Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

walker - Oh no - out of gas!!??  When is this goiing to stop!!😡😠 I also need gas.  Don't like to run on less than 1/2 tank. Hope you find some later.  Someone is making big $$$ and pulling all the strings. Greed!!!

Hi Tootie!  Saw this and immediately thought of you🤣😂🤣😂

Screenshot 2022-06-07 220457.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  It's not often that you see such a great tribute😂

kittyfan, we are going to be in the 100+ and it is way too warm.  Did Spring last longer than 3 days????  A stay indoors kind of day. Very thankful for AC.  Hope your TS meeting goes smoothly and you don't have to do any more men's pants 😄

STAY COOL AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!👓🥂☀️

Passing the coffee ~

D - Dumplings

E next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... hahaha cookie! thanks for thinking of me! ... the Velveeta Nail Polish is a great tribute ... too bad I didn't think of it 😁 ... I hope your 100 degree weather comes to an end soon ... that's too hot!! so enjoy your A/C today!

walker, no gas? I hope, too, that this is not a sign of things to come ... it's nice that you were able to shuttle your GS/GD to their sporting events ... how are the Three A's doing?

kittyfan, have a good day at the TS ...

We'll have a pleasant 73 degree day ... have a good ... pouring and passing.

E ~ Everything Bagel

F ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸🙏

😂😂😂....cookie, great find for Tootie...funny!  

Had fun with GS and GD yesterday..such good kids.  I noticed an unusual traffic problem when I went over.  When it was time to take GS to baseball, it was awful!  I guess a main road nearby had to be shut down for a bridge repair.  The detour was sent our way! Great!  So, instead of direct route, I decided to cut through a nearby neighborhood.  Ha! No luck! Traffic backed up there too.

Patience got us there!  Hope this does not last long.  Glad I don't have to be out everyday after 4pm.

My 3A's....guess they tried starting a lawn mowing service...not sure how that is going because so many people hire bigger landscaping companies...🥴..."A" for effort, guys!  One of boys has a dog walking job twice a week.  On top of all that, DS is helping them sell stuff on EBay...ha!  Learning young.....work for the $$$.

kittyfan, hope you have a good day at TS and get a "fun" spot to work in.....do you get jewelry there?

Rainy day ahead....guess I'll stay in....will let you know when I get out for gas....bet I pay close to $6 gallon.

Happy Wednesday to all!  See you later.  OH...I bought Vidalia onions yesterday...they come in this time of year....tempted to make that baked onion ring recipe here but I would eat them all.  QM used to make a Chicken and Vidalia onion dish that was good.  Anyone else use these?

Babbling brook here again...bye, bye.

F ..... French's Mustard

NEXT ... G 

Respected Contributor
Good evening. Hot day in our world.

Went to TS. Beverly didn't realize I had tagged all the baby clothes. Thought they had to be done. Nope just needed to be hung up and pit on rack. Baby clothes packed.

Meeting was a bore. However at end Marcka said she was anxious to start expansion. Woe Nelly. Not so fast. Now is not the time to commit to a big financial obligation. In addition we don't have the volunteers to do more. We pulled together to cover but no extras.

Will see. I missed book club to attend e nd meeting. Not my committment but filled in.
Arrived to find they had new gravel on parking area. Really slick. I had a spot I parked and it was level. Argh.

I know the 3 As will be successful young men. Dad working with them to be chive.

Velvetta nail polish!!!! I am thinking Cookie did bot choose this color!

Love onion rings. Vidalia onions are so sweet. Texas has 1015 onions. Very similar. Developed st TX A and M. Plant on October 15 thus name!!!

Coffee pot ready

G: green beans

H: next

Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... no cookie yet ... hope she didn't melt away ... I'll be quick!

kittyfan, everyone always has grand ideas (about expanding) but never think it all the way through ... bigger is not always better, especially if you don't have the help! ... glad that all the baby clothes are ready to go ... I bet they sell fast!!

walker, I do use Vidalia onions ... love them! I don't have a special recipe that I use them in ... I just use them as much as I can while they're available ... good for the A's working for some $$ ... and good for your DS for teaching them that ... they will carry that with them through life ... ugh!! summer construction is always so bad ... it seems that no matter which route you take, there's something going on!! ... I get so mad sometimes and wonder ... why now? do it in the winter when there's not so much traffic 😁 ... but we know that that will never happen .. ⛄

cookie, I hope all is well ...

I have to meet DD at the car dealer ... her car has yet another recall ... and then get her to work.

