Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Hello friends ... oh boy kittyfan, 100 days until HO HO HO? and that time is going to fly by ... I will say that I have picked up a few gifts already ... but LG has his birthday a week before so when I see something I grab it!! ... 

We had a wake to go to this afternoon ... it was pretty tough to go to ... I have never been to a younger persons wake and this girl (the daughter of a longtime friend who we don't really get to see that much) was 28 (stroke 😲 I guess you just never know) ... too close in age to our DD .. there was a ton of people and we went to the earlier viewing to try and avoid that ... but the Funeral Home had it set up (with rope type barriers you see in the bank) ... loop through that, pay your respects, talk for a few minutes and then leave ... I just can't stop thinking of them!!

Have a good night ... see you later.

G ~ Green Beans

H ~ NEXT

YOU CAN SKIP MY NEXT POST ... NOT SURE WHY IT CAME UP TWICE AND I'M NOT SURE HOW TO DELETE IT!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello friends ... oh boy kittyfan, 100 days until HO HO HO? and that time is going to fly by ... I will say that I have picked up a few gifts already ... but LG has his birthday a week before so when I see something I grab it!! ... 

We had a wake to go to this afternoon ... it was pretty tough to go to ... I have never been to a younger persons wake and this girl (the daughter of a longtime friend who we don't really get to see that much) was 28 (stroke 😲 I guess you just never know) ... too close in age to our DD .. there was a ton of people and we went to the earlier viewing to try and avoid that ... but the Funeral Home had it set up (with rope type barriers you see in the bank) ... loop through that, pay your respects, talk for a few minutes and then leave ... I just can't stop thinking of them!!

Have a good night ... see you later.

G ~ Green Beans

H ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi there.....kittyfan, I don't think I want to fast forward 100 days to HOHOHO🎅...haha!  I'm sure it will come too soon!  

Tootie, sorry to hear about the sad wake...oh my...too young...and a stroke??  It does hit hard when the age is close to your DD's.  

I decided to go out for haircut today....my bargain gal but, truthfully, she does as good a job as former gal...for a lot less!!  Someday, maybe holidays, I will stop to see her and explain and give her a holiday gift.  My last visit I did tell her "this place is getting too expensive"...she knew.  Why do I feel guilty..?? Silly me.

Well, all for today....see you in the morning. 

H ..... Hot Dogs

NEXT ... I 

Respected Contributor
Oh so sad to lose someone so young. Peace and comfort.

Agreed Chfidtmas will be here soon enough.

Played dominos with friends. I have missed tge past few months. Chatty Cathy was in attendance. I didn't enjoy my visit. It seems we all have too much going on.

I: iceberg lettuce

J: next
Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

kittyfan - glad you got to play Dominos -sorry you didn't enjoy it - thanks to Chatty Cathy I guess. You hit the nail on the head - we have way too much going on.  It is like a giant balloon that is, in my case, ready to pop!  One thing after another - GO AWAY!!!  I also think Ho Ho Ho season is coming  too soon.  

Tootie, sorry about your friends daughter - too young.  I remember many years ago, one of our friends lost a 2 year old daughter - she drowned in G'parents pool.  So sad especially when they're young ones. It's  so hard to stop thinking of them. Smart you, picking up and grabbing gifts as you go - we can call you the Grabber. 

walker, hope your haircut turned out well - hope your crown(s) still fit - ha ha.  She may turn out to be your regular go to.  Nice of you to think of your previou$$ one.  Prices are going up fast.  DD just raised her prices - hard to do, but a necessary move.  

✨ HAVE A GREAT DAY 

Passing the coffee ~

J - Johnnycake   

K - next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... kittyfan, sorry you had a not so fun time at dominoes ... I'm sure people try to go to enjoy themselves but it sounds like ChattyCathy took over the show!

cookie, that's a tough one, losing a 2 year in the grandparents pool ... I can't even imagine how they feel ...

walker, I'm glad that you are happy with your new girl that cuts your hair ... I'm sure your old one understands and probably expected some people to move on ...

We're going to have some warmer temps this weekend ... high of 78 both days ... I smell some grilling!!

Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

K ~ Kettle Corn

L ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸🙏....☀️

Happy Saturday!  I did not get up until 7:00....late for me.  I woke up at 5:30 and thought ...I'll just stay in bed until 6:00...next thing I knew it was 7:00.  I was up and down a lot last night so guess that is why.  Makes no difference really....nothing on my dance card today.  😆💃

On Monday, if I wake up early, I will get up ....put my hat 👒 on and go to Queen's funeral.  Out of respect, I will not wear a crown....😅.  I guess her Majesty's crowns will all go to a museum maybe??  Her clothes and hats?  Wow...what a wardrobe!  Interesting to follow.  

Grilling sounds good, Tootie.  We better do it while we can, eh?  DH grilled a couple of delicious steaks this week that made two meals for us....worth the BIG price!

kittyfan, hope today is nice day....peaceful...no Chatty Cathy's...ha!  Do some people not realize how they constantly talk??  Guess not....I know a couple of gals like that.  

cookie, busy making any more cakes?  Ha! Rest up for  Oct/Nov birthdays...you're on!  I took a cake decorating

class once and all I got out of it was a few pounds from eating so much frosting...yummy...we had to make a lot to practice different things...and I LOVE frosting!

OK, babbling away....better move along....enjoy your day everyone...see you later.

L ..... Lemon Pudding/Pie Filling

NEXT .... M 

Respected Contributor

Hello friends ... walker, I plan on watching the Queens Funeral as well ... I read that it will start 6am Eastern Time ... DH ended up grilling chicken tonight ... we had a beautiful day here ... tomorrow more of the same!!

Have a good night ... see you tomorrow.

M ~ ?? MIMOSAS ... enjoy!!

N ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor
Good evening. Came home this morning. Idiot pulled pit in front of me. Has to dl a m on brakes. My bag went flying. Traffic was baked up both ways st some point. Emergency vehicles going other w a y. Didn't notice Nything but I was comcdntra t ing on roD.

Had difficulty sleeping last night. My friend was up early y fir a church event. Iwas awake when j hear d her alarm. She left Nf I headed on my way.

I cut i.Gins standing in miles long lines in the cold. I sm happy go watch the events televised.

Cookie: I am sure your DD has price increases on supplies. Etc.

Tootie: grilled chicken sounds good.

We got cheese takeout last night. Enjoying second half.

We watched tge Dateline last night. We were bought surprised they were featuring events do recent. I /hink there is a complicated tale. The fella certainly has some culpability in these events.

My aunt and uncle had a daughter drown this was before I was born. She was about Two. Back yard pond very sad indeed. Years ago a gal I worked with lost her daughter to SIDs. She was at work when she got the call. Very sad funeral.

Coffee pot ready.

N: noodles

O, next
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... no cookie??! hope everything is ok ... I'll try to be quick.

kittyfan, nowadays, it's every man for himself on the road ... you have to have eyes in the back of your head ... glad you didn't get yourself hurt from slamming on the brakes but I'm sure your blood pressure went sky high!! ... I hope you were able to get some sleep last night ...

Shout out to walker ...👋

Another warm day in store for us today ... Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

O ~ Onions

P ~ NEXT