Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸☕️🇺🇦🙏....🌤

Happy Tuesday to all!  Happy day and week at TS, kittyfan, but sounds like it could be challenging.  Hope more volunteers show up to help.  

cookie, I love onion rings too.  Did you see the recipe here for Baked Vidalia Onion Rings?  I need to copy that...not sure I would make it because I don't know many friends/family who like onion rings.  Same with sweet potato fries....love them.  I order them if I am out as treat to myself.   

Tootie, have a fun day with LS.  Always better at your own home.  Then when she sleeps you can do other things..or take a UB...ha!  Sounds like LG is at a good daycare and will be nice for LS too.  

Flower shopping....frustrating!  I am late this year so had to go to three garden centers/nurseries to find what I wanted.  Things I wanted were gone or picked over.  I ended up with different types but change can be good.  I need to plant today because tomorrow will be rainy.

My letter is up....exciting.....🤔.....Quick....think.....

Q ..... QUICHE for Queen and Friends (w/mimosas..👍)

NEXT .... R 

Honored Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Hi friends.....I am SO SADDENED and SICK to hear the LATEST news today....school shooting....14 students, 1 teacher....OMG!!  WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING TO THIS SOCIETY??!!  This is awful!  

No other news....can't think I guess.....did take a walk and lilacs are blooming....such a sweet smell....planted my flowers....busy day ...tired....and now so sad...AGAIN! 
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏s for the victims, families and this society!

R ..... Root Beer

NEXT ....S 

Respected Contributor
I am shocked and saddened by the latest shooting event prayers for the families affected by this senseless event.

I didn't have TS today. We took a step back after covid. Volunteers enjoy it.

Yesterday I drove up. Noted a classic vehicle in the parking lot. Ond of tge volunteers. Walked in to see his wife Sally Sourpusd was there. She worked at a b ank. I am sure President!!! Now retired. I have never seen this woman crack a smile. I don't think she spoke to me anytime our paths crossed. She thinks she is star cashier so she will probably come. I can probably avoid her as I usually stay in the back.

Yesterday I worked baby clothes. Boy clothes usually aren't cute as tge girls!

They had a donation of some vintage model trains arrive .

My DH and I volunteered on the Austin Steam Train. Fun memories. We worked inside the cars.

Tommorrow we have tasks to complete but others stepped up to help out. We have a number of volunteers thar do specific areas. Some stepped up to assist. We all do have to work together. But don't leave everything out. Put your stuff away when you leave.

R: raspberries

S: next

Respected Contributor
We bumped I heard a report he shot his grandmother first. His mother. Was a teacher at the school.

S: strawberries

T: nexr

Respected Contributor

Hello friends ... WHAT THE HE L L  IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD?? another shooting??!! and this time kids and a teacher!!?? something has got to be done ... people (me included) are going to be afraid to go out anywhere ... thoughts and prayers to those children/teacher and their parents and families ...

walker, glad you got your flowers all planted ... I love the smell the lilacs ... we had two huge overgrown bushes in our yard when we moved into our house ... we DH dug them out ... I miss the smell but not the bushes, they were just too big!!

kittyfan, laughed at the newest character for your book, Sally Sourpuss ... you don't need someone like that working with people ... and to think she worked at a bank ... working inside the trains must have been very interesting ...

cookie, hope you had a good day.

I am tired ... we had LS all day and when DS came to pick her up he had LG with him ... when it was time to leave, LG did not want to go ... so we kept LG for dinner and brought him home later on ... but it was so nice out that he could play in the yard while LS watched from her stroller on the patio.

See you in the morning.

T ~ Thyme

U ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning ~ or is it?

I am so saddened by the latest horrible news here.  THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!  Tootie, you said it best - what the Hell is wrong with our world? Why are these crazy shooters just getting a slap on the hand????  

14 children, 1 teacher and his Grandmother.  This is happening all over and needs to be stopped!!  Police are getting shot and dying as well.  Scary to go anywhere.