It's a miserable rainy cool day here ... our high is 66!! Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

H ~ Ham and Eggs

I ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

kittyfan, gravel parking lot - NO!  Gravel is so difficult to walk on unless you wear tennis shoes/sneakers.  Be very careful! Now is not the time to do much of anything let alone commit the TS to big financial obligations.  Glad you were able to cover without extras.  We are supposed to get a little cooler - 99 today.  Oh boy big deal, but it's something 😒  I love Vidalia onions and make onion sandwiches regularly.  The Vidalia onions make terrific onion rings - YUM!

walker, Did you ever find gas and get any?  QM's recipe sounds great!  Anything with Vidalia onions is wonderful.  Good going 3 A's!!!  Hope they all are successful with their job opportunies.  I'll bet you can give the one A some dog walking hints😄 Nice of your DS to help them with Ebay too.  Enjoy the rain if you get any.  I would welcome it instead of the 100+ we'll have for the week.😡🌞

So glad you liked the Velveeta Nail Polish Tribute Tootie🤣 Wonder if anyone actually bought it and used it???😏 Please feel free to send any extra rain you have - we can surely use it!  

I read that the less expensive gas stations are usng Methanol which can cause some costly damage to your car. DS paid $7.49 in San Diego the other day!!!  I think we are at $4.79 locally.  The stations on the way to my manicure were much, much more which to me is a huge rip off.  We're doomed to higher prices this summer😡

Passing the coffee ~

H - Hazel nuts

I next

Valued Contributor

Q BUMP.png

Sorry Tootie, I went to the kitchen for more coffee and got involved halfway through my post.  

I - Ice cream

J next

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸🙏

Enjoying my coffee with all of you....catching up together...nice way to start the day.

The TX heat must be coming north because I just heard next week we will see 90's.  A/C time again.  Too bad our rain hasn't moved south.  Yesterday was a rain out...spoiled plans for local car show.  The nerve of the weatherman!  Ha!

cookie, I did not get gas yet...wasn't out yesterday.  Sounds like CA wins the prize for highest prices!  We will be back to a pandemic time again with people staying home!  

Guess I better start fixing my Vidalia onions...yum.  I searched here and found a few recipes.  Guess I did not save QM's recipe because DH is not an onion lover and I thought I'd be eating them all.  As I recall, she sliced a couple of Vidalia onions (thick) and put in bottom of baking dish.  Then she put chicken breasts on top....sprinkled with seasonings...mixed can of Cream of chicken soup with something (I'll use white wine..ha)....baked...I'll guess 350 maybe 45 minutes or hour?  I'll let you know if I fix it.

kittyfan, it is good you attend those meetings...they need your voice of reason!  Even if they don't listen at least you can voice your opinion (and later think...I told you so😁).

Tootie, I laughed at your thoughts about construction...yes, winter would be good!  😂

Enjoying my time chatting and sipping but rambling on too....better move along.....Happy Thursday everyone!

J ..... Just a "pinch of salt" (how does that help a recipe?🤣)

NEXT .... K 

Respected Contributor
Good morning. Had a DDS apt but they called to reschedule. I had rescheduled once. Last week when I was sick thought it was that week. Called and was informed. It was this week. Happy to put it off!! Was lounging and considering getting going when phone rang.

TS had considered expansion. Before Covid and things were different. Not to mention economy. Well Marcia and her husband are involved in building. Her SIL is architect who drew up plans. With Covid things shelved. Now I don't think is a good time. She is anxious. I know many are not. We have continued to do well but things can turn.

I was recalling a conversation with my CPA. Her college son had a part time job. Reality when he started receiving pay checks!!

Onion sandwich with tomato sounds wonderful.walker your recipie sounds delicious. Actually we were talking about onion sandwiches at TS.

K: kale

L; next

Honored Contributor

Hi again......morning update.....got gas this morning...OMG...I almost went into Cardiac Arrest...$6.78 a gallon! 😳  OK...this is premium which DH likes...best for engine, blah, blah, blah....and it was name-brand gas.  Up to him if he wants to pay for premium...this could change.  Prices were....$5.88 regular, $6.28 for plus and then $6.78 for premium.  Good thing this car is fuel efficient and I don't have to fill up often.  This is getting beyond crazy....going into insanity!   MAMA MIA!!

Also, picked up my new glasses.  I am very pleased.  Guess you should listen to those who know better!

Might have to try an onion sandwich sometime.  I am making the chicken dish tonight so I will let you know how it turns out.

kittyfan, my thoughts exactly about DDS.  If they call to reschedule...."OH, TOO BAD..😂"....I have an appointment Monday coming up.🙄

See you later.

L ...... Lemons

NEXT .... M