll be a lot warmer at 83 ...

Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

M ~ Mimosas ... it's Friday!! 🥂

N ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸🙏...☀️

Happy Friday!  Happy Labor Day Weekend...regular weekend here.  We are going to be about the same as TX today...hot and humid...ugh.  Bring on Fall temps...

Woke up "in a fog" from sleeping too long and a crazy dream.  So, I better drink my coffee and wake up.  Back later.....have a good day!  

N .... Nuts ....(my new FAV...Honey Roasted Almonds by 

Blue Diamond ...in bag...😋)

NEXT ... O 

Respected Contributor
Those buts sound delicious.

I know you ladies feel fall in tge air. Cookie and I just feel humidity. Cookie I think HEB probably doesn't do lunch closure. They ate so busy they probably have to keep coverage.

Doctor gave me some meds. Boy today I took as directed. Could hardly function will cut back.

Not much going on here.

Coffee pot ready

O: onions. Onion rings sound good tonight!!!

P: next

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

Woke up at 2am, went back to sleep (finally!) with crazy unhappy dreams until 4:30.  Got up and changed the sheets with Molly's help😏 Nothing planned for today.  Will enjoy a UB of course. We are cooler today - 82 with some rain. Had an in - out time at the Lab - YAY!

kittyfan, you are so right - I don't feel Fall, I just feel the humidity!😞 Sorry about the meds situation and the effects.  Good idea to cut back  Hope you are feeling better. 

Shout out to Tootie 🥂🌻 and walker 🌷 ~

Passing the coffee ~

P - Pinapple Mimosas

Q♛  - next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... kittyfan, I hope you can get that medicine adjusted so you don't feel so bad ... oh, onion rings? I haven't had those in a while ... they sure do sound good!

cookie, it sounds like you and walker had a rough night with crazy dreams ... I wonder what causes dreams to be like that? sometimes I can't even remember my dreams ... wow! we're going to be close to your temps today ... 84!!

walker, those almonds do sound good but I'm not a fan ... my go-to is dry roasted peanuts ...

No plans here for the Labor Day Weekend except just to enjoy our sunny and warm days while we can ... if the spirit moves me I may start cutting down some of my spent flowers ... my brown eyed susans and hibiscus are done for the season ...

Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

Q ~ Quiche for our Queen ... and all with a side of Mimosas!!

R ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸🙏...☀️

Love that Q, Tootie!  I'm ready....yum!  Happy Saturday!

No plans here for weekend either.  Maybe cookie's SIL will be out at the grill there...?

My backyard is at its peak!  All the hostas are in bloom...very pretty....flowers on my deck are even looking good.  Might be the last hurrah for the season.

Oh my, I am watching my morning news and they are doing a segment from Buffalo! 👋👋 Buffalo and Tootie!  "Buffalo" Wing Festival or something there? Looking yummy!  😁

kittyfan, hope you feel better once you get your meds adjusted.

Before I forget, my BIL sent message about the Bobby Flay show on Monday night....Bobby and Sophie go Coastal....this is apparently the program they rented car for so he "thinks" we will see more of it.  Either way I have enjoyed show.

OK....moving along ...... ready for my Quiche and Mimosas now....😅.  Have a good day....I will...😋.

R ..... Rice

NEXT .... S 

Respected Contributor

Oh yes walker! it's our annual Wing Fest, a two day event held at our Football Stadium ... restaurants from the area serve up their chicken wings ... all different varieties ... we've never gone to it ... I guess we're like old sticks in the mud as we have one particular place we like for wings and even at that we don't go very often ... they are good but not that great for you!!

I forgot all about the Bobby Flay show on Monday night ... I'll have to remember to watch it ... I'd like to see more of that car ...

See you later ...

S ~ Salad

T ~ NEXT