Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  Nice to see you MM.  To answer your question about the Air Fryer - yes, we have one.  DD used it a lot when we first got it, now not so much.  She has so many gadgets and different cooking/baking vessels that are great at first but lose their newness.  

How nice that your DS has such great friends to help him celebrate his special day.  My youngest DS is 51 but more tech inclined than sports.

We never got the storm and are supposeed to be 79 today and nice on Sunday as well.  More rain mid week.  Crazy weather!  

I agree with MissMadi - absolutel nothing going on here. 

Gad you didn't have to chase your trash cans Tootie - although the image of same gave me some laughs for which I thank you😊

Remember when we were riding the MGR?  Busy and tired from lots to do?  SCC ladies escapades?  How is your PD anyway Tootie? Haha, I' bet they miss us 🤣👮‍♂️👮‍♂️

Passing the coffee ~

W - Wasabi

X is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... cookie, if I did have to chase the totes I'm thinking it would be like a I Love Lucy episode .. I would just get up to it, try to grab it and the wind would take it away ... 🏃‍♀️

MissMadi, I do not have an air fryer ... my DS/DIL had one but they really didn't like it and gave it away ... they weren't happy with way it cooked the food ... it sounds like you are having the same kind of weather as me ... enjoy washing your car.

kittyfan, I bet you see a lot of different items come through the TS ... it's nice that you can get them for others.

Hi walker!!

Hope everyone has a good day ... LG is coming over today ... I'm hoping we can get outside in the yard with him ... sunny and 62 today ... pouring and passing.

X ~ Xtra Large Coffee

Y ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸☕️

Happy Saturday!  No news from me either.  Cloudy day but no rain here.  Next week I guess temperatures will hit 80! Winter/Spring/Summer roll together!

I do not have an Air Fryer, MissMadi.  I have reached a point where I am running out of space for things.  I just moved a Keurig to the basement because I got tired of looking at it on the counter.  I almost bought an Instapot because a friend has raved about hers.  Anyone have one of those?

kittyfan, thought of you as I read paper today.  In Home section there was an article about mixing vintage with modern.  On a desk/table was an old typewriter...ha!!!  I will say items like that are interesting and a conversation piece.

Tootie, have fun with LG today.  Time to put your running shoes on again.

cookie and kittyfan, about to cut up my California grapefruit...will let you know if I got a good one.

On with the day...enjoy....back later.

Y ..... Yellow Zucchini Squash

NEXT .... Z 

Respected Contributor

good evening. We had more than 4 inches of rain. No hail. Second  round didn't happen. Started pouring about 1 and poured till after 3.  Saw reports of street flooding. 

Oh how nice for friends to celebrate.

Special  memories

Tootsie enjoying her special fella. 

Walker hope your GF was yummy

Tommorrow going to Operra House. Do. A court reenactment. Each year for scholarships.  Celebrating my friend Julie's BD. She had time wrong. Hope she is on time!!!  This was a wild and wooly town in the the day. Audience is jury. Then they announce actual verdict. Missed last year due to Covid. Heard from my last boss. Her GS had covid. He is well and family didn't get it. 

Z:  zinfandel

A:  next

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello ... aahhhh, I had to sign on twice before I got here ... we had a beautiful day here and we were able to go out in the backyard with LG ... we had a blast!! it tired him (and us) out ... he was able to get in a 2 hour nap while we visited with the kids ... I guess grammie and grandpa will have to turn in early tonight ... hahaha!!

walker, I have an instant pot ... the 3qt. mini ... I didn't want a real big one ... the mini works well for 2 people but if you want to cook for more you would need a bigger one ... I did my corned beef in it this year ... I can't remember exactly how long it took but it was way less than on the stove for hours ... you have to allow at least 10 minutes for the pressure to build up and then at least another 10 when to release the steam when the food is cooked ... sometimes it's just as easy or quicker to cook on the stove ... the one food we like cooked in it is brown rice ... it takes 22 minutes to cook plus the 20 extra minutes ... a long time, but we love the way the rice is cooked.

Have a good night ... see you in the morning.

Z ~ Ziploc Bags

A ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor

BUMP ... Hi kittyfan ... wow, you had a lot of rain!! ... oh, you'll finally get to have your day in court ... haha!! ... have a good time ... that sounds like fun!!

