Honored Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Hi friends.....GD was here most of afternoon.  She is such fun but was very tired after her morning gymnastics competition.  Long day for DD and SIL...take GD to gymnastics....that takes a few hours....home...eat....DD took GS to basketball..three games .....SIL had to go to a Memorial Service.  I told GD I think they will all go to bed early tonight!!!  

GD arrived and saw puzzle....which had been at their house.  I have been struggling for two days on one section!  She came in and within 5 minutes had about 6 pieces in place...😳.  Not done yet....sky is left...ugh!

Tootie...GO BILLS!!!  Every home team this weekend has lost!  So, DH and I think Bills should win at KC! 🤞

kittyfan, I can relate to the dental anxiety!  Hate going!  I have always had bad teeth too.  When I was a kid my brother and I would go to dentist.  He would come out with no cavities .....I would have six!  😖 Now it is crowns!!  Maybe you will get lucky this time!  Glad you had nice lunch with HH before she moves....big change!  

More snow tonight....probably another inside day tomorrow.  See you all then.  Night all!  👋👋 to cookie.

V ..... Vermicelli covered in Velveeeeeta!  🤣

NEXT ..... W 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hello friends ... 5 minutes left and the Bills are behind ... I'm not watching, just listening ... hahaha!! ... DH says "there's still time!"

walker, that's a busy day for your grandkids (and parents) ... I agree, who schedules 3 games in one day?? I bet they all headed to bed early ... that's funny that your GD put some of the puzzle together so fast ...

kittyfan, (and walker) ... count me in too with the anxiety at the thought of the dentist ... I have a mouthful of crowns ... I try to think of "happy thoughts" while in the chair! ... I agree, no potlucks now!

cookie, I hope you had a good day ...

See you in the morning ... good V, walker!! ... ok, 2 minutes and we're still behind ... 🤞

W ~ Waffles

X ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

I don't know who won, but there was sure a lot of cheering/yelling around here.  I hybernated in my room - tired from gathering up tax stuff and trying hold onto what little sanity I have left.  I did enjoy a few UB's with the cats.

walker, you must have been falling down tired with all the game schedules yesterday. I'm not betting you  retired early, becuase I'm sure you would be the winner!!!  What a day!  Good decision on the puzzle. Maybe a smaller one next time?

kittyfan, glad you had a nice lunch with HH and got the VIP service as well!!!  You are definitely the Queen of the CafeI am not a dentist fan either.  My dad and mom also suffered bad teeth and the apple didn't fall far from the tree.  I did have a great dentist though.

Tootie, hope you enjoyed the "warmer" weather and iPad games. Do LG and LS enjoy the snow?  It is so cute to see kids playing in it.  

Happy Moanday everyone!

Passing the coffee ~

X - Xaiver soup - An Italian soupwith delicious parmesan dumplingsand  rich chicken broth .  (I had to look it up😊)

Y is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... well the Chiefs won (kudos to them) ... I only actually watched the last 5 minutes of the game which was probably the most exciting back and forth scoring! ... while I'm not a football fan, I just wish Buffalo could catch a break!! I feel bad for all the dedicated fans ... oh well, maybe next year!!

cookie, glad you were able to enjoy some UB's with your cats yesterday ... LG was out in the snow a couple days last week ... he loved it!! DS sent pics and a video ... unfortunately, the 2 feet of snow was too deep to let him crawl around in but he enjoyed "shoveling" it ... LS will enjoy it next year.

Shout out to walker and kittyfan ... 👋👋

Have a good day ... we're at 5 degrees now and our high will be 22 with snow ... pouring and passing.

Y ~ YUM! that Xavier Soup sounds good ...

Z ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸☕️☃️

🦬🏈👏👏👏👏👏....and 😱😥😫......holy guacamole what a football game!!!!!  There was a lot of yelling here too and mostly from me!!!   I was so excited when Bills went ahead at very end only to have game get tied up and then.....DARN....Kansas City got ball and touchdown.  I told DH I was so disappointed that I could not imagine how the Bills team and hometown fans felt!!  GOOD game!!!   Actually, all games were good this weekend.  

It is snowing here now.  Next few days bitter cold too.  Hibernation season here for sure!  I may have to get creative with cooking if I don't get out to store...haha.

I can imagine how cute LG was in snow there, Tootie.  Fun times.....remember how it took 30 minutes to get kids bundled up?  Then they go out and in 5 minutes it was ...I'm cold...can we go in?  HA!!!  NO!!! 😂

cookie, good X and soup does sound good!!  Good for you to get going on your tax stuff.  I heard there could be some problems with IRS phone system.  I wonder if it will affect returns.  🤔 Sooner you file the better, I guess.  What do I really know?? HA..Nothing!

Happy Monday!  👋👋 to kittyfan....I get hungry whenever you mention Cafe...😁.

Z .... Zero Degrees 🥶 or Zero Coke

NEXT .... A 

Respected Contributor
Oh my that soup sounds yummy. I am sure there was lots of yelling. I am not a gambler but I often wonder how many have lost more than they could afford.

Rainy day here. Just gentle rain. Scheduled to end soon.

Walker I know your GD is in gymnastics. I have a cousin in gymnastics. With all the practices and competitions I wonder when they rest. She is in HS now and verybinvvdd with that. One weekend competition was in area. Next weekend on coast. Mom must run herself ragged. Her DB is involved in baseball. Lots of games.

I am waiting on my tax info to arrive. It seems to be last minute. I take it somewhere. Last time I tried to do it myself wasn't easy. First I had to prove who I was. Then I thought I was getting money back. Alas had to pay a bundle. It's worth the fee for me to pay someone who likes doing this.

Will pop in later.

A: apple pie

B: next

Respected Contributor

Hello friends .... kittyfan, you're probably better off having someone else do your taxes .. you don't have to get a headache trying to figure things out ... good luck with your dentist appointment tomorrow ... you can do it!! SCC Strong 💪

walker, hahaha, oh the memories of bundling the kids and then them coming right back in ... it's funny to think of now but I'm sure back then it really wasn't ... 😂😂

We had snow all day long ... about 4 more inches!

Have a good night ...

B ~ Bologna

C ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor
Coffee is ready for Cookie to start us off. Sleep well.

C cantaloupe

D: next
Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

kittyfan, I have never done my own taxes.  Just getting things ready is enough stress.  I learned long ago to put any and all tax related documents in a file marked for taxes - it makes things so much easier for the pea brain.  Easier, but still unpleasant 😒  

Tootie, it is hard for me to imagine 5 degree weather. That is cold!!!  Sounds like LG had some fun in the snow and some cute  pictures to prove it.  Love seeing the kids bundled up like the Michelin man and trying to balance in snow😊  

walker, stay warm in hybernation!  How do you do it???  So cold.  I guess it's the same here with the heat.  Where is Spring when you need it? 

Passing the coffee ~   

D - Deviled eggs

E is next 

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... no new news from overnight ... we'll have another chilly 21 degree day with some snow ... cookie, did you say Spring??!!

Have a good day ... pouring and passing ... maybe I'll have some news next time I sign on ... 😁

Shout out to everyone ... 👋👋👋

E ~ Egg Poacher

F ~ NEXT