Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... we are at 39 now and will go up to a rainy 56 degrees ... we will not be having any more really warm weather so we are going to take the window air conditioners out ... hopefully, before it rains.

kittyfan, yes, the changing colors are absolutely beautiful and I never thought of it as a last delight from Mother Nature ... good thought!! ... glad you enjoyed your carrot cake!

cookie, I never thought about CB gift shop being online .. we don't go there much either but when we did I found some really cute seasonal decorations ... LG is growing too fast and is still scooting all around ...

walker, hope all is going well ... have fun!

Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

P ~ Pumpkin Muffins

Q ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor
Good evening. Went to TS today. They were a bit short handed so I got a job. Had I not I would have worked my area

The keys are still a mystery. I think probably they arrived in a donation. The lady working that area should have turned them in to the office rather than leaving them to be discovered. Oh well

Left the TS and zipped to Café. French onion soup. Yum. I was hungry as I didn't get a lunch break. It was so tasty. Git some to go to enjoy tomoorow--savory crepes. Will be my after church.

Hope queen is enjoying their foray

Speaking of queen her letter is up

Q:. Queen enjoys queso. Not sure she does but staple here

R:. Next
Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  Good point abbout the keys kittyfan.  I didn't think that they could belong to a donor.  The French Onion soup sounds soooo good.  Crepes?  You're all set for a great meal.  

Tootie enjoy your weather.  We will be 90 today!  It was 78 yesterday.  What the heck is going on with the weather???? 

Some of the Longhorns were out yesterday.  There was a large black beauty out there - haven't seen it since he/she was a baby.  Neighbor must have droves of them by now.  Always enjoy seeing them.

Our Queen must be having a well deserved royal time at the Lake.  What is SCC without our Queen?  It's the US that make it whole.  You were/are missed walker.  Safe travels on your return.

good Q kittyfan!!!

Passing the coffee ~

R - Ranch dressing

S is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... oooh kittyfan, glad you got to enjoy some French Onion soup and more to take home ... that is one good soup!! ... I never thought about the keys belonging to a donor either ... I bet occasionally you come across some odd items that weren't meant to be donated? ... like your Q and I do enjoy queso!

cookie, glad you enjoyed your weather yesterday with a glimpse of the Longhorns ... how fun!

walker, hope you are having a good time ...

We got our AC units out of the windows and they are tucked away until next year ... and for some reason (haha) I decided to wash all the windows ...

We'll have another 60 degree day ... hopefully, we can get the rest of the flowers cut down ...

Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

S ~ Sesame seeds

T ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Hello my friends!  🇺🇸😷🍁🍂

Back again.....thanks for all the good wishes and thinking of me.  Glad to be back.....and glad you are all well.  Believe it or not, I have never had Queso....but know I would like it!

We had a fun weekend although weather was not the best.

We went to the apple orchard which is so nice.  This year they had to close the restaurant, in a barn, where we enjoyed hot cider and doughnuts.  But, we were able to purchase doughnuts outside.  The boys picked pumpkins.

Then it began to drizzle....already cold and blustery.  DH and I passed on the apple picking but DS, DIL and boys went...quickest apple picking ever....ha!  Returned back to house for awhile and then we went bowling at a place nearby!!  There was only one other person in there so we weren't near anyone.  It was such fun....alley had turned down lights for "Cosmic Bowling".  Back home for pizza and call it a day.

The 3A's are such fun to be with....sure growing up fast...now 11....hope they continue to enjoy being with us. Oh, forgot....they really wanted to fly a kite which DH usually brings.  DH kept saying he thought it was too blustery but finally gave in.....well....up it went...and whooosh.....into a tall pine tree!  And, there it is now...ha! No way could they get it down.

Almost forgot....told my DIL in FL about mimosas at Cracker Barrel.  She said she knew about it....already had one at nearby CB restaurant and it was not good!!! HA!  She said very sugary-syrup....not like a good mimosa!  I always like the gift shop at CB too.