A ~ Apple Pie

B ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Hi there......end of day.....DH grilled hamburgers tonight ...a treat....I said get used to it....I am tired of cooking!  Summertime...summertime!  

Tootie, my friend loves her corned beef in the Instant Pot...and other things too.  Maybe that is better kitchen item than Air Fryer?  

Lots of rain, kittyfan.....cookie, did you have it too?  We did have our California grapefruit.....it was ok...but, TX is better!! Guess we are spoiled...little sweetness there too.

Enjoy your Opera House program, kittyfan.

Tootie, glad you had fun with LG today outside.  Fresh air and exercise....good 😴 for all!  I had to laugh...talked to neighbor today who has first grandchild...6 months old...she said..what fun but exhausting...LOL!!!  

Night all.....til tomorrow....rest well...

B ..... Bread

NEXT ....C

Honored Contributor

Hi ....  that was interesting no one here likes or has an Air Fryer.  I was doing research on them and dragging my feet buying one so DH comes home with the Ninja a few months ago.  I'm still undecided whether or not I like it but I want to give it a chance. 

@walker  .... no, I don't have an Instant Pot.  I was looking at them also.  I think maybe I would've got more use out of the Instant Pot.

Boy, I had a scare today.  I was on the 3rd floor cleaning and I heard DH calling for me.  He was in his garage putting headers in his classic car and one fell off and hit him in the head.  He said he turned his head as not to hit him in the face, that was smart thinking.  He is on blood thinners so there was so much blood I couldn't tell how serious it was at first.  We put his head under the faucet to wash away all the blood and he has this 1-inch gash on top of a bump that is the size of a golfball.  I think it should've had stitches but he didn't want to go to the ER.  We applied pressure to stop the bleeding, bandaged it up and it looked much better later on when he took a shower.  It really scared me! 

Well, friends, I'm out of here.  Good night!

Have a Beautiful Sunday! ؁ღ❁ღ؁Ƥℓҽąʂҽ Ƒҽҽℓ Ƒɽҽҽ ƬᎧ ƤᎥɳ Ꮗɦą৳ ƴᎧմ ᏝᎥƙҽ! ƝᎧ ƤᎥɳ  ᏝᎥɱᎥ৳ʂ! Ʈɧąɳƙ ϒσմ Ƒσŗ Ƒ… | Sunday greetings, Good morning greetings, Happy  sunday quotes

C .... Classic French Crepes

NEXT .... D

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  MissMadi, sorry about your DH, hope there are no after effects.  What a scare!  Good wishes for him.

kittyfan, we sure did not get that much rain.  I must have been under a rock as I didn't hear about flooding or much else. (didn't watch TV) 🤔 Your Opera sounds fun and how nice you got to attend this year.   

Tootie, how fun to have LG and enjoy his adventures outside while tiring out Grammie and Grandpa.  Hope you had your sneakers on!  How does the Instant Pot compare with a rice maker?  DD has a rice maker and loves it!

We don't have an Instant Pot - it sounds like a pressure cooker which we do have but never use.  We cooked the corned beef in the slow cooker.  It sure made for some great sandwihes!

walker, I think the weather has impacted the food chain all around.  Nothing beats TX Grapefruit.  That was what we ate when I lived in CA. Did you take a picture of your DH grilling?  For evidence?  

We will enjoy 85 today.

Passing the coffee ~

D - Dishwasher

E is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... oh MissMadi! so glad that your DH was OK ... and it was a good thing that you were home when it happened ... I hope all is well with him today.

cookie, I also had a rice cooker and it did an OK job ... I prefer the Instant Pot over that (I like the way the rice comes out) and you can also use it for a lot of other things ... it is a pressure cooker (but more modernized ... I guess as I've only heard horror stories about the older ones)

walker, oh yum!! you got to have your burger on the grill!! I love the summertime for grilling ... 🌭🍔🍗🥩

kittyfan, enjoy your day!!

We'll have a rainy 51 degree day ... Have a good day ... hope I can find my seat for Mass this morning 😄 ... pouring and passing.

E ~ English Muffin

F ~ NEXT