Honored Contributor

Hi friends.....I got my pedicure today ...pretty feet again..ha!  Came home, took a walk, took care of my birds ......funny.....I went to back of our lot where I have a birdbath which needed cleaning..something scampered and hopped onto fence..a SQUIRREL😳...just starring at me....I said....BE NICE....I AM THE NICE ONE HERE....haha....it scampered away...whew.  No sign of the family in tree by our deck...way to go DH! 😡

Just finished a book by Fern Michaels called Perfect Match.  I really enjoyed it....light, pleasant reading, little suspense but humorous too.  My mother used to read a lot of her books.  This is my first ....she has many.  Anyone else read her books?  For the longest time I did not read many books.  Now I have more time and enjoying it again.

That's it for me....OH...big day tomorrow....furniture will be delivered....😬🤞.

N ..... Nutmeg

NEXT ..... O 

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

A special greeting forTootie ~

Q Happy Birthday Cupcakes Tootie 9-15-21.jpg

This is to honor your day.  Just wait until Saturday, I'll bet walker has come up with some great ideas for the big party!  Some pretty toes too😊

walker, I remember reading Fern Michaels years ago.  Think I will look her up again.  I like Carolyn Brown who seems to be similar.  Watch out Kindle!  Cute squirrel sighting - taking his daily bath?  Hope the furniture arrives safely and on time.  It's been a loooooong time!

kittyfan, your memories of Carla made me remember the Earthquakes when I was a kid- we had to duck down and cover our heads under our desks until the teacher released us in a line to go outside.  Memories are good to have.

Passing the coffee ~

O -  Okra     - I'll pass

P is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... cookie, thank you for my Birthday greeting, it's cute and delicious looking!!

walker, cute story about the squirrel ... no attack, so he must have recognized that you were not the culprit .. haha!! ... is there another tree that they can claim as home (and then harass your DH??) 😂 ... Good Luck with your furniture delivery ... I'm sure once you see it, it will be perfect!! (it's going to be like Christmas morning ...) I'm not that big of a reader but I do remember reading some of Fern Michaels books ... I liked her style.  I'm going to check out my Kindle too.

kittyfan, keep enjoying those deer ... as long as they don't bother the dogs ...

We had another storm overnight and it is dark and dreary here right now ... it is supposed to clear up this afternoon but our high is only 69 for today ...

Have a good day ... pouring and passing ... I've never had okra.

P ~ Pumpkin Pie

Q ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🎈🎂🎉

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOOTIE!!!!!  💐🌹🌼

What a yummie greeting from cookie!!  Hope you have a relaxing, happy, delicious day ahead, Tootie!  Big celebration to follow on Saturday....finalizing plans but Chef is ready to go...washing and polishing his food truck!

He mentioned adding speakers to play music...oh boy.

I wasn't much of a reader for a long time...ha...if ever.....but, have started up thanks to some good books that kept my attention. Maybe Covid helped stuck at home.  Last year for my birthday I received the book Royal by Danielle Steel....very good.  So, decided to try another one of hers now.  I did really enjoy Fern Michaels though...check out Perfect Match.  Nancy Thayer (name?) writes easy reading too.  I got that recommendation here on Book Club.  Her series takes place on Nantucket Island.

Well, I feel better this morning about the squirrel family.  I looked out kitchen window and they were in the tree!  HA..haven't told DH yet!  I was afraid he killed them with his repellant.  We do have plenty of other trees in our yard. DH doesn't mind if they are in back of yard but not near house.  DH vs. Squirrels...so far squirrels are winning! 😂

Better get breakfast and be ready for delivery this morning.

I'll be baaaaack....hopefully, happy with furniture. 🤞😁

Q .... 🤔...🤔...QUICHE!!!  👍

NEXT .... R 

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the birthday wish walker!

I hope all goes well with the delivery ... and oh boy! a Food Truck with speakers??!! I better clear the driveway so we can use it as a dance floor ...

The squirrel saga continues ...

Living with wildlife: Tree squirrels | Washington Department of Fish &  Wildlife

... we're still here DH!!

See you later!!

R ~ Ravioli

S ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

LOL, Tootie!!!  So funny!!!  Perfect picture of squirrel family in our tree.  🤣🤣

Happy Birthday!  Happy Wednesday to all!

S .... Squirrel Madness Here or Still Waiting for delivery...

NEXT .... T 

Honored Contributor

UPDATE.....furniture arrived!  I am VERY PLEASED!!!  I love the fabrics I/we chose.  The side chair is a bit larger than I thought it would be....but, ok.  Everything seems to be made bigger these days.  Both are comfortable.  The couch is neutral...chair patterned and two pillows came with it that match that fabric...they go on couch...looks really good.  It all works well in the room.  I do think I am going to want a different type table in front of couch than one we have ....we'll see.  Anyway..relieved and happy here!  Worth the six month wait!  Such a nice local business to deal with from start to finish.  The delivery guys were so nice.  Furniture was made in Tennessee.

All for now......hope you are having a nice birthday, Tootie....your birthday...I got big present!  I will surely remember when I got it...haha.

T ..... Tartar Sauce

NEXT ..... U 

Respected Contributor

Hello ... walker that's great news!! glad you are so happy with your new furniture ... it sounds really nice!!

I'm having a good day ... we're going to order out from our favorite Italian place for dinner ...

Have a good afternoon ... see you later!

U ~ UB ... hmmm, on the new couch??

V ~ can't let it go ... VELVEETA 😁

W ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

Hello ladies~

Tootie - hope your day has been  happy and  lots of celebration!  Nice that you are eating out and good stuff too!!!   Squirrel picture is adorable.  Makes me want one 🤔

walker, your furniture sounds gorgeous!  Glad you were pleased and not surprised 😊  Bet you can't wait until Sunday - new seats for Church on the Couch.  

Good U Tootie!

W - watermelon

X is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor
Happy happy BD wishes. Italian sounds wonderful

Went to TS. Had a meeting to attend. Total waste if time. We could have done this in a two sentence e mail with space left. One of the ladies has moved her chair away from others. She was masked. One of the newer ladies not masked got close to her. The unmasked lady said she tested negative yesterdsy for international flight. Well masked volunteer said she could be a carrier. I know her mom is in her 90s in a care facility.

Then I went to Cafe. Picking up a cheesecake from Kristen for the domino ladies was parked. In shade. Heard someone call my name from.scross the street. Friendly hello. Then Sam crossed the street to say hi. Hewas masked up. Cheesecake was gorgeous.

Kristen delivered. We chatted for a bit and she headed on

WALKER: glad your furniture was good. It had been a long time since you ordered.

I have always loved to read. Sometimes more than others.

X: xtra Happy BD wishes and many more

Y: next