Tootie, thanks for pointing out  another charcter for kittyfan's book.  I needed to smile.  Sally Sourpuss sounds like a real joy.  How fun to have LG join you and LS out on the patio and watch LG. Fun but a tired Grammie!

walker, I'll bet your garden is beautiful or on the way.  Lilacs smell so good, but as Tootie said - bushes are too big!  

kittyfan good luck with Sally Sourpuss - hope you can avoid her.  There's one in every workplace.  How interesting that you worked inside trains.  You have a lot of neat things to include in your book.  

Saw lightning and heard rain or hail last night and the TV signal was out for awhile. I did get some decent sleep afterwards though.  Today will be spent on adjusting to the changes they made to my Kindle. Another way to list books - NO THANKS - the other way was just fine. If it's not broken, don't fix it!!!

PRAYERS FOR  FAMILIES OF THE SHOOTING 

Passing the coffee ~

U - UB's of course.  Thanks Tootie fore leaving it for me

V next     Take it away Tootie! 

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... cookie, about a month ago DH put all my kindle books onto my iPad ... it's like learning all over again because the set up is so different ... I'm still not used to it ... it may take a while ...

I slept pretty good last night and my back is a little sore this morning .. not used to lugging around a baby ... UB's in store for me today ... 😁

Shout out to kittyfan and walker ... 👋👋

We'll have a sunny and 77 degree day ... Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

🤔V ~ VELVEETA ... 😊

W ~ NEXT

Thoughts for Texas ...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning Friends!  🙏🙏🙏🙏....

So nice to be with you....sharing thoughts on this ....another....horrific incident.....gun in hands of person with mental illness....anger....hatred....no morals...!  Why is it always a male?  Why? Why?  Everyone asks the same...no answers.  SAD!   Pictures on TV of these YOUNG INNOCENT children...and teachers!  OMG!   😢 

I am grateful two of my grandchildren had their last day of school yesterday!  How do parents send children off today?  With a lot of prayers!  In my opinion, EVERY school district in country should spend summertime setting security in place at ALL schools!

Will we have to set up metal detectors and have security everywhere....stores, churches, etc?  Mama Mia....

Sorry.....but glad we can share highs and lows of life.  We will move on....there is more good than evil.

See you all later......

W ..... Wax Paper

X .....  Xtra Prayers for victims and families..😢🙏 

NEXT .... 

Respected Contributor
Thanks for all your kind thoughts. I was at TS today. I knew one of our volunteers has a BIL from that town. Sadly a second cousin was lost.

Susan is a retired teacher. She taught elementary for over 30 years. Lots of insight.

My church denomination has a group of Goldens who are therapy dogs. In a tragedy they deploy across the country. Several located in Texas and have already arrived. Being a dog lover I know they are appreciated. I did meet one at a conference. I visited with him--',they have their own business catds---when I saw him the next day he made a point to come over to say hello.

TS was busy. We are fat and full for open on Friday.

Am glad my rotation is almost done. I do enjoy it fir the most part but prefer to work solo when I can slip.in on sale days.

We did get rain last night. About 2 am. Doesn't look like it had rained at all.

Y: yogurt. CAFE does a parafait with yogurt, fruit, and granola.

Z: next----zippjng past the sad news. So many conflicting reports. But senseless event with babies gone too soon.

A: next
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi there.....right behind you, kittyfan...no bump today.  I have peeled myself off the ceiling over sad news...awful but, we move on with prayers these senseless acts will end.  Much to do there!  

kittyfan, meant to tell you I think it is neat you and your DH had that train experience.  What fun!  I love trains.  Good luck with TS opening on Friday.  Bet those vintage model trains will go fast!  That Cafe yogurt sounds yummy.

Off and on rainy and gray day here.  Good for lawns and flowers. 

👋👋 to cookie and Tootie!  Hope you got your Kindle books problem fixed.  You are right, cookie, if it ain't broke don't fix it!  Updates for updates and more updates...drives me nuts!  🤷‍♀️

A ..... Apples

NEXT .... B