Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

Thank you walker (and kittyfan too) for jumping in so I didn't have to reply to myself!  I guess when you're the first one up, that's the door prize😊😃

kittyfan, I have read a few books about the Underground RR and the quilts and how they were used.  Very interesting - I love quilts!  I am debating about all the shots that seem to be more and more necessary. 

walker, I wasn't aware that the Shingles shot cost $$$.  I think my insurance covers it but will check just in case.  I know they cover the Pneumonia shot.  I am still on the fence with all these shots. 

Tootie, I agree - we're not a pincushion!!! 😃  I'll see what my doctor says at my appointment in December.  She always advises me to get these shots.  Wonder how the kids shots have changed, if at all.  So many.

Passing the coffee ~

P - Peach Mimosas

Q is next          

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... walker, after reading your comment about the shingle vaccine I decided it might be a good idea to get it now since I am still under DH's insurance ... so I am scheduled to go with DH Saturday morning.

DH is planning on retiring at the end of this year!! so I think you brought up a good point ... thank you! (I'll have to get my own insurance plan but who knows if it will be covered ..)

kittyfan, I bet the quilts were beautiful!! ... glad you enjoyed a nice meal ...

cookie, you made me laugh with your comment about coffee rings and crumbs on your newspaper ... 😄 no worries anymore!! .. unless you spill on your keyboard 😲

We'll have another sunny 57 degree day ... it's so nice to see the sun ...

Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

Q ~ Quiche or Quick Oats for our Queen

R ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸☕️🍁🎃

Happy Thursday to all!  I had a frustrating night last night...could not get to sleep!!!  That is unusual for me.  Seemed like I had a lot of caffeine before bed...must have been after midnight when I fell asleep.  Pass the coffee...thank you.  🥱

Oh no, Tootie, I sent you for another shot....sorry....seriously, probably a good thing.  My friend who told me about the $300 charge said her husband is retiring at end of year too so they were both getting shots before.  cookie, let us know what you find out from insurance.  I should check my supplemental insurance policy....but, think my pharmacist did check both coverages.  I did have pneumonia shot(s)...covered.

kittyfan, that must have been interesting to see those quilts.  I admire those who make them.  My mother was a wonderful seamstress but never did quilts.

Better get going.....of course, no paper again!!  May as well have my Quiche!!  😋 (I wish!)

R ..... Rice 

NEXT ..... S 

Respected Contributor
Good afternoon. It is a blustery day here. Cool temls heading our way. Holly and Jake under covers. That is not unusual but they look so cozy.

I am plodding through BC tome. Dry is an understatement

Insurance is such a puzzle. What is covered and what is not.

I understand about those restless nights. I have been having really bizarre dreams lately. I don't eat late and try to avoid caffeine later in afternoon.

I stopped the paper years ago. My neighbor who still subscribed has difficulty getting delivery. I think many read online.

I have a friend whose SUL worked at paper. This was a few years ago but he said paper costs and ink costs escalated. And the big ads they used to have were a big revenue source. I remember browsing the ads on Sunday.

Back to my tome. Will pop in later

S: salad--so many choices. Chicken, egg, TACO, seafood and the list goes on

T: next

Respected Contributor
Have been reading or trying to keep interested

Yesterday a cousin posted on FB she was having hip replacement. Went home same day. Another cousin said she had one a few years ago. I knew another cousin had one a few years ago.

Blustery day continues.

T: tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwich

U: next
Respected Contributor

Hello friends ... kittyfan, cold and blustery days are the best kind of day to read ... hope you were able to get interested in your book ... the pups have the right idea of staying under the covers .. haha!! ... wow, having hip replacement and coming home the same day??!! yikes!! I can't imagine that.

walker, I hope you were able to squeeze a nap in today ... otherwise you may be hitting the pillow early tonight ...

cookie, hope you had a good day.

We had a 57 degree day and we were able to crack the windows ... ahhhhh, fresh air!!

Have a good night ... see you tomorrow ... love the T, kittyfan!!

U ~ UB's for everyone ...

V ~ VELVEETA ... sorry, couldn't resist

W ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Hi friends...it has been a gray, gloomy, rainy day here...not a good motivator for anything!  Like you, kittyfan, I have a book that I have been reading but it is becoming a disappointment.  Energy on low side...Hopefully, I will fall asleep easier tonight.  One more week and we go through the time change dance again!🙄

I need new slippers.....almost went to grocery story with those new ones on again!!!!   Too much like shoes!!

All for now....see you in the morning. kittyfan always has coffee ready to go but, just in case, if she doesn't pop back in.....coffee pot ready.  Hmmmm....think I saw some mimosas in refrigerator....😂.

W ..... Wax Paper

NEXT .... X 

Respected Contributor
My book is not getting any better. Oh well. I have loved dome others not do much. This one not at all.

Well coffee ready for first early bird. Walker made sure there are mimosas.

Hoping all have a restful night and sweet dreams.

X: xtra stomach coffee and prompt paper delivery

Y: next
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Darn auto correct. STRONG COFFEE!!!
Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

walker, hope you got some good sleep.  I know how it affects us.  I have no problem going to sleep, just going back to sleep after waking up during the night.  Wanda Wand where are you?  I am on the fence with the Booster shots and will call my Insurance today to find out if it is covered.  Sorry, I was reading while enjoying the wind and got carried away.  

kittyfan, did your cousin really get to go home on the same day as her hip replacement?  Hard to believe, but in the day and age, anything is new and possible.  Hope she heals nicely.  Laughing at your Strong Stomach🤣 Don't you just love auto correct 😉  

We had lots of wind yesterday with pleasant temps.  Less today, but will enjoy it.  Manicure this morning and home to enjoy the breezes.. Loving it!!

Shout out to Tootie ~ Great U and V Tootie!😊🌻

Y - yellow squash

Z is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.