Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... it's been snowing for most of the day ... and this afternoon we had "thunder snow" .. thunder and lightning ... and frozen drizzle ... we have about 4 inches of heavy wet snow ... ugh!! and are expecting more overnight.

walker, what a bummer that the soup didn't turn out like you would have liked ... I agree about the possiblity of ingredients getting lost as it travels from person to person ... but enjoy those veggies!! ... I laughed at your theory about choosing glasses by yourself ...

Have a good night ...

B ~ Butter

C ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the laugh, Tootie....I saw your post and thought...I must be on wrong message....she said Good morning friends...😂.....but, I refocused ...haha!  Blame it on weather!  

No news here ....we did not get as much snow as predicted....but, I am sure there will be more to come.  

Quiet day....started some of my winter cupboard/drawer cleaning, pitching organizing.  First up my spices....yikes...

they expire before I can use them up.  Some I keep anyway....some I pitch.

Now that you have my interesting news I am sure you will sleep well.  🤣 Night all.....see you in the morning.

C ..... Cumin

NEXT ..... D 

Respected Contributor
Thunder snow sounds COLD!!!

I need to do vehicle inspections. Looked at tires. Decided they didn't look bad but did see some issues. I had an apt last week which I rescheduled. Went in. Fella looked at tires and said they were ten years old. I do remember getting them but twn years!!! Said they had four tires at price quoted. I was ok with price. Checked in back and came back and said they were looking for 4th. Well they put tires on. I paid bill. Said they upgraded as they didn't find the 4th. It was the brand I had which I knew were very good. Without an apt 4 hour wait. I was in and out in about an hour.

On Monday got message from TS. Time to wash shelves and load. We have glassware and plastics. I said I couldn't come as I has an apt. Nurse Brenda and another lady went. Caveat was no heat/air. Bring water yo clean. No plumbing so portable potty. No thanks. Was happy to excuse myself. I think it was to early to set out glassware. But not my rodeo.

Coffee pot ready.

D: dill

E: next
Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

Oh the inspections..... new tires with a short wait -you were lucky kittyfan.  ten years is a long time for tires!  Good tthing you had an appointment and couldn't go to the TS and work with no plumbing, AC or heat😣  Hope they get it fixed soon.  the cleaning can wait with the glasswares.   

Tootie, - what in the world is thunder snow?  It sounds scary.  Thunder, lightning and frozen drizzle!!!  No thanks.  Hope you made it through with no calamities.  Wish we had some warm/hot sun to send up but we will only be 56 today.

walker, sorry the soup didn't turn out as you expected. Can you turn it into a cream of vegetable soup to change it up?  Or add some french or sour dough bread with cheese to it and call it French Vegetable Soup!   I also laughed at taking a friend with you to get your glasses 😂  So true.  

More of document research to day - then UB's!  Maybe laundry that got forgotten???  UB's win!🎇🧨

Passing the coffee ~

E - Egg Noodles

F next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... it is morning, isn't it??!! 😂😂 my mind must have been working in reverse yesterday ...

cookie, thundersnow is a thunderstorm with snow instead of rain ... we had quite the mix of weather yesterday and more today too ... good luck with your research today and enjoy your laundry UB's 😁

kittyfan, I would say no going to the TS as well ... no bathroom, heat or AC?? ... no thanks ... glassware can be taken care of later ... why would they load the shelves when there is still work to be done?? ... glad you were able to get your tires ...

walker, sorry I gave you a scare 😂 ... I do the same thing with my spices ... save some even though they are expired ... I think they just aren't as potent ... others, "why did I buy this?" ... have fun going through your drawers, you may find some hidden treasures 😉

Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

F ~ Flour sifter

G ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good Morning Friends!  ☕️☃️

Happy Thursday!  Good coffee....Good friends...Good laughs!  cookie.....Cream of Vegetable or French Vegetable Soup!!?  🤔....good ideas! 😂  I told DH he has to have a Soup and Sandwich meal soon so I can get it out of refrigerator.  Maybe I'll add some Cayenne Pepper or Red Pepper Flakes for some kick....LOL!  

Tootie, you are back on track here....laughing too at your "mind working in reverse" yesterday....I understand!!!  More often my mind just doesn't work period!!  

kittyfan, your timing was good at tire shop ...in and out with an upgrade too!  Good tires are important!!  Timing good also with appointment so you could not go to TS.

Definite ....SORRY, NO....with mention of no plumbing!  Or, I would work about one hour.  Can't wait to hear about the changes when you do go.

Well, going nowhere today....more light snow....hibernation season.....see you later.....

G ..... Gold Medal Flour (for sifter..😊)

NEXT ..... H 

Respected Contributor

Hello friends ... we had a miserable and cold day ... not much more snow but it is really cold here.

Poor LG was having trouble walking (he was limping) ... he kept crying saying his legs were sore ... they took him to the doctors this morning and he has "growing pains" .. treated with Motrin ... I've heard of growing pains but I guess I never really thought it was a real thing ... have your kids or grandkids ever had this?? neither one of mine did.

Have a good night ...

H ~ Ham

I ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Right behind you, Tootie.  We had early dinner and kitchen is closed!!  Cold, blustery and snow showers here today too..😕.

Growing pains....now going back several years but I think my boys had them....and I think GS (DD's son) had them.  I'll have to ask DD.  I remember them saying legs were uncomfortable but don't recall that it lasted very long.  I don't remember my DD or GD mentioning the problem.  Funny .... boy thing?  Hope LG feels better with that leg discomfort soon.

No other news here....not much happening in my hibernation cave....🤣.

I .... Iodized Salt

NEXT ... J 

Respected Contributor
Oh growing pains hope the meds are effective.

Not much going on in my world. Took trash cans to.edge of street. If they don't pick ip.i will cancel and go with another vendor.

Coffee pot ready.

J: jimica

K: next
Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

Tootie - those growing pains... Yes, my youngest had them. Doctor asked me if I noticed that he had grown over 3" in the last year. Apparently it is a real thing.  I was under a rock again😄  He is now 6:3".  Hope LG is doing better with the Motrin. 

Walker, you sure had some weather!  Funny how some boys get the growing pains and some do not.  I don't remember my other son getting them but he grew tall anyway - 6'3".  Obviously my second GS - the tall one had them because he is 6'5" now.  

kittyfan, trash collection can be a pain.  We have two different companies that collect on our street  Only a few neighbors that are different, but I still see a few trash cans out after "collection".  We have personally never  had any problems with the one we have used for 11 years.  Holidays excluded of course.  Hope your hand is getting closer to some help.  

Manicure this morning and to the Eye place,  then home for a good UB.  We will be 62 today and I can try to send some up North 🤞 

Passing the coffee ~

K - Kitchen utensils - we have way too many!

L  next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.