Valued Contributor

Well, I'm home ~  No thanks to anyone.  Nicolai, where were you? They finally let me go because there was some obnoxious odors emanating from my person.  I must have stepped in it.  I found my DW and flew home.

Glad we got everythng looking so nice and the ride in the police car?  Wow an E ticket! I think I need to update my photos of our Queen.  They just wanted to have some fun, since we seem to have it all.  

BTW, Tootie, breakfast was delicious!

G = Good times with great friends (continuing the friends and fun vein)

H is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor
Fiddlesticks-/my missive disappeared!!

Went to thrift store to look for a bible for a friend. Found a nice copy. Looked around a bit. Picked up a few books. Picked up some great plates to take to the cafe. When I drove up to the thrift store I said. What is this junk-/not even junque. This group likes to do sidewalk. I have driven past for less!! That won't be on my week!!!

Then to cafe for lunch. Was there on Sunday with a bit of a negative experience. Told myself to be patient and muster on. Today two lovely young people stopped to visit with me and share. I am thinking mid to late 20s. The cafe is part of a recovery program--very unique in structure. The young man said it was movie night and he was looking forward yo that. The young lady shared her day yesterday and told me about their expansion plans--am looking forward to a more spacious concept. Rather like the thrift store--making it work. Then off to church to water the plants and set things in place for services.

Home in miserable heat. Heard heat index of 110. Heard that was a temp in another city. Hot and hotter

H: hootenanny. We should all meet at Cookies and just be entertained and Do a little hooting and eating those good SIL offerings!!
I: next
Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends .... Happy Fathers Day to all fathers ...

kittyfan, you had quite the experience at the cafe ... I like your thinking about being patient and giving them a second chance .... I like your "I" ...

cookie, glad you made it home ... we had another fun day!!

Hope walker and bigkat are enjoying their time away ...

A warm 84 degree day with thunderstorms this afternoon ... cookie and kittyfan, you are having some hot temps .... stay cool ... passing the coffee .... Have a good Sunday!

I ~ Ice Cubes ... sending bushels to cookie and kittyfan ...

J ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~ kittyfan, you do have some experiences!  A Hootenanny sounds fun!  

We have been enjoying septic problems.  Apparently, when the house was built and the tanks were installed, the installers chose to use smaller pipes than required and no one knew this until the septic company found out yesterday.  Oh joy. They pumped and pumped - almost overflowing .  They will be back Monday to do more.  At least we can shower and use the facilities.  No washers - clothes or dish.

DD is sressed out completely - too many problems costing big bucks.  She swerved to avoid hitting a deer the other night and wiped out 2 mailboxes set in concrete, banged up the front end, causing the airbags to deploy, giving her a huge bruise.  Thankfully, she was not injured nor was anyone else.When it rains, it pours......

It will be 100+ today, so I will remain inside.  It is 78 right now with a breeze.  

Pouring and passing ~

J = Just breathe calmly  or Jumbalaya

Respected Contributor
Cookie: on my goodness. When we had our septic put in we had to get permits and inspections. I understand it is worse now--more rules with more developments. Glad your DD wasn't injured

I had bought tix to an event at the Opera House. They cancelled so I got tix to an event in the next burg. I went to church-/our church doesn't have a nursery. This morning it seemed all the little ones were restless!! Thought about the cafe for lunch-/had a special menu but decided not to. I needed to be out for the play. The play was awesome. The venue was a bar/b-que establisent before being converted to a playhouse. Very up close and personal. It was excellent. I recognized many of casts from other plays. The playwright was in attendance. So happy I made this. I like the matinee.
K: keep on keeping on
L: nrxt
Respected Contributor

Hello ... oh cookie!! I would think that they should have inspected pipes when they put them in (like kittyfan said) and you wouldn't be going through this ... ugh!! ... and so sorry about your DD and am glad that she is OK ...

kittyfan, glad that you had a good time at your play ...

We ended up having thunderstorms with heavy rain this afternoon ... it cooled it down a little bit too!!

Hope everyone had a good day ... see you in the morning ..

L ~ Lettuce

M ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

Good morning~  So glad the septic stuff is over!!  None of us has ever had septic tanks before and we all learned something.  Combined with hot very muggy weather - UGH.  Felt sorry for the pumpers. Flies are gone with the smell.  Had to drive to DD's salon to use the facilities.

kittyfan, the play and the venue sound like a great time.  Our town has a little theatre, but I haven't ventured out yet.  

SIL took his dad fishing yesterday and he caught about 8 catfish and brought them home.  Big ones, but ugly.  I am not a fan of catfish, but am proud of him!

walker wherever you are, I hope you are having a wonderful time!  It is already 78 and like an oven outside.  Nothing new about our weather.  

Passing the coffee ~

M = mandarin oranges

N is next

Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... cookie, glad that your septic issue is all cleaned up ... I guess now that you know you have smaller pipes it will have to be maintained more often?? ...

Since I spent most of the weekend "cleaning out" my in-laws house, I now have to spend today doing mine ... ugh!! ...

We will have a cooler day ... high of 74 today ... cookie, you already passed that!! ... try to stay cool!!

Have a good day .... thinking of walker and bigkat ... pouring and passing!!

N ~ Noodles

O ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor
Good afternoon. Glad to hear your septic is operational. I do enjoy fried catfish. They are very unattractive creatures. Catfish very popular in these parts.

High of 74 oh my. Oh course I couldn't deal with your winter snow and ice

O: Orange jouice

P: nrxt
Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  Tootie, I don't envy you and your mega purging. Eventually, I will have to purge my storage spaces as the costs go up every 6 months or so and is definitely putting a huge dent in my finances.  

kittyfan, I have tried catfish three or four times and still do not care for it. I'm not real fond of fried fish.  I like it barbequed or grilled. I know it is quite popular here. 

Laundry and dusting the floors - dog hair accumulated every second! But, they're worth the trouble.  One of them got a love letterr from a skiunk the other night and oh boy did our house smell.  A guest who was spending the night let him out unkowingly at 2am.  DD used dish soap, vinegar and peroxide which worked very well.

Passing the coffee ~

P - Panko

Q is next      walker, this is for you!