Time to throw together something for dinner.  It will be bed early for me tonight.  I am tired!  

See you all tomorrow.  

T .... Taco Seasoning

NEXT ..... U!  😄

Valued Contributor

Q Welcome Back.gif

Good morning ~ walker, sounds like everyone had a great time even with funky weather.  Too bad about the kite flying - no one to clmb the Pine tree?  😂    Cosmic bowling sounds like fun. I wondered about the Mimosas at CB.  Didn't expect ones of Tootie's caliber.  There is only one great Mimosa Maker - Our Tootie!!! 💖

Needless to say, you didn't miss much on the Court.  SCC missed our Queen!  

Thanks for saving the U for me.  I'll have to think hard.  Ouch, that hurts my brain.

Passing the coffee ~

U - it's UNANIMOUS  We are happy you're back!  

V is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... nice greeting cookie!! and I second it ... welcome back walker!!

walker, glad you had a good time even though Mother Nature didn't seem to cooperate for apple picking but you got to go bowling ... and I'm happy to hear that they cleared the place out for our Queen!! Woman Very Happy ... oh no! the kite in the tree!! well, I bet the boys still had fun trying to fly it with grandpa ... and don't worry walker, I'm sure the boys will continue to hang out with grandma and grandpa for a long time ... you are very involved with them and I don't think they will forget all the fun!! (even as they get older) Woman Very Happy

kittyfan, hope all is going well.

We got all our plants cut down yesterday ... DH didn't want to pull out the geraniums just yet (they are blooming like crazy!!) and we didn't put the grill away yet ... after working cutting/bagging the plants, our bodies were telling us it's time for a UB!!

Today we'll have a rainy day 50 degree day ... Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

V ~ VELVEETA ... couldn't think of anything else!! Woman Wink

W ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸😷🍁🍂

Oh my, thank you so much for the special greeting, cookie, and "second" by Tootie! And, what a nice U too! Great to be back with my best friends here!!!  SCC... ON or OFF Court...THE BEST!

No plans for today....get the laundry done and take a long UB...haha!  

Happy Monday!  See you later.  Stay well!

W .... Wonderful Friends Here!  or Wine!  😁🍷Cheers!

NEXT ..... X 

Respected Contributor
Hip hip hurray the gang is all here. Apple picking such fun. Cider-yum.

Yes we get some mistake donations. There was an older gentleman who donated some dishes. He must have been in big trouble at home. We were able to find them. They had been lpriced and put out. Another lady realizes she had gathered up the folder containing her insurance info etc. We found it. If we find something obviously in error we set it aside. Volunteers have been known to leave wallets and phones. I did leave my glasses once. I had gone to play train. Couldn't find them. Had everyone look. I had another pair do I would have been ok. Well got to thrift store and found them in a container. In my work area so now I am certain

On another note there was a vehicle air filter non a box. Well one of the fellas looked. It was used. I like to think it was not intentional but stranger things have happened

X:. Xing out the negative news. Tired of political campaigns. Hearing too much negative news about numbers rising. Nurse Brenda said she is inundated with recruiting emails. Offering sign up bonus and paying 70 per hour. She predicts another shutdown. She hasn't eaten out. I did last week. Very few people. Plastic utensils. I have visited the Cafe. When I have gone inside maybe one other person. I know they are fastidious.

Y:. Next
Honored Contributor

kittyfan, glad to see you today.....I can imagine the different "surprises" you may find in donations.  I would like to X-out the negative news too!  I would not be surprised if we get another lockdown...☹️.  The last time I got my haircut I told my gal to cut it a little shorter.  In back of my mind I must be preparing for a shutdown....hope not.

And, anyone planning Thanksgiving yet?  This weekend my DIL said her mom isn't having family dinner because she doesn't want everyone inside.  They have been gathering outside when weather was nice.  We are all undecided what we will do....wait and see for awhile, I guess.

Working on my laundry and not much else today...ha!

Hope you are all having a good Moanday.

Y ... Yellow Cake Mix

NEXT .... Z