Respected Contributor

Hello friends ... walker, glad to hear that you had a good visit with your friends ... laughed at the alligator being on the prowl!! ... safe travels as you make your way back home.

I am just so outraged right now ... there was a mass shooting in a grocery store about 1/2 hour away from me this afternoon (in a part of town that I've never been to) ... 10 people died and 3 are in the hospital ... the idiot livestreamed it as he was doing it!!!! so, so sick!! I just can't imagine ... he drove 4 hours to get here ... it's heartbreaking listening to the news! Prayers to those affected.

See you in the morning ...

S ~ Sugar

T ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor
Oh my. I did hear the news on the shooting. What a horrible turn if events. This world.

I saw on nrxt door that a lady leaving Walmaet at 10 am observed suspicious activity. Reported it and the outcome was someonecstealing catalytic converters. Took two. Apparently a three minute job. Then saw reports of Dollar Tree bring closed. New store. Only few weeks. Staffing issues. People don't want to work!!

Walker. Enjoy your return. Always good to break up the trip

Cookie: hot today. Ventured out for a few minutes. Back in. Even tried at dusk. Still miserable. We need rain.

Coffee pot ready.

T: tomatoes

U: next
Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

Tootie, I just read about the shooting in a NY grocery store.😠😠😢😢 1/2 an hour away from you is way too close! This is outrageous and hope the shooter getts lined up and shot by 10 people!!!  So sad for the victims and their families🙏  This seems to be happening all over😢

kittyfan, I also read about the catalytic converter thefts at a Walmart.  So sad what our beautiful country is becoming.  Sorry to hear about the Dollar Tree closing due to staffing issues after only a few weeks.  This is so hard on all concerned.  Yes, I agree we do need rain.  We can expect another hot day - with little to no rain predicted, just heat!

walker, glad to hear that you had such a nice visit - even with the Alligators on the lookout for their next meal.   Safe travels home.

A very quiet Saturday around here.  GS couldn't make it due to allergies kicking up and will try for today.  GS #2 stopped by and he's always enjoyable. These two GS's are so special and I'm sorry I do not really know my other two - they live in CA. 

Passing the coffee ~

U - UB's of course

V next 

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... cookie, I'm sure the shooter will get his day!! it's a sad and sick world!! ... glad you got to visit with one of your GS's yesterday ... I hope your other one is able to come and help you out today ... allergies are really bad this year!

kittyfan, the government (at least here) has made it way to easy for people to not have to work! gone are the days for people to take responsibility for anything ... so stealing catalytic convertors (a three minute "job") and selling, makes much more sense the some ...

Shout out to walker 👋

We had a massive downpour yesterday afternoon but it only lasted about 20 minutes ... today, a little bit cooler, high of 76 with thunderstorms ... we're going to DS's today for brunch ... just because!!

Have a good day ... pouring and passing ... 🤔 the V?? hmmm ..

V ~ VELVEETA 🥣

W ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor
Good afternoon. Toasty here.

Not much going on here.

Cookie: hope your tech support was able to help you out. My allergies are also on high gear.

Tootie: nice to do brunch. Always a nice time.

Walker: picturing you on the road again. Safe travels.

W: watermelon. The Cafe does a yummy mint/feta cheese watermelon salad. Special and limited but delicious.

X: next
Valued Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning ~

GS wasn't able to come over to fix the printer jam - his allergies are really bothering him.  He sounded awful on the phone.  We agreed to look for another printer that is suitable for older, tech challenged ladies😄 - my choice of words.  I also texted my DS in San Diego for his input and within 30 minutes, he texted back with - watch out for a package from Amazon Monday - Happy Mother' Day!  What a guy!  This one will not have all the scanning and faxing capabilities - which I never used.  This is the 4th Canon and they are great except for my issues with paper jams😣  It is cheaper to buy a new one than to have it fixed!!

Tootie, hope you enjoyed Brunch at your DS's house.  A 20 minute downpour is better than an all day one!  I agree with you that the Government has made it too easy not to work or take responsibility for themselves.  Sad for all concerned😒

The watermelon mint/feta cheese salad at the Cafe sounds great kittyfan!  Hope your allergies get better or go away.  

Shout out to walker ✨📢

Passing the coffee ~

X - X'ing out all the irresponsible, non working thieves out there

Y next

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... cookie, glad to hear that your son was able to get you a new "easy to use" printer ... hopefully, it's a "does not jam" one too!! 😉😊 ...

kittyfan, yum! that watermelon salad sounds delicious!! I may see if I can find a recipe for that online ... ugh! allergies seem to be very bad this year ... hope you can keep yours at bay ... mine were bothering me too and I don't really like to take anything for it because then I feel like a zombie (they make me really tired, even the "non-drowsy" ones) 🤷‍♀️

Hi to walker ... 👋🚗

We had a nice brunch yesterday and a fun time with LG/LS ... we went for a walk with LG ... he picked (and held so tight) a dandelion for mommy, by the time we got back home it was mutilated 😂 ... he also loves to gather pinecones from the tree at the corner ... DS texted this morning and said LG had to bring one in to daycare ... LS is starting to pull herself up on the furniture ...

Have a good day ... pouring and passing ... great X! ... high of 66 today with thunderstorms ...

Y ~ Yogurt

Z ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor
Good afternoon.

Another shooting. Oh my at church. I suspected we have members that carry during services. This was confirmed. I know a lady who always has her weapon in her purse!

FHG told me shelves would be empty by July 4! I take her predictions with a grain of salt!

Cookie: yes basic printer will serve you well. How sweet to get such service.

Tootie: oh the joy of the littles!! We all need to take a page from their book!!

Walker: hope you and Desi are doing well on the road!

The watermelon salad is basic. Not fancy. I am thinking just the three ingredients. Not sure if the watermelon comes from their gardens. They sometimes do a cantaloupe that is so good.

Z: zinfandel

A: next
Honored Contributor

Hello my friends......checking in from Ohio on my way home.  I feel like I have been traveling for a month!  Busy week!  Had the worst travel day yesterday!  Left DS's at 7AM expecting to get to friend's home in NC between 3-4PM.  What should have been about an 8 hour day of travel turned into 11 hours!!!  I-95 goes up the coast and is HEAVILY travelled.  Got just past Savannah, GA and traffic just stopped!!!  Good thing we had just been to a rest area because we were stuck on highway...creeping or not moving at all for an hour....due to idiot drivers and also two lanes for travel.  DH thinks people forgot how to drive during Covid.  Come on Georgia....what's with only two lanes on a highway like that one????  We finally got off and took side roads to connection.  Long story short....we finally got to NC...15 miles from friends and another complete stop...another accident!!!  Lucy's hair was flaming red and Desi was blowing his stack.  Two tired ugly Americans finally arrived...6PM....11 hours!!!  Mama Mia!  But, we had a really good time visiting them and had a delicious dinner.  One more travel day....alleluia!!  DS says..."start flying"!

I know I am behind here....but, when I heard about that shooting in your area, Tootie, I thought of you.  Too close!  This is just awful.  Then I heard about church shooting...maybe one you mentioned, kittyfan.  I am beginning to wonder how many people are carrying guns with them these days.  Scary!  You are right, cookie...."so sad what this beautiful country is becoming".

cookie, did your new printer arrive?  Nice of DS to help do that for you.  Hope you don't have problem setting it up.

Tootie, nice to have brunch with family and stories about LG and dandelions take me back...so cute.

Thanks for thinking of me while away.....kittyfan...had to chuckle when you mentioned Lucy and Desi...not happy campers yesterday! 😆

All for now......back soon to regular schedule....home tomorrow. 

A ..... Almonds

NEXT ..... B 

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

walker, you really got some unplanned travel experiences!  From what I see and hear, the traffice is awful everywhere!!  Another Lucy and Desi episode!! Maybe kittyfan can include your trip in a chapter of her book😊 Her book will be 10 feet thick when she gets through with it😄😄 At least you enjoyed some time with your friends.  Glad to have you back!  Is that an empty bottle of G'ma's Meds???  

There also was a church shooting in Laguna Woods CA, a very nice part of Laguna, and was uncalled for!! People are just plain crazy and as Tootie has said, these crazy fools get off with a slap on the hand😠😡 I feel so sad for the people in Buffalo as well.  Outrageous and so painful to all.

Love the mutilated Dandelion story with LG.  I think all kids have brought one home to mom😊🥰  Such sweet memories.  Of course it was placed in a small vase of water forever💗 What is it with pine cones?  I had a coal kettle full of them that my GS collected.  He found several very large ones on a visit to the mountains.  Kids are so much fun when they are small.

kittyfan, the cantelope version of the salad sounds just a good as the watermelon one.  I wish I didn't live so far from S.A. or I would definitely visit the Cafe!  I don't/won't drive through Austin.  I thought LA traffic was bad - Austin is much worse!  And... I am a homebody now that I'm older.  

Printer arrived yesterday on time - thank you Amazon and DS! 💗 He will be available on Saturday in case I need help installing it.  Looks easy, just plug it in and hook it up to the computer.  It has wireless capabilities, but I prefer the old fashioned way with cords and wires.  

Passing the coffee ~

B - Banoffee Pie

